shape
carat
color
clarity

Picking The One Ring :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kurtangle

Rough_Rock

Hey everybody, I have seen some great info on here. Im in the process of buying my first diamond and it will be the diamond so I want it to be great. I have done a lot of homework on it and I just want to get expert advice on the following 2 stones. Any advice would be great

Stone 1

1.55 H SI1 Table: 54 Depth 61 VG/VG 7900

Stone 2

1.56 F SI1 Table: 59 Depth 60.5 VG/VG 9400

So its 1500 to go up 2 colors. The table seems high on stone 2 but my dealer says that in the comments section it is listed as "ideal"

I have seen stone1 with my own eyes. It looked good but I am just a beginner. I looked at it next to a G and I could see color difference barely. I feel that having a H might always bother me. I want the one thats going to sparkle the most.

again, any help is much appreciated

kurtangle

Rough_Rock

oh and measurements on stone 2 7.54x7.49x4.5

stone 1 was 7.49 but thats all i remember

Hest88

Ideal_Rock

There''s not enough info to really make a definitive evaluation. Can you get crown and pavilion data?

If these are the only ones to choose from I''d opt for #1. Smaller table and visually should look about the same both in color and diameter to the typical person.

kurtangle

Rough_Rock

thanks for responding. I will hopefully have that data posted tomorrow or later today -

you didnt seem very impressed by either stone...should I look for something different?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, it''s just hard to tell if I *should* be enthusiastic or not. Like asking if a woman is pretty but only getting a picture of part of her face. The price also seems low, especially for the 1st one, so I just also wonder what the cut is like. #2 is probably closer to a normal price, but I''m curious to see how the other numbers look.

kurtangle

Rough_Rock

Crown Height 15%

Pavillion depth 43%

girdle thickness - medium faceted

listed as "excellent ideal cut"

this is all for stone 1

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Angles are more accurate than percentages, but from those numbers it looks okay. Let''s see, the HCA gives stone #1 a .8, so looks quite nice indeed!

kurtangle

Rough_Rock

thanks for your help hest....

so do you think this diamond is a go?

the more i read places it seems that i shouldnt be scared by the H color... it seems like it might always bug me though.

UnionDiamond

Rough_Rock

Hi,

There are many people who will have an opinion based on what they consider to be most important to them. IMHO, an H color is beautiful and by the looks of that that make (proportions), I think the diamond will be spectacular.

Good Luck.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock

The data they provided you seems like it may have been rounded off though, how often will a crown height percentage be "exactly" 15% and the pavillion percentage be exactly 43%. Is there any chance that the vendor can give you a sarin or ogi megascope report on the diamond.

The diamonds seemingly low price may be because of the certificate. Are the stones certified and if so by whom? I have seen some SI1 H 1.5 go for $9000 but these were not generally the *ideal* cut stone. There are no *exact* parameters for an ideal stone. The lab AGS does grade for cut. The HCA and AGA will give you parameters to look at such as total depth, table percentage, pav. angle, pav. depth, crown ang., crown height, girdle etc. so that you can judge how *ideal* it is for you.

AGS would not classify a diamond that has a table of 59% as ideal, however, it does seem that the larger table gives you more *spread* which makes the diamond appear larger than a 1.5 that has a lesser table. However, this could also diminish *fire*.

So.. I guess there can be two suggestions.

1) pick the one you like based on the limited information that you have on these two stones and choose with your heart, eye, and wallet

or

2) you can keep looking for something that really knocks her off her feet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results