shape
carat
color
clarity

Pic posting frustration again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I started a thread here yesterday about not being able to post pictures. Well, I did it successfully a few times yesterday, and today I want to more pictures, but they are too big! I have no idea why. I did everything the exact same way, same size, etc as yesterday. So what is going on today?? This is frustrating.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i didn''t read your thread from yesterday, but you have to open the pictures in a photo program and play around with them. if you don''t know how big they are, simple way to find out, is just float your mouse over the file name or image and it will say something like 110kb, you need it under 100. also i find that with some photo programs, it will say the file is 98kb...and in reality with the name/title and other information ''saved'' into the photo, it puts it just over 100 so it would be like 103 when the file is actually saved. so factor in some margin for that.

i think almost everyone would have microsoft office picture manager on their computer, it won''t do much but it will resize and crop pictures for you. there is also a ''compress pictures'' button if you go into resize. you can choose ''for web'' and it makes them MUCH smaller. it will also reduce picture quality big time, so i don''t like to use this function but if you can''t figure out how to get the file size smaller, then you might want to try this.

really you just need to play around with whatever you have on your system and keep tinkering with the images to get them to where you want them to be. there is no foolproof easy manner to get them under 100kb. i use adobe photoshop to do mine and it has this save as feature for JPG''s where it shows me a sliding scale on how big i want the image to be and what quality. i typically choose an 8 out of 11 or similar and it keeps it around 85kb. BUT if there is a lot of detail in the picture then even an 8 might be 130kb so sometimes i have to get them smaller.

have fun!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mara. I finally got it figured out...I had them the correct size, but was accessing the regular size when trying to upload them.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results