shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Petite Van Craeynest 484

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My newest ebay find came quite unexpectedly. I have notifications set up to notify me any time someone lists a Van Craeynest. This one, however, was not listed as a Van Craeynest and thus I was never notified. I was pursuing ebay one day and came across this ring listed, I believe, as "diamond engagement ring", but I recognized the setting right away. After getting it home I noticed the hallmark, though a VC , was very faded. Had you not already known to compare it to a VC, you would have thought it indistinguishable. As he did not know what he had, I was able to get it for a very nice price. As you know me, im a cheap SOB

So she's here and I love her. I haven't had her sized yet, but as it's chilly here sometimes I cans till wear it. The diamond is white and bright, though not an ideal cut diamond. The petite nature of the ring lends to its beauty, I think. It reminds me of vintage rings that have half cts diamonda in them, but still seem to look perfect. This diamond is 5.3mm.

As I can't fit it on my finger, you'll notice I found a suitable alternative for these photos

picsart_12-10-10.jpg

picsart_44.jpg

picsart_46.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more photos. I ask a dear friend of mine to model this ring, as it was her size and she has lovely hands. I also told her id be willing to part with it if she ever needed it, as it looked like perfection on her hand lol

Sadly the lighting in this set photos are not so great. We havent had a sunny day since I bought it!

picsart_12-03-02.jpg

img_20161204_000419.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great find Niel. As you know I love your newest addition. It's great that you can soon wear a true Van Craeynest.
Enjoy your beautiful ring and please post more of those amazing rings.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A family photo

picsart_12-04-01.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure you know how much I love that ring, and I couldn't be happier for you to have found this little treasure! :love: :appl:

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Delightful ring and as usual, what a find! Can you please write a tutorial at some point for how you are able to locate all these "gems"! I can't even find items in the Stuller catalog!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ONG. So pretty. What a find. It looks so lovely on your friend's hand!! I love love love the picture of all your goodies!!! I thought you sold your lovely 5-stone though - no? Not sure what I'm thinking of there.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilysweet|1481390736|4106127 said:
Delightful ring and as usual, what a find! Can you please write a tutorial at some point for how you are able to locate all these "gems"! I can't even find items in the Stuller catalog!

Well thank you! The reason I dont write something is i am. I expert and I don't feel like I would have hints that would definitely be helpful. And I'd hate to be the reason someone wasted money. I can take that chance myself, but I would feel bad if it were someone else!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
motownmama|1481392983|4106132 said:
ONG. So pretty. What a find. It looks so lovely on your friend's hand!! I love love love the picture of all your goodies!!! I thought you sold your lovely 5-stone though - no? Not sure what I'm thinking of there.
It's for sale, but no it is not sold.

And thank you.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I love your journey :love:

I joined PS around the same time as you, and I have loved watching you go from not quite happy with your pear cut, to the Ritani halo, to the solitaire, to the 5 stone and now, to today. You are amazing!! Xx

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1481407197|4106180 said:
Niel, I love your journey :love:

I joined PS around the same time as you, and I have loved watching you go from not quite happy with your pear cut, to the Ritani halo, to the solitaire, to the 5 stone and now, to today. You are amazing!! Xx

XX, Alex yes it's been quite an interesting shift in my interests/hobbies. I always love when you come around (hugs!)

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Niel, it's beautiful! What a find! That has to be so satisfying!
Is this the ring that made you put the 5 stone up for sale?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
daintyG|1481412410|4106192 said:
Niel, it's beautiful! What a find! That has to be so satisfying!
Is this the ring that made you put the 5 stone up for sale?

No, though it's amazing how much I love to sport it. It's smaller than I'd like, and it's not ideally cut, but I love wearing it. I decided to put my 5 stone up for sale because, though I love if, I'm not in love with it. And with how much it costs I'd like to be in love with it, like my other items.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! What an amazing find! I think it looks great as a pinky ring - no need to have it resized if it fits that finger :D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find, and it is lovely, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! The proportions are absolutely perfect!

Love the family shot! :love:

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Petite little lovely ring! Good find!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EXCELLENT find; congrats! It's beautiful! :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1481417908|4106215 said:
Stunning! What an amazing find! I think it looks great as a pinky ring - no need to have it resized if it fits that finger :D
Do I need to size it? yes. Did I wear it to work on my pinky last week? Oh yes. :lol:

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
I see. I thought you had a new ring picked out already to replace the 5 stone. I don't blame you for selling it if you can put that money toward something you absolutely love.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing find!!! :appl: the details are so pretty, very balanced and a great addition to your other pieces! ::)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great find! Cheers to being a cheap SOB and a smart cookie in one! Its really beautiful and quite dreamy...

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Amazing find!

luxroman

Rough_Rock
What a stunning ring, congrats! Lovely collection too! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on Jewel of the Week!!! Very well dezerved as it is a great find. What a beauty

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, that is a stunning ring. Stunning. It looks so good on you. But your hands are gorgeous so that helps. ;-)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You always find the BEST treasures!!!! Great hand pics too!!!!

Blingloverbyday

Shiny_Rock
What an amazing find!! It looks perfect on your friend! :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Love your family shot!!!

Fantastic score! You are the best shopper and you have such an eye!

I love your creations, too. Anyways I am glad you are enjoying this little treasure.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find! Congrats.

Fantastic family shot. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results