shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of Lightbox Jewelry

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you planning to re-set your blue and pink Lightbox diamonds, do you know how to mitigate any concerns about heating them up because of the post-growth treatment? If the blue 1ct each earrings ever come up in stock again and on sale, I’m afraid the settings may be too flimsy for my liking but I’d also be afraid to have them re-set because they aren’t as grown.

i can't think of any setting in which they'll need to use heat to reset the stones, def not if it's a prong or bezel setting. i don't think you have to worry about that!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I was trying to use multi quote but completely messed up.

@bludiva I have a similar necklace to the lightbox one but it's round. It's doable, but I don't really care for the drop, I think it would look better stacked with a solitaire. I wanted to reset mine to a bezel solitaire but it seems like too much work. Maybe it would work if the chain is longer?

@YadaYadaYada @MelloYello8 I went with pink studs. I wanted to see what they look like. I already know what colorless looks like and am also hoping to get 2 ct studs in white, so waiting for bigger diamonds. It was hard to choose! I wear everything! Yesterday I went out with 3 necklaces, 3 sets of earrings and 3 bracelets and a watch. If I could find my ankle bracelet I would wear that too.

I don't know about resetting. Maybe others would chime in. Is heat used to bend metal to remove the stone? I was watching my jeweler fix my chain once and he didn't need gloves, so maybe the heat isn't too high?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no expert so I just watched a video on YouTube of a diamond being set and no heat was used. I don't believe they need to use heat to remove the diamond either, they just pry the prongs back to let the diamond loose @MelloYello8

I would maybe just verify that no heat will be used with the jeweler.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a similar necklace to the lightbox one but it's round. It's doable, but I don't really care for the drop, I think it would look better stacked with a solitaire. I wanted to reset mine to a bezel solitaire but it seems like too much work. Maybe it would work if the chain is longer?

Hi Dizzy can you tell me more what you mean by it would look better stacked w a solitaire? do you mean the bail would make it look weird stacked with the other necklace? the chain on my existing one is really short 15" so either of the two above would sit below. i think the lightbox one may look smaller than my existing necklace though which would probably be weird

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
I usually stalk here but I had to join today to tell you all that you're killing me with this sale! Just got my mom a blue halo necklace for mother's day and myself the drop diamond earrings. Someone beat me to the pink halo studs.

I bought the one carat white diamond necklace from LB a week ago and have been meaning to post a comparison with my 1 carat engagement excellent cut e-ring... maybe later today.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
@bludiva yes I mean my stack with the bail looked awkward. I have a .2 ct bezel stacked with that necklace (it hasn't stopped me from wearing them like that, but I think it would look better if it didn't have a bail). Especially since I want to wear a 3rd necklace.

Here's roughly what i meant, sorry, not a great picture.
20200505_141906.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks lovely! Does it have any green tint in person? What are you going to do with it?

No green tint, absolutely clear blue like water. Today I picked up the 1 catwalk blue earrings. I need to reset them all eventually in 14 kt gold.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ugh i waited too long and now it's sold out. not meant to be i guess. not surprising they would go fast at ~1/2 off....

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
I pulled the trigger after reviewing the return policy. I couldn't resist the idea of pink diamond studs. I love halos with colored gem stones (don't like the look of white on white personally, but love the white on pink). I don't like the rose gold + pink look that LB does for a lot of their pink diamonds, too warm-toned for me.

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
I just ordered the .5ct white in yellow and .5ct pink in rose gold necklaces. One for me, one for my mom for mother's day.

I had quite a few bumps in the ordering process with Bloomingdales which was irritating.

But at the end of it they gave me the .5cts for the discounted price I was going to pay for the .25cts, so I got them for $143/each.

They should be here on the 7th!

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I just ordered the .5ct white in yellow and .5ct pink in rose gold necklaces. One for me, one for my mom for mother's day.

I had quite a few bumps in the ordering process with Bloomingdales which was irritating.

But at the end of it they gave me the .5cts for the discounted price I was going to pay for the .25cts, so I got them for $143/each.

That’s such a steal!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

awesome!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
My 0.5c blue pendant arrived. It came in a Bloomingdales box. It is a very pale blue, not bad but I would've liked it to look more blue. I tried capture it when it looks the "most blue." In most instances, it almost looks white with a blue tint.

Here it is next to my 1.3c ACA (she's overdue for a cleaning, I know!)

