shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of Lightbox Jewelry

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say that saturated pink is really gorgeous. I much prefer it to the in-between shades, or the more orange tones.

I see! I prefer a lighter color =)2

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I like the light ones as well - just not the 'in-betweeners'. I appreciate a strong colour can be limiting depending on your wardrobe or other jewellery, and of course skin tone.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Here are the photos of my LB purchase: very deep saturated pink.

photo_2021-02-03_20-51-42.jpg

That's way more saturated than mine! It looks that way in natural daylight too?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much darker than the previous pinks!

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
Yes, it's lovely but it's quite a departure from what is shown on the LB site. There is always some variation with coloured stones, but this kind of hue will no doubt be a surprise for whoever orders it - be that good or bad.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Yes, it's lovely but it's quite a departure from what is shown on the LB site. There is always some variation with coloured stones, but this kind of hue will no doubt be a surprise for whoever orders it - be that good or bad.
Looks like a fancy vivid pink? I really prefer this over the orangey ones I’ve seen.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
That's way more saturated than mine! It looks that way in natural daylight too?

Yes it does, very dark. My spouse don't really like it too and said it looks kinda of fake, as the color is too saturated.

I prefer baby, faint pink actually.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the salmon pinks but I would imagine some would prefer this.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, I was honestly caught off guard when I unboxed it... I have returned this Btw.

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I listed them on LT last night then immediately regretted it. :rolleyes::lol: My right piercing points slightly down so studs bigger than 4-5mm points down, and bezels visually makes it more apparent. This reset wasn't cheap so not sure what to do now lol.

Have you tried the larger backs? I have the same problem with my piercing so I just had to let them grow back and gave them relieved again. Fixed the problem lol. I guess it was easier than removing the ears and repositioning them.

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I listed them on LT last night then immediately regretted it. :rolleyes::lol: My right piercing points slightly down so studs bigger than 4-5mm points down, and bezels visually makes it more apparent. This reset wasn't cheap so not sure what to do now lol.

Just thought about it. I also had my repiercing done a bit different. I had them pierced at a higher angle downward to help with heavier earrings.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried the larger backs? I have the same problem with my piercing so I just had to let them grow back and gave them relieved again. Fixed the problem lol. I guess it was easier than removing the ears and repositioning them.

I did, they just... pulled. I think my lobes are too thin. The piercings aren't even that low, but my lobes are flappy skin that can't hold any weight apparently.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Yes it does, very dark. My spouse don't really like it too and said it looks kinda of fake, as the color is too saturated.

I prefer baby, faint pink actually.

Here are a couple more photos i found in my another phone; the color is actually much darker in real life and these are the lightest colors taken with my handphone.

Just in case other PSers are wondering, i have returned the necklace and waiting for the refund from Lightbox.

photo_2021-02-14_09-54-52 (9).jpg
photo_2021-02-14_09-54-52 (10).jpg photo_2021-02-14_09-54-52 (11).jpg photo_2021-02-14_09-54-53.jpg

Attachments

• photo_2021-02-14_09-54-52.jpg
    photo_2021-02-14_09-54-52.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 17

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
It must be a couple of weeks since you returned it - have you had your refund yet? Don't count on the standard 'we've refunded you' email, check whatever method you paid with to see if the refund is actually in progress. I had to threaten a chargeback with Paypal before they eventually did mine.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
It must be a couple of weeks since you returned it - have you had your refund yet? Don't count on the standard 'we've refunded you' email, check whatever method you paid with to see if the refund is actually in progress. I had to threaten a chargeback with Paypal before they eventually did mine.

Emailed them but still waiting for their reply. :(

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

@Lindsay19 you are right. They insisted that they have refunded but I couldn't find the refund over my end.

I did not use paypal and have use this eNets which directly deducted the funds from my bank.

Now I do not know who to look for / check up to find out whether if the refund was indeed made. I totally regretted using paypal and now in a fix.

Although their website states "We’ll send you a confirmation email once our team has processed your return so you know your refund is on the way.", no email was made.

jso72

Rough_Rock
They received my return on 2/6. I got an email saying I could use my "credit" instead of waiting for refund. I called them on 2/14 to see what was going on. She told me it was still processing. I got my refund the next day. I would call them.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
They received my return on 2/6. I got an email saying I could use my "credit" instead of waiting for refund. I called them on 2/14 to see what was going on. She told me it was still processing. I got my refund the next day. I would call them.

Thanks @jso72 I am an overseas buyer. I guess I have to make an overseas call.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
@Lindsay19 you are right. They insisted that they have refunded but I couldn't find the refund over my end.

I did not use paypal and have use this eNets which directly deducted the funds from my bank.

Now I do not know who to look for / check up to find out whether if the refund was indeed made. I totally regretted using paypal and now in a fix.

Although their website states "We’ll send you a confirmation email once our team has processed your return so you know your refund is on the way.", no email was made.

First off, LB should have sent you an autogenerated email saying a refund has been issued. This should mean the refund is being processed, but in my experience this email means they had merely added it to their to-do list (or had completely forgotten to do it).

Normally it takes 3-5 days for a refund to clear into your bank once it's put into process (whether paypal or any other route is used). Ask your bank if there is a refund 'pending' and tell them you paid via eNets, and if that means a refund could be delayed a little (unlikely). If you haven't had the refund appear in your bank account within 14 days after LB received the goods back I would send them a strongly worded email.

At the end of the day I'm sure they are a decent company, as part of the DeBeers group. I am certain you will get your refund - they just seem rather inefficient and in need of repeated prodding.

