shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshoot and vendor experiences and

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dfm00

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I asked for advice on stones several weeks ago and ended up going with the 1.523 H/SI2 from WF in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rb-opinions-greatly-appreciated.55830/. I received the diamond on Friday and am amazed by how beautiful it is in person. I was worried about the SI2 even though WF said the stone was eye clean but I certainly agree with them; there is one inclusion I can see face up from about 6 inches or closer but even that one is tough to find if I haven''t just located it with magnification. I''m glad I went with H color over I; I can certainly see color from side and even face up. Would have liked to have gone higher on color (and probably clarity) but size was very important to us (her) and I needed to keep it under $10K. I know how much everyone here enjoys pictures, so I thought I''d share some I took. Idealscope and H&A images were challenging...as a disclaimer to guard WF''s reputaion, my photography skills were certainly the limiting factor, not the cut of the diamond. I''m having so much fun playing with this diamond, I almost don''t want to relinquish it to be set tomorrow!

The idealscope (expert) was purchased from David Atlas (along with an ultrasonic). Very smooth transaction and the order was shipped extremely quickly. Tracy et al at Whiteflash were also great to work with!

On my hand:

DSC_0164small.jpg

dfm00

Rough_Rock
closer:

DSC0159small.jpg

dfm00

Rough_Rock
major inclusion at 3:00 (the rest is dust)

DSC0126small.jpg

dfm00

Rough_Rock
lots o'' color (and dust)

DSC0128small.jpg

dfm00

Rough_Rock
feeble attempt at IS:

DSC0113small.jpg

dfm00

Rough_Rock
and hearts...

DSC0101small.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Looks very good. Can''t wait to see hand shots. What kind of setting are you going for?

dfm00

Rough_Rock
and arrows

DSC0099small.jpg

dfm00

Rough_Rock
grand finale...took a bunch of shots trying to capture flashes of fire. this is my favorite, maybe i''ll post some others in the fire thread.
30.gif

DSC0074small.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, that fire shot is awesome.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with JulieN, very nice fire shot!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!!! You took great pics!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 11:25:03 PM
Author: dfm00
grand finale...took a bunch of shots trying to capture flashes of fire. this is my favorite, maybe i''ll post some others in the fire thread.
30.gif
6.gif
36.gif

Holy cow, that is one awesome shot!! Just beautiful.
30.gif

You can put as many fire shots as you want in there, but please include this one!

Oh, and congrats!
9.gif

dfm00

Rough_Rock
Wow, that''ll teach me to post pics from a laptop, they''re much larger and darker now that I look at them on a desktop. Oh well.

Gothgrrl, I dropped off the stone this morning at a local B&M to be set in a platinum split shank micropave from Mark Patterson.
http://www.michaelcfina.com/ic/mcfina/sections/wedding_engagement_rings/wedding_engagement/marc_patterson/:product/code/PL0689PROM0010.html?block=1 Better picture at www.markpatterson.com (first picture under the Promise collection). Yes, I''ll have to convince my future fiancee that I''m not crazy wanting to take a picture of her hand to post on the internet
2.gif

Ellen and everyone else, thanks! I''ll try to post some images in the fire thread this evening.

Dave

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That fire shot is unbelievable!!!!!
I''ve never seen that intense of a color burst captured in a picture before!
Great shot!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2007 1:09:21 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
WOW! That fire shot is unbelievable!!!!!
I''ve never seen that intense of a color burst captured in a picture before!
Great shot!
HI:

Ditto! You have the magic touch! Oh beautiful diamond, btw.....

cheers--Sharon

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Best fire shot I *ever* saw. You should make a poster out of that one!

dfm00

Rough_Rock
I had the same idea, Beacon. I think it will make a nice large print.

Dave

dfm00

Rough_Rock
An update: the ring is finished and I''m extremely happy with it. Pictures here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/her-ring-whiteflash-and-mark-patterson.60503/.

Also, I recently received a very gracious call from Brian Gavin at Whiteflash, following up on my transaction and making sure I was happy with everything. Unfortunately I missed the call, but answered with an e-mail and received very nice responses from Brian and Debi Wexler. Just one more part of my great experience with Whiteflash.

Dave

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a great stone and I love that setting. Post it, and she will soon come on board!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Please take more pictures when it''s set!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
*Pop, pop*
(That's me trying to put my eyes back in my head!)
30.gif
HOLY COW, Batman! Gorgeous, gorgeous stone!!!

That diamond is a KILLER and your GF is gonna be one HAPPY girl! You done good!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I said this in your other thread, but oofta you have a gorgeous stone and ring there!!!

dfm00

Rough_Rock
Thanks, all. The two big, natural light pictures above look kind of gross to me now, but IRL it's beautiful. More pics toward the end of "the fire thread".

Lumpkin, pictures of the completed ring are over in SMTR!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results