shape
carat
color
clarity

photographers...show your photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how big these will turn out. Hope you can see them
33.gif

Aw, I knew they'd be small but not that small. Sorry. If I try to resize them they'll end up distorted.

Hydrangiasslideshow.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
belle, the teeny tiny picture, are they daylilies?

fyi, name of the old iris is '' Florentina'' and was first collected in Italy around 1500.....aka ORRIS root and used medicinally.

peace, movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree re the tree photo by lostdog. they''re all good but my preference for black and white just can''t seem to be overridden!

peace, movie zombie

Van Graff

Rough_Rock
The Bugambilia is the most typical flower in Cuernavaca, Mexico.

DSCN6569a.JPG

Van Graff

Rough_Rock
The next pictures are beautiful sunsets I had from my office

DSCN6673.JPG

lostdog

Shiny_Rock
Leonid, Belle, mz: aw, shucks, you bring a smile to my face. Keep it up.

The large number of knockout images you guys put up inspired me to share. I'll have to look for more, if I can figure where I backed them up to.

I don't really take a ton of nature shots, but trees sometimes are hard to resist. I had one or two seascape sorts of things, but I can't find them right now. Here's a non-nature standard sort of postcard shot in the meantime, eye-candy from playing around during vacation, but not my fave:

mavnigh2.jpg

lostdog

Shiny_Rock
I might more often go in this direction for whatever reason:

arti1.jpg

lostdog

Shiny_Rock
And even this, too :

3b000.jpg

lostdog

Shiny_Rock
Belle, you have some collection of flowers there! Where did you take the bridge/waterfall picture?

lostdog

Shiny_Rock
Not as colorful as Juan Manuel's brilliant sunsets (I don't know how you get those deep blues and oranges, we usually just get pinks and light blues it seems like), but here's a nature shot (on the Cote d'Azur....) :

File0001.jpg

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Lostdog, what great pictures! I wish I could find all of mine. I have some pretty off the wall stuff if I can ever find them.

I really like the the city at night picture with the blurred lights.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

belle, how many irises do you have? i'm pushing 140 and growing. off tomorrow to cathey's valley, california to visit supersitition iris gardens....and then to clovis to visit a gem cutter. long drive but worth it. now if i only had that camera.......
mz...wow, 140! that's a good number of irises!! i have approx. 100 less than you! i've purchsed most all of mine from cooley's in oregon. there are a few suppliers in the area, but they are my favorite.

you need a camera, girl!! i would love to see pictures of your irises and that spess!!! i think you better stop and pick one up before this photo opp. trip of yours!!

Belle, you have some collection of flowers there! Where did you take the bridge/waterfall picture?
thanks lostdog! those are just a portion of what's blooming now, i'll torture everyone with more later!
2.gif

the bridge picture is of multnomah falls in oregon. with a 620ft drop, it's the second largest waterfall in the u.s.
native american legend says that long ago a chief's daughter plunged over the cliff above the fall as a human sacrafice to save her tribe from a devastating plague. it is said that when the wind blows through the waterfall, you can see the shape of a maiden in the mist. it wasn't windy when i was there, but the experience was breathtaking none the less. i have picture of the entire waterfall that i took using the panoramic view of my advantix camera. it *almost* captures the magnificence of the falls.
2.gif

thanks for posting more pics lostdog, i am enjoying seeing all of these photos!!
36.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2005 12:46
6.gif
0 AM
Author: Van Graff
The Bugambilia is the most typical flower in Cuernavaca, Mexico.
Juan- what a beautiful color. I wish I could find one around here but it probably wouldn''t thrive in our zone. Very pretty!
1.gif

Van Graff

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/29/2005 3
6.gif
8:10 AM
Author: lostdog
Not as colorful as Juan Manuel''s brilliant sunsets (I don''t know how you get those deep blues and oranges, we usually just get pinks and light blues it seems like), but here''s a nature shot (on the Cote d''Azur....) :
Hi Lostdog,
In October and November this are the typical sunsets here and some are spectacular to the sight that the camera don''t capt like rays in a fan pattern, in some picture you can barely see this but when you see it is incredible beautiful but this don''t last more than 3 or 4 minutes.
This is another sunset, all are in the same zone, to the right is a big vocano and to the left is a valley that ends in a lake.

