shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of halos set east-west?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aftereight

Rough_Rock
Hello PS, long time/first time. I trying to figure out the right setting for my gf and I heard that she likes halos (no surprise, quite popular around here). I also understood that she likes stones set east/west. Wondering if anyone has any pics that combine those two features - halo set east/west. I''ve checked out a ton of cushion and oval threads, but most stones with ratio >1.1 are set north/south.

Also, any thoughts as to what stone size might be too large if its set east/west with a halo? (ring size ~5)

Thanks!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I think that could look really, really gorgeous.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
OHHH that would be gorgeous!! E/W is my fav unique look, and I love halos! (why it never occured to me to turn mine, I don''t know!
33.gif
)
I''m sitting here trying to picture my stone sideways.... I''m a 5.25 and my stone it just over 4cts. and I think that would be the largest I could wear without it being wider than my finger (maybe 4.5ct). Also take into account the size of the halo. Mine is honestly the most delicate one I have ever seen in person, so if the halo was larger I would have to say 3.5ct.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CrookedRock - where is a thread on your stone? I would love to see it. Sounds georgeous!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock

amazinglywonderful

Rough_Rock
An American Idol runner-up, Katharine McPhee, has an east-west oval with a halo.

slide6_weddings[1].jpg

aftereight

Rough_Rock
Deelight, CR, and AW, thanks for sharing. All great feedback.

CR - your stone is huge and your ring looks great!

AW, the last pic of the oval is sort of the idea I''m thinking of. That was a huge help.

If there are more out there, please keep them coming!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks aftereight & vip!
I have to say that I love that oval ring! I think you could easy turn Scarlet16''s cushion ring into a halo and it would be stunning! Please keep us posted on what you decide, I''m loving your idea!
36.gif

amazinglywonderful

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 9:56:33 PM
Author: aftereight
Deelight, CR, and AW, thanks for sharing. All great feedback.

CR - your stone is huge and your ring looks great!

AW, the last pic of the oval is sort of the idea I''m thinking of. That was a huge help.

If there are more out there, please keep them coming!
Aftereight, something like that oval is what I''m thinking of for an engagement ring too! My engagment is still a year off or more, but I would love to see who you go with to create it, the process, and howyour ring turns out.

Please keep us posted!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow that east west oval is gorgeous. I love the delicate halo. Good luck in your search
35.gif

aftereight

Rough_Rock
Will definitely keep you all posted. Scarlett''s ring looks fantastic - I''m a huge fan like many many other people. That said, I''ve been charged to find/make something with some vintage/antique aspects to it. I''ve learned a ton over the many months I''ve lurked, so I''ll gladly share with everyone once the finished product is available.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results