20200505_192903.jpg

20200505_193109.jpg

20200505_193311.jpg
Oh, and very, very sparkly on the neck!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I read in this thread earlier something about the pink diamonds and heat-- is there a coating on the stones? I was hunting around the website trying to find out more info but couldn't seem to find it on the lightbox site.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I read in this thread earlier something about the pink diamonds and heat-- is there a coating on the stones? I was hunting around the website trying to find out more info but couldn't seem to find it on the lightbox site.

They claim they don’t use HTHP on their website so I can only guess their pinks and blues are irradiated. They’re pretty vague on what process they use to get the colors but they are clear that there is post-growth treatment.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
May I ask what the ring size is for the blue round? Thanks!

Sure, it’s 4.5 (though it’s gotten a bit out of round over time so up to 4.75 on my mandrel depending on how I turn it.)

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock

I don’t know if either of these are what they use but element six has patents on creating pink diamonds.

I didn’t read it super carefully but from what I can tell it involves making brown diamonds with controlled introduction of nitrogen during growth, then heating after growth.

Again I didn’t really read much of this but it talks about taking the brown diamonds and treating by first irradiating then annealing at 700-900 degrees Celsius.

whatever the case, I don’t think there’s any coating on the stones. The colors are made by manipulating color centers intrinsic to the brown gems.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are pictures of the 1/2 carat pink from the Bloomingdales sale. Not super sure about this because I feel like it blends into my skin a bit. To my eyes it has a very peach tone to it, sparkly and pretty though. Please excuse the mosquito bit in the neck shot!

IMG_8347.JPG IMG_8354.JPG IMG_8360.JPG IMG_8361.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8347.JPG
    IMG_8347.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8354.JPG
    IMG_8354.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8360.JPG
    IMG_8360.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 31

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are pictures of the 1/2 carat pink from the Bloomingdales sale. Not super sure about this because I feel like it blends into my skin a bit. To my eyes it has a very peach tone to it, sparkly and pretty though. Please excuse the mosquito bit in the neck shot!

IMG_8347.JPG IMG_8354.JPG IMG_8360.JPG IMG_8361.JPG

I love this! This is the color I would want rather than the lighter pure pink. That's one of the reasons I haven't ordered is bc I feel like it's a dice roll in terms of what 'shade' of pink you get

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, One of the reviews I read about the pink diamonds said the earrings she bought were the "pale ballet pink" and the necklace was the more peach toned pink. Obviously I can't speak to that since I didn't order earrings.

Another review said they thought the rose gold setting was making the pink look more peach....I don't think that the setting would make an otherwise pale pink into a peach pink. Either way they are very nice diamonds with lots of sparkle,

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, One of the reviews I read about the pink diamonds said the earrings she bought were the "pale ballet pink" and the necklace was the more peach toned pink. Obviously I can't speak to that since I didn't order earrings.

Another review said they thought the rose gold setting was making the pink look more peach....I don't think that the setting would make an otherwise pale pink into a peach pink. Either way they are very nice diamonds with lots of sparkle,

Very interesting! I would be really dissapointed with a pale ballet slipper pink, but thrilled with a more peachy pink like your pics. grrrr I wish they had pics of the actual piece you were ordering!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So funny thing, I just showed this to DH and his exact words "how much did you pay for this chain?" "this diamond needs to be in a different setting like platinum"

In his words the diamond just disappears into the setting.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs and I would prefer the ballet slipper lol! Maybe try ordering one of the pink necklaces and see if it is the color you want.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs and I would prefer the ballet slipper lol! Maybe try ordering one of the pink necklaces and see if it is the color you want.

I want ballet slipper pink too! Maybe Bloomingdales will stock these in their brick and mortar stores and continue to have great sales when department stores start reopening.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Few more photos of the blue. Neck shot and also in the shade on a sunny day.

20200507_144031.jpg 20200507_144206.jpg

In the car daytime lighting is where it looked fantastic!
20200507_144400.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada sorry yours was a peachy tone. It does look darker than mine.

I was contemplating the blue moon studs, but wonder if they are not too expensive still. I have a $175 credit as well, but they seem like they will be small.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ugh I can't decide if I should get smaller pieces from Bloomingdales bc they are SO CHEAP right now, or get the sizes I actually would want from lightbox.

1/2ct necklace + 1ct earrings for less than $900 at bloomgingdales? Or 1.5ct earrings + 1ct necklace for $2300????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results