And yes, best to use Paypal in future for extra security.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
First off, LB should have sent you an autogenerated email saying a refund has been issued. This should mean the refund is being processed, but in my experience this email means they had merely added it to their to-do list (or had completely forgotten to do it).

Normally it takes 3-5 days for a refund to clear into your bank once it's put into process (whether paypal or any other route is used). Ask your bank if there is a refund 'pending' and tell them you paid via eNets, and if that means a refund could be delayed a little (unlikely). If you haven't had the refund appear in your bank account within 14 days after LB received the goods back I would send them a strongly worded email.

At the end of the day I'm sure they are a decent company, as part of the DeBeers group. I am certain you will get your refund - they just seem rather inefficient and in need of repeated prodding.

And yes, best to use Paypal in future for extra security.

After a couple more emails to get more transactions details from lightbox so I can follow up on the financial institutes at my end.. They admitted that the refund wasn't made! *face palm*

Thank you for your response!

We double-checked with our processing team and received confirmation that the refund did not go through on our end.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Imagine what will happen if I had assumed that they have refunded and never check my bank account?

This is my First and my Last time buying from them!

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
Imagine what will happen if I had assumed that they have refunded and never check my bank account?

This is my First and my Last time buying from them!

That thought did cross my mind, and at the time I brushed it off as a simple oversight on their part. But seeing confirmation that the exact same thing happened to you is now making me suspicious.

'Forgetting' to process customer refunds is largely unheard of, at least in my experience (outside of dodgy ebay or aliexpress sellers). I hate to be cynical, but as you say part of me now wonders if they send out refund notices in the hope a proportion of people wouldn't get around to checking their bank statements. Then when you enquire they insist the refund was done, it becomes a war of words and they tell you to just keep waiting for the funds 'to clear'.

Two of us on the same forum in the space of a month (and both overseas customers) - that's quite a coincidence.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
That thought did cross my mind, and at the time I brushed it off as a simple oversight on their part. But seeing confirmation that the exact same thing happened to you is now making me suspicious.

'Forgetting' to process customer refunds is largely unheard of, at least in my experience (outside of dodgy ebay or aliexpress sellers). I hate to be cynical, but as you say part of me now wonders if they send out refund notices in the hope a proportion of people wouldn't get around to checking their bank statements. Then when you enquire they insist the refund was done, it becomes a war of words and they tell you to just keep waiting for the funds 'to clear'.

Two of us on the same forum in the space of a month (and both overseas customers) - that's quite a coincidence.

@Lindsay19 me too.. What a "coincidence"!

I am so indebted to you.. your gentle reminder prompted me to double check my bank account.

If not for you. .. I would have forgotten about it since I was so busy with my other purchases.

Lightbox has repeatedly insisted that I wait and that refund has certainly been done..so I have to follow up with whatever financial institutions at my end. Imagine the time and effort wasted for the wild goose chase.

Lightbox couldn't ignore me anymore when I pointedly ask for the following details (posting this to help future overseas buyers)

1) Merchant Reference Code:
2) Transaction Amount:
3) Date and Time of Transaction:
4) Merchant's Name:
5) Authorisation/approval code:
6) Mode of payment, ie; credit or debit:
7) Credit card number (1st 6 digits and the last 4 digits)

I wonder how many overseas buyers did not follow up like what we did... and ended up not getting their refunds at all.

Last edited:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I love my diamond stud earrings from them, but I wanted to chime in and say that I did also have a delayed refund from them last year where I had to contact customer service several times. I think they have overall good stones for the price point but customer service is not impressive. If I hadn’t been checking I would not have known either. I’m US though so I think it’s a common issue.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
@Lindsay19 me too.. What a "coincidence"!

I am so indebted to you.. your gentle reminder prompted me to double check my bank account.

If not for you. .. I would have forgotten about it since I was so busy with my other purchases.

Lightbox has repeatedly insisted that I wait and that refund has certainly been done..so I have to follow up with whatever financial institutions at my end. Imagine the time and effort wasted for the wild goose chase.

You're very welcome! It's easy to forget, since we'll naturally trust a 'good' retailer do what they are supposed to.

In my case the refund wasn't even for a return - it was for goods that weren't even shipped. LB insisted they had been, when clearly they had not (no pickup entry on the DHL tracking and no other tracking info, as confirmed by DHL). When I eventually got my refund (after waiting as they insisted I do) within moments the missing earrings appeared back in stock (I had ordered the last pair). As I mentioned, the refund was prompted by telling them about my conversation with paypal (which I did online so I could keep a transcript of it).

This is a low volume luxury goods business, it's not like they're overwhelmed with orders and some things are getting lost in the rush. There are no excuses for this, they are giving customers the impression that they are dishonest. At best, they are chaotic and disinclined to follow up enquires until they are pushed.

banjodeb

Rough_Rock
Had my Lightbox 1 carat 10k gold necklace (bought on sale at Bloomingdales during their Christmas sale) set in a three stone ring.

25BF6897-894A-498F-90C5-0D665224850A.jpeg

This stone is a little warmer than my other one, but it is larger. I really like it.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
It looks stunning - the smaller stones next to it are very elegant.

banjodeb

Rough_Rock
It looks stunning - the smaller stones next to it are very elegant.

I bought the setting from Goldengoose jewelers on EBay for $399. I went with 10k yellow gold so my yellow gold prongs are stronger. I had the Lightbox necklace mounting set with a medium purple amethyst ($40) for a gift for one of my daughter’s. My local jeweler set my stones and sized my ring down and sourced the amethyst for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results