shape
carat
color
clarity

Pic posted here of a ring I want a hand shot with.. Cross Canterbury

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have handshots of this ring or one like it?

ringcross.jpg

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
oooooh Julie - you''re good. Facets is just like it!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Wow Julie - you are good! Thank you so much. That is very helpful!

I''m wondering what the ring would look like with a center diamond of .85 to .95?

I think it would liook nice, it''s a beautiful ring no matter what. Any thoughts?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look just fine with that size stone!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow, is Canterbury the maker of this ring..?
Because that is Exactly the same as the Michael Bondanza that FF has..hrm, odd.

Debshine, I adore that ring. Pearlmans has the Bondanza line if you''d like to check it out.
However, imvho it''s better suited to a larger stone, simply due to the "heaviness" of the style...I considered having one made for a while, but decided not to for that same reason.
7.gif

Of course, this is only my opinion! Are you looking at it for an ering?

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Why yes I am! My BF and I have been looking at rings. He's not thrilled with the one I like. I didn't like the one he liked. it's my decision - I have to wear the ring, but as needed in marriage somtimes, I'm hoping we can come to a great compromise.

This ring has the lines that I liked and the strenght/sturdiness that he liked. AND it's made in Maine by some really fantastic jewelers from what I can see and what I have read. The are Cross Jewelers of Maine. Maine has very special to meaning to my boyfriend and the Cross line has special meaning to me. It kind of seems fated.

As for the size, I've been thinking of this all night... (I really have to get a life..LOL)... and the more I think about it, I don't think the size would be a detriment. It is a heavier ring which is good for my finger size, but I adore the side diamonds too and would hope the center diamond (with the help of Cross) would compliment the "shawl" of diamonds that surround it, not overpower it.

But thank you for your very honest opinion
2.gif
I hope I'm not just talking myself into something. He knows I want a beautiful diamond and I think with a great cut, amazing facets, that the CD could be amazing along with the setting.

Thoughts? Anyone?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is an unusual and beautiful setting and would look great at the size stone you are looking at. I love the little diamonds
peaking out from under the larger stone. I guess you havent been able to try it on?

Have you thought about wedding bands for it? Do they make one that goes with it? Or maybe a small eternity ring would
look beautiful with it.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is somewhat knife-edge isn''t it? It has a substantial side profile, but the top view would be totally suitable to the .85 ish ct centre stone IMO. The setting is actually daintier in real life, isn''t it? I adore that setting btw. I say go for it. What kind of WB goes with it?

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
OMG - this is so frustrating. I called Cross... VERY NICE people. Big help with all my questions. The lady told me the price, which was too expensive. They don''t do this ring in 18K white gold, only platinum, which I don''t really care for. However, she mentioned that they have been doing some in palladium, which I have no problem with at all, and is looking into it for me.

SOOOo.... I talk to my BF who is CHicago and tell him I''m excited that I may have found a compromise. I send him the pic... he doesn''t like it as much as the Rochelle I was looking at that he ORIGINALLY didn''t like.
32.gif
HUH?? LOL...

I''ve finally talked him into my original ring I liked. So I''m happy... just surprised. I used to think that it would be nice to have his input... but the more I delve into this... I''m thinking that maybe it''s just easier if I nicely insist on what I want since I know my tastes. I have a feeling this is setting a precidence (sp?) for all jewelry making decisions! :)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would look fine with a .85 stone.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look great with a .85. I like under a carat stones with thicker shanks and larger stones with smaller shanks, but that's just me.
1.gif

I think a substantial shank paired with a .85-.95 stone, makes for a more substantial piece on the whole. That setting is gorgeous!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Cross has some beautiful pieces and this is one of them! I think your diamond would look great in that setting, but try it on and see what you think of it first. Congrats on your engagement to be....and come back and post pics of your ring
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results