shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop help, Pretty Please?!..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello,
as per my other thread I would love love if anyone can assist with photoshop so I can make up my mind!
I am trying to decide whether to have this mount in yellow or white gold, and it will be set with a lavender spinel.
I will post pics below, but I have no idea how photoshop works, so pls excuse me if the pics I''ve used are not compatible!..I realize the stone is the wrong shape/size, its just the best example I could find..pls tell me if it won''t work and I''ll search some more.
5.gif

I would like to be able to see what the stone looks like inside the WG mount, and also if its possible to make the mount YG and put the stone in?

I hope someone can help me, as this is driving me crazy!

cushion side1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
mount 2

012d.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
The stone.

Thanks so much in advance anyone inclined to help my tortured jewellery - obsessed mind, LOL
40.gif
9.gif

lavender yum.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this is better, another spinel pic. (probably a little lighter than "mine", but no biggy)..

Thanks!

violetspineloval114.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
only if you tell me where you bought your setting?
19.gif
2.gif

012dretouch.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
another - i''m no expert.. so please forgive my photoshop crudeness ;-)

cushion side1retouch.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!
Thanks so much vizsla !
That really does look good in WG, you''re a champ (love the av btw, hilarious character!)..

Is there any chance of doing the same thing but with the mount in yellow gold? Do you need a pic to work off?

I''m happy to oblige, but I really must give the kudos to Lauren The Partier - she found this *gold mine* of ring mounts. I am going to reserve judgement until I receive the setting of course, but Lauren seems stoked with hers
5.gif

linky http://stores.ebay.com/Lord-of-Gem-Rings

Now, any chance of the YG..?
31.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
yeah sure.... do you just want to post the setting like the others?
or i can pull that 2 tone setting from your other post...

i''m veeerrryyyy busy today ;0

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
here ya go.. i took the setting from your other post ;-)

GemView_NewSetting.jpg-2retouch.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 11:41:26 AM
Author: vizsla
yeah sure.... do you just want to post the setting like the others?
or i can pull that 2 tone setting from your other post...

i''m veeerrryyyy busy today ;0
Hi vizsla - unfortunately the vendor doesn''t offer this setting in YG, which is why I''m trying to get an idea how it will look...These pics are the closest I could find, but I''m sure putting the stone in there will give me the look I''m after
5.gif

If you''re up to it, I would really love to see the first mount in two - tone (WG top and YG shank), that would be awesome !

No rush btw, I am just grateful for your help.
5.gif

And pls, if I''m asking too much just tell me so! - I''m a total photoshop novice so not aware of how much it takes, sorry
40.gif

Thankyou!

085a.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ETA: oh wow, you''re too quick for me!
Thankyou !
36.gif

085b.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
here ya go

085aretouch.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just my .02, the WG would really make it pop.
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I will love it in yellow gold with a lavender spinel! I really, really like it in WG, too, though.x

Do you have the stone already and have you asked the vendor if they will make it to fit your stone? The problem I had is that the prongs were set along the outside of the inner bezel, and so my stone was slightly too small. My jeweler is moving the prongs in, and then miligraining the outer edge of the inner bezel, and polishing out the inside of the basket because it's a bit - dull - as is.
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou again vizsla
36.gif

Ellen, you know I need your 2c ! What do you think about 2 tone with WG halo..?

Lauren, I am still waiting on the rough for my stone, although it should be v. close to the colour in this thread.
It seems I can have a clipped-corner cushion cut to fit, which will avoid the corner/prong issue you encountered I believe..suggestion from the cutter which I thought was good.
5.gif

*fingers crossed* My appraiser recommended some good bench jewellers here for me, and I''ve already confirmed with one he is happy to do this work..
I hope it all goes well!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 12:45:39 PM
Author: arjunajane
Thankyou again vizsla
36.gif

Lauren, I am still waiting on the rough for my stone, although it should be v. close to the colour in this thread.
It seems I can have a clipped-corner cushion cut to fit, which will avoid the corner/prong issue you encountered I believe..suggestion from the cutter which I thought was good.
5.gif

*fingers crossed* My appraiser recommended some good bench jewellers here for me, and I've already confirmed with one he is happy to do this work..
I hope it all goes well!
I would just make sure the cushion bows out enough to basically fill the space over the inner bezel area. I tried putting an Asscher cut pink morganite into it, just to see what it looked like, and to be honest, the straight sides just weren't bowed out enough for me - the expane of inner bezel metal bugged me. I'm probably still going to have an issue with the BB square cushion, but at least my jeweler is going to be able to take care of that added metal by miligraining it.
9.gif

I can't wait to see your rough cut! I hope your jeweller works for you, too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Now that would most likely work very nicely, and still get you some YG.
28.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 10:11:18 AM
Oh wow!

Thanks so much vizsla !

