shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos From The Lancaster GTG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Well, I had the VERY big honor of hanging out with Chrono today. It is my hope that she enjoyed herself as much as I did. It was a really great experience to have Pricescope discussions in real life. LOL!

ANYWAY... I took a few photos. Would you all like the see them?!?!?

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is Chrono''s bling on my hand...

DSCF0255.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
And my bling on Chrono''s hand...

DSCF0257.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
More Chrono bling on Joolskie''s hand...

chronobling.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Joolskie''s granmother''s stud in Chrono''s ear...

DSCF0268.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Very nice...more photos please!

Are you talking about Lancaster, Pennsylvania or another Lancaster? I live in the PA one when I''m not at school.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Chrono''s GORGEOUS paraiba. This thing GLOWS. So amazing...

DSCF0265.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Chrono's stunning concave faceted blue zircon cut by Richard Homer. This is the fist concave faceted stone I have seen and WOW!

DSCF0263.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Alas, my camera did its best in the mall lighting. And yes Jstar, we were in Lancaster, PA!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono and Joolskie awesome bling!!!! You all looked like you had a blast!!!! Whoooo hooo!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love all the bling! I bet that was fun! I want to go to a PS GTG!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what fun for you guys to get together and try on each other''s bling. Thanks for the photos.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 6:19:26 PM
Author: Joolskie
Alas, my camera did its best in the mall lighting. And yes Jstar, we were in Lancaster, PA!

Wow, small world! Are you and Chrono from around there? Were you at the Park City mall (pretty much the only "real" mall in town, not counting the outlets)?

BTW, I can recommend a couple of local jewelers if you''re a Lancastrian, or if you''re ever back in town...just let me know.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all that bling!

In the rough

Shiny_Rock
Yeah...that is some pretty awesome bling! Looks like you had a blast!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a GREAT time with Joolskie. We both plan to have another one (perhaps later in the year) where we will hit the jewellery stores to check out some bling and settings. I know where to show her a real asscher.
27.gif

Here''s a description of the rings:
DSCF0255.JPG

On the pinkie from the top down:
1. Jubilee with 2 side sapphires (to represent the my 2 boys)
2. Signed pieces shared prong 7 stone
3. OEC in Quest''s Tiffany replica
4. EC in Mark Morell replica

On the ring finger from the top down:
1. Teal tourmaline in antique setting
2. Blue spinel in antique setting
3. Asscher cut Pink spinel in temp setting
4. Joolskie''s Knox e-ring
5. Joolskie''s palladium w-band

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSCF0257.JPG

2nd finger: Joolskie''s blue Montana sapphire reset into her original e-ring setting
3rd finger: Joolskie''s Knox Knox e-ring
4th finger: Joolskie''s new channel set anniversary band
On my wrist is her heirloom diamond bracelet. The detail on it is amazing!
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chronobling.jpg

On the pinkie from the top down:
1. Jubilee with 2 side sapphires (to represent the my 2 boys)
2. Signed pieces shared prong 7 stone
3. OEC in Quest''s Tiffany replica
4. EC in Mark Morell replica

On the ring finger from the top down:
1. Teal tourmaline in antique setting
2. Blue spinel in antique setting
3. Asscher cut Pink spinel in temp setting
4. Joolskie''s Knox e-ring
5. Joolskie''s palladium w-band

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2007 6:14:21 PM
Chrono's GORGEOUS paraiba. This thing GLOWS. So amazing...
Oh well, the pic didn't quite turn out well - it looks green here but it's actually turquoise in colour.

Joolskie took a ton of pics:
Mine: 5 red spinels
Hers: purple spinel and a few white sapphires & blue topaz

Joolskie, did those turn out okay? I guess not.
7.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2007 11:09:48 PM
Author: jstarfireb

Date: 7/20/2007 6:19:26 PM

Wow, small world! Are you and Chrono from around there? Were you at the Park City mall (pretty much the only ''real'' mall in town, not counting the outlets)?

BTW, I can recommend a couple of local jewelers if you''re a Lancastrian, or if you''re ever back in town...just let me know.
Jstar,
Yes, we were at the Park City Mall. Please do recommend a few local jewellers! I''m know a great jeweller in Hershey but am looking for good ones in Lancaster. Let us know when you are in town and we can plan another PS G2G!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 8:42:55 AM
Author: Chrono
Jstar,

Yes, we were at the Park City Mall. Please do recommend a few local jewelers! I''m know a great jeweler in Hershey but am looking for good ones in Lancaster. Let us know when you are in town and we can plan another PS G2G!

Sounds fun! The 2 jewelers I know a bit about are both located off of Manheim Pike (Rte. 72), just about a mile away from each other.

The first is a jeweler that my family has been going to for almost as long as we''ve been in town. It''s Brent L. Miller Jewelers and Goldsmiths in the Chelsea Square plaza on Manheim Pike. They do very nice custom work (their goldsmith, George, made me a gorgeous solid gold dolphin ring when I was a teenager, although I''m not sure if he still works there). And they have a great selection of stones, including rare ones. I''ve had my eye on a really nice alexandrite ring they have right now.

The other one we go to often is Mark Sheely, who''s located just off Manheim Pike in the cute little plaza on Miller Road in East Petersburg (by the indoor sports arena, Wawa, and Bruster''s Ice Cream). It''s a bit smaller than the first place I mentioned, but he has a great collection of estate pieces, among other things. He''s somewhat of a family friend (I went to high school with his son).

Both are really nice little shops. Brent Miller is more of a typical B&M (non-mall) type of place, whereas Mark Sheely is more of a cozy family business place.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been to Brent Miller and Stephanie is the new goldsmith now. She''s really good and as a "trial" of their work, bezel set my pendant. Their work costs a bit more, but the workmanship is great. I plan on using them to set my spinels once I''ve decided on a design. They carry nice looking diamonds too. I spotted a gorgeous 0.4ct asscher - it was TDF. It''s also great that they don''t have any hangups about setting stones that their clients procured elsewhere.

I''ll have to check out Mark Sheely. Sounds like another option. Thanks.
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What beautiful bling you two have!!! Thanks for sharing, it sounds like you two had a blast getting together.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Okay guys, I frantically tried to get these photos posted before I went away on vacation. Alas, I escaped to the beach for a week with no internet access. I am now back at home and back to reality.

Chrono, I am really sorry that the photos did not come out better. They looked okay on the LED at the time. But when I came home, the stones were blurred a bit. So, I tried to fix them. Evidently, doctoring photos is not my strong point. LOL!!!

I looked at some of the photos again and while they are blurred, the color of the stones is pretty good. So, I am going to post your gorgeous suite of spinels and your paraiba.

Jstar... thanks for the recommendations. While I have visited some jewelers here in York and made purchases, I have yet to have any custom work completed. I am definitely going to visit Brent Miller to inquire about a few projects I would like to have completed.

Chrono... next time we have a GTG, I would like to try and get some new photos that are better quality. My wedding anniversary is in October. So, I may need to head out before then to try on some pave bands to see what they look like with my e-ring. Jstar, it would be great if you could join us!

2.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is the paraiba... the photo is blurry but it shows the color...

chronoparaibainbox.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is another of the paraiba... I wanted to dive into this stone...

chronoparaibainbox2.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is Chrono''s concave cut zircon...

joolskiechrono28h848y4674t.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
And now for the spinels... :)

crsphoto1464g464h4646.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
More spinels...

crsphoto34545g464f46.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Another spinel...

crsphoto246747h4774t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results