shape
carat
color
clarity

!!!!!! PICS !!!!!!! ENGAGED !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone!

well... i''ve been a very hit or miss poster, but i do read ps daily... and since it was ps that led me and my now FI to facets i thought i better post the bling shots.... or else ;-)

a little background...
we were friends for 7 years before our relationship changed from friends to BF/GF. i was dating a guy i thought was "the one", but too many ups and downs ..... he finally showed me that there was so much more to a relationship and that it could be great all of the time. we started dating officially in sept of 2002... moved in together in may of 2003... bought our first house together in 2004, got a dog ... fixed up the house, sold it ... bought our second house in may of this year (... still no ring :O .... i did doubt that it would happen ... but like good wine.. some things are better with age, and this next step in our relationship is no different. he''s 31 and i''m 29 ..... and it was perfect timing.

the proposal was very us.... my friends call me "julie the cruise director" so getting something past me, or plans that i don''t know about is a very difficult task... and he totally surprised me... we were at home on wednesday .... leaving late from where we live to go to my hometown for thanksgiving (trying to avoid some of the holiday traffic) it was in our living room, very low key and very sweet.

the weekend was great! we were able to celebrate with all of our friends and family (who were wayyy excited!!!) i didn''t want the weekend to end.

now.. for the ring.... i''ve flip flopped so many times on what i wanted.. it had to drive him nuts. i started with a halo, moved onto a three stone, to a solitaire, back to a halo, tension... you name it... i went shopping... he went shopping.... but when we went shopping together we finally found something very us. it''s simple, classic and super sparkly!!

with the help of ps i directed my bf to facets (hoping he would take the bait and he did!) i can''t say enough about the craftsmanship, or the diamonds …they diamonds are so white and full of life! i wouldn''t hesitate to recommend them to anyone! (on a side note… they appraised well over what he paid! well done ps and facets!)

so without making anyone wait any longer... here are some pics... i''ve already taken tem out for a little photo shoot.. hope you don''t mind all of the pics ;-)

myprecious103.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock

myprecious100.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock

myprecious101.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock

myprecious102.jpg

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! They're beautiful. What are the stats and what is your ring size? Is this the version with the open gallery?
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
thanks!

how could i forget the stats! shheesh!

they are just the regular bands...7 rounds per bands.... .93 per band ... plat ... size 6.5

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, gorgeous and so classic!

Will you put your wedding band in the middle of the two? A plain half-round platinum band would be amazing in between.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! I love your rings, they''re gorgeous!
36.gif
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful!!! Very classic. You might want to consider soldering them together so they don''t rub on each other. It should be fine since they are the same metal, but something to think about.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

I kept going back and forth between ring settings & diamond cuts, and almost went for diamond eternity bands... YOUR TWO ARE AMAZING...Will you wear a wedding band? or is one of them going to be your wedding band?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh!! So lovely! I am totally wanting bands now! Enjoy them, they look stunning!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Finally!!!!! Someone who has diamond bands as their e-ring!!!! Brilliant idea...I really love how sparkly they are!!!! Congrats & please indulge us in some more pics of those lovelies!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
oh gosh - thanks so much for all of the nice wishes....

i love the fact that i have full finger coverage with the max sparkle (in our budget of course) and i love that they are different from the traditional e-ring.. without being too over the top. i''ve already gotten some interesting comments... and one of our friends didn''t believe that we were even engaged b/c of the rings.

i am thinking about the wedding band sitting in between the two bands.. but still flip flopping if i want to do simple or sparkle... my bf thinks i already have "a lot going on" but i''m not sure ;-)

here''s another one of my favs.

myprecious105.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
couldn''t resist... one more

myprecious104.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUMMO!!! I love that look!! Congrats Vizsla!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats on your engagement!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! And I vote for the plain platinum band in between for the wedding band!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just gorgeous...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh I just love your beautiful bands and I think that is such a unique and lovely idea for an engagement ring! I also think that they would look incredible with a plain band in between them for your wedding ring, but you need to try on different things to see what you like.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!! I think those bands are DEEELicious and what a great idea for an e-ring!!! LOVE THAT WITH A BIG OL'' PUFFY HEART!

Here''s a crazy idea for your w-band ... what about BLACK DIAMONDS. One of the most stunning/memorable e-ring w-band combos I''ve ever seen was a channel set white diamond band paired with a channel set black diamond band. So CHIC it hurt to look at! Almost made me reconsider my e-ring already in progress! Almost ...
31.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Very classy!!! Makes me anxious to get my rings! My set is very similar except the e-ring has six stones surrounding a center diamond (wedding band is 7 like yours).

I have a question? What kind of camera did you use to take the pics??? They are lovely - every time I try to take pics they are all blurry :(

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a great look.
They''re stunning

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
my bf thinks i already have "a lot going on" but i''m not sure ;-)
Ahem, that''s fiance, missy! And don''t you forget it!

Congrats and wear your beautiful bling in health and happiness! They''re unique yet classic at the same time. :)

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! I love them
30.gif
30.gif

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
Awesome! So classy! I thought about doing this for my e-ring too and sometimes wish I had. I too vote for plain in the middle -- there are lots of times when it''s nice to have the option of just a plain band (sports, changing diapers, cooking, etc). There''s always anniversaries for more bling :)

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what beautiful rings! I''m glad that you and your fiance were able to find what you were looking for! Unique and classic at the same time. Congrats!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how fabulous! I love them! I would consider doing one for e-ring and one for w-band... or I would also consider getting a matching band with sapphires to wear after the wedding! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
OOH! So pretty! I was looking at that ring becuase it''s very similar to the Tiffany one! Could you post profile/side shots, please? Pretty please? I love how they look on your hand.
30.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
oh gosh... you all make me blush ;-) thank you so much for all of your kind kind words.

and what great suggestions... i did try on my mom''s 2mm plain band... my sister liked it better on the bottom of both bands... i liked it in the middle.. but it wasn''t as tall (is that right?) as the diamond bands so it kinda got lost.. i think i need to try some on that are a bit thicker. i also liked the idea of doing a very small tension set diamond for the wedding band... but i guess i''ll just have to try some things on (looove the black diamond idea!!!) and i was thinking that an alternating yellow diamond/white diamond band might be fun.. but i have lots of time to think about it.... plus, as long as it took me to pick these out i''m sure i''ll flip flop a thousand times.

but i am so happy with the final decision.. anyone who is considering bands should give it some serious thought... they are so perfect and sparkly.. i don''t feel any remorse that i don''t have a larger single diamond.. my rings sure do have a wow factor.. but i am a little biased ;-) ... it was bling divas awesome celebrity eternity band pictures that really sealed the deal.. i just love ''em

the camera i use is a casio exilim 8.1 mp... i used the macro focus.... i love my camera.. but i wish the focal length was a little shorter (i had to pull out to get the rings in focus and then zoom in in photoshop) ... i think target is offering the 6.1 mp casio for $139 this week (an amazing deal).

and since you asked ;-) ;-)

myprecious106.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
one more ... i hated my nail polish color when we got engaged, so i haven''t taken any full hand shots yet (sorry for the finger cut off shots)... today might be the last sunny day for the rest of the year so i''ll try to take some this afternoon ;-)

myprecious107.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results