Hi Diamonds4me,
I will try to find a picture of the Noche Buena flower ( Christmas flower ) that is native of Cuernavaca.
Here we have so many flowers that in the Spring many people is allergic to the pollen of the flowers but is a beautiful multicolor sight everywhere.
Cuernavaca is known as the "Ethernal Spring City" because we have an average temperature of 27ºC (80ºF) with a variation between Summer and Winter of only five degrees up and down.

cielo2.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful photos juan manuel. thanks for sharing them!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2005 2:42:25 PM
Author: Van Graff

Date: 4/29/2005 3
6.gif
8:10 AM
Author: lostdog
Not as colorful as Juan Manuel''s brilliant sunsets (I don''t know how you get those deep blues and oranges, we usually just get pinks and light blues it seems like), but here''s a nature shot (on the Cote d''Azur....) :
Hi Lostdog,
In October and November this are the typical sunsets here and some are spectacular to the sight that the camera don''t capt like rays in a fan pattern, in some picture you can barely see this but when you see it is incredible beautiful but this don''t last more than 3 or 4 minutes.
This is another sunset, all are in the same zone, to the right is a big vocano and to the left is a valley that ends in a lake.

Hi Diamonds4me,
I will try to find a picture of the Noche Buena flower ( Christmas flower ) that is native of Cuernavaca.
Here we have so many flowers that in the Spring many people is allergic to the pollen of the flowers but is a beautiful multicolor sight everywhere.
Cuernavaca is known as the ''Ethernal Spring City'' because we have an average temperature of 27ºC (80ºF) with a variation between Summer and Winter of only five degrees up and down.
I''m moving!
9.gif
Beautiful tropical flowers, sunsets and weather! I''m there!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s Snoquamie Falls, Washington
1.gif

snoqua.jpg

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
One photo is a practice shot and the other has who I went to the park with. I think it is cool that I was able to get a picture of them right before they flew by under me!
10.gif

coasters.jpg

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
You all have some major camera skills!!!
36.gif
I love the pictures that all of you have posted!
30.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The Strip in Las Vegas at night. Pictures taken while I was up in their little Eiffel Tower.

BGvgsstrp.jpg

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
haha...Whoops
20.gif
I just realized this was more of a nature photos topic (not a fav photo topic)
Here''s one of a pond in Tokyo, Japan. If I remember correctly it was drizzling rain when I took this photo.

01175.JPG

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a different pond in Tokyo (and it was not raining at that moment
1.gif
)

01069.JPG

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
USA -> East coast beach sunrise:

01300.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
juan manuel, i want a gem to match each and every color in your last sunset photo!!!!!

ok, people, i''m really envious of your cameras and your expertise. i spent the day with beautiful irises surrounded by soft rolling green hills with oak trees and all had was a disposable camera....
7.gif
and i ordered another 22 irises!

have informed hubby that i now need a digital camera that will allow me to photograph the spess, my individual irises, and do scenic shots as well. can i get something good for +/- $500?

all the shots posted here are just gorgeous! i can only hope that once i get a digital camera that i''ll be able to get one or two good shots to post here...you''ve all set a very high bar!

btw, the trip to clovis was good but i didn''t see anything that made me whip out the credit card.

peace, movie zombie

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Movie Zombie..don''t dispair! My first cameras were disposable
9.gif
I still took some pretty awesome photos with them. That''s what triggered my love of photography. I''m spoiled to the display window and the option to delete the photo...but before when that''s all I had I had a blast with them.
9.gif
1.gif

Oh, and I agree. I also want a gem to match every single color in those sunsets of Juan''s! Also a pink to match those beautiful flowers
30.gif
30.gif

Oh, and one to match Belle''s Irises. I really don''t think that''s asking TOO much
31.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Buena Girl...Its absolutely any photo at all
1.gif
Post all of them!! What beach is that on the East Coast Sunrise?

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Another Myrtle Beach photo.

MyrtleBeachView3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results