That really does look good in WG, you''re a champ (love the av btw, hilarious character!)..

Is there any chance of doing the same thing but with the mount in yellow gold? Do you need a pic to work off?

I''m happy to oblige, but I really must give the kudos to Lauren The Partier - she found this *gold mine* of ring mounts. I am going to reserve judgement until I receive the setting of course, but Lauren seems stoked with hers
5.gif

31.gif
ive seen their settings on ebay for quite some time, just curious how they look IRL...Let us know how it looks when you get it!! :) I like the WG setting :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 1:27:59 PM
Author: blondebunny

Date: 8/22/2008 10:11:18 AM
Oh wow!

Thanks so much vizsla !

5.gif

31.gif
ive seen their settings on ebay for quite some time, just curious how they look IRL...Let us know how it looks when you get it!! :) I like the WG setting :)
BlondeBunny, check my Question for Coloured Gem Crew thread - I have pics of it IRL on page 2.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 1:05:02 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Thankyou again vizsla
36.gif

5.gif

*fingers crossed* My appraiser recommended some good bench jewellers here for me, and I''ve already confirmed with one he is happy to do this work..
I hope it all goes well!
I would just make sure the cushion bows out enough to basically fill the space over the inner bezel area. I tried putting an Asscher cut pink morganite into it, just to see what it looked like, and to be honest, the straight sides just weren''t bowed out enough for me - the expane of inner bezel metal bugged me. I''m probably still going to have an issue with the BB square cushion, but at least my jeweler is going to be able to take care of that added metal by miligraining it.
9.gif

I can''t wait to see your rough cut! I hope your jeweller works for you, too!

Thanks for the info lauren, I will pass this onto the cutter.
I think, if you don''t mind me using them, your pics from your thread will also help him to understand what particular shape we need.

i can''t imagine anything worse than having a gorgeou stone cut that won''t fit!
6.gif

Thx hon for your continued input, its very generous of you.
5.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 11:25:59 PM

Date: 8/22/2008 1:05:02 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Thankyou again vizsla
36.gif

5.gif

I hope it all goes well!
I would just make sure the cushion bows out enough to basically fill the space over the inner bezel area. I tried putting an Asscher cut pink morganite into it, just to see what it looked like, and to be honest, the straight sides just weren''t bowed out enough for me - the expane of inner bezel metal bugged me. I''m probably still going to have an issue with the BB square cushion, but at least my jeweler is going to be able to take care of that added metal by miligraining it.
9.gif

I can''t wait to see your rough cut! I hope your jeweller works for you, too!

Thanks for the info lauren, I will pass this onto the cutter.
I think, if you don''t mind me using them, your pics from your thread will also help him to understand what particular shape we need.

i can''t imagine anything worse than having a gorgeou stone cut that won''t fit!
6.gif

Thx hon for your continued input, its very generous of you.
5.gif

Of course - use any pics you need.

I''ll likely take some more pics tomorrow, so be sure to check my thread in the afternoon.

Cheers, dear - I''m going upstairs for the night!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I have just one more request, promise !
Vizsla, you still out there..? lol..Or anyone else good a photoshop?

(copyright pic from Lauren)

Any chance of seeing what this looks like with a yellow gold shank and the top left in white?
Then I will make up my mind, promise!
Thanks so much anyone who can help.
5.gif

original.aspx

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - this is laughable!
and also nothing short of looking like a kindergarten art project - but here you go nonetheless.
please - those with *real* photoshop skills - be kind to me
19.gif
3.gif

IMG537hahaha.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2008 1:11:13 PM
OMG - this is laughable!
and also nothing short of looking like a kindergarten art project - but here you go nonetheless.
19.gif
3.gif
OMG! Its hideous! lol, please vizsla I''m just kidding - like I said earlier, I''m useless with this program so thankyou so much for trying..It does give me at least an idea..

More importantly, did you find anything you liked at the ebay store?
31.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the pics I did for AJ in her other thread in RT in case any of you wanted to see.
12.gif

ajtwotone2.jpg

ajtwotone%20copy.jpg
ajyg.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the YG for some reason. hehe
1.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
show-off!
LOL! i know, i know .. my attempt was AW-ful ;-)

and i did actually... i''m kinda liking the double halo semi-mount.. and also those cute little pave bands... ;-) ;-)

for $199/each me thinks a white, pink and gold would be uber cute for RHR stacking!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2008 1:11:13 PM
OMG - this is laughable!
19.gif
3.gif
Holy crap! Bwahahahahahahahaha - I leaughed for a full 5 minutes when I saw this!

Vizsla - that''s awesome!

GemRite

Rough_Rock
Nice work using photoshop!! I didn''t know all of that could be done using it. I am leaning towards the white gold and the lavender stone. Just seems to flow better in my mind, but you are the ultimate decission maker
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results