shape
carat
color
clarity

pics of blue sapphire bezel set studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
after reading some recent posts i have developed an interest in some blue sapphire bezel set studs. i would love to see pics if anybody owns some. thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''ll be lovely. Maybe NSC has pictures of bezeled sapphires?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it''s not too small. Sorry I could not find a blue coloured sapphire but maybe someone with some Photoshop skills can change the colour?

sapphirebezel.JPG

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I saw some that IndieJones had bought for her grandmother a few months back.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darn it, wrong person and they aren''t bezeled like I remembered. I have no idea how I managed to find and remember the thread in the first place.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the replies ladies! do you think that set in platinum they would be nicer looking in martinis or bezels?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair that were a wedding gift from my husband, I''ll try to upload some pics today. They are 1ct total weight, in 14k white gold.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks! i will be watching for them. do to the light return factor i am now questioning the bezel set. any opinions on that?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the sapphire is light, the bezel will darken the tone by 1 shade. If the sapphire is dark to begin with, then prong set would be best.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a somewhat blurry ear-shot.

sapp_bezel_selkie.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
The bezels are quite open in the back on these, almost like what I think you mean by a martini setting?

IMG_1038.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
A couple photos in different lighting. First is with flash:

flash_selkie_sapp.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Without flash, indirect fluorescent office lighting. They are a rich blue, almost violet in some lights. They are from Cross Jewelers in Maine. The setting are shown in this link: Whisper Close. These were around $800. I should add that I didn't get a chance to clean them well before taking the photos, they sparkle more when they're clean! Yuk, sorry...

no_flash_selkie.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Selkie, they are gorgeous. The blue is divine and the setting is so fine, not the typical clunky bulky bezel.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! They''re sooo comfortable, and they really do sit very close to the earlobe. They aren''t shown on the website, but the store had a whole range of sapphire bezel-set studs in sizes to over 1ct each. Droolworthy.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi crown1, if you didn''t already know, NSC is having a sale tomorrow.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 11:58:55 AM
Author: Chrono
If the sapphire is light, the bezel will darken the tone by 1 shade. If the sapphire is dark to begin with, then prong set would be best.

aren''t you the clever one! thanks for the info.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks sooooo much selkie! the studs are just beautiful. i do appreciate the time you took to photograph and your great info.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi to you to miss hariette! i did not know about the sale. thanks for advising me.

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 8:05:58 AM
Author: Harriet
NSC is having a sale tomorrow.

Harriet, do you know if a coupon is necessary for the sale? I didn''t see anything on their website about it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know. I deleted the e-mail because I''m not shopping for sapphires. Call them?

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 9:30:22 PM
Author: Harriet
I don''t know. I deleted the e-mail because I''m not shopping for sapphires. Call them?

Definitely will. Thanks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy 1year Priscope Anniversary Crown!!!
36.gif
36.gif
You and I joined PS around the same time!!!

I love Selkie''s studs and they would look great!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks skippy! i was not even aware. i lurked for a couple of years before i ever signed on. congratulations to you also. i read you are enjoying some snow. have fun!
1.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have non bezeled ceylon stud sapphires. Do you want me to post a photo or do you only want to see bezeled sapphires? They are an amazing shade of blue.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks! i would love to see them. very nice of you to offer. i am sure others following this thread will enjoy seeing them also. tia!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Here is another. I don't have any flowers and its freezing out so I used one of my daughter's scruchies :)

I don't know specs on these. They were a gift from my grandfather from years ago. All I know is that they are a super pretty bright blue in person and I get comments on the beautiful color.

100_1701.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Trying to make the photo bigger, lets see if this works.

I was able to make it bigger on the show me the ring section but it looks funky since I made it small for here and then bigger on the other thread.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 5:19:51 PM
Author: asscherisme
I just took this :)

those are lovely. thanks! i''ll check out the smtr thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results