shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Petite french cut ring from 1936

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Here are some more pictures of the band and solitaire together :)

20141130_0.jpg

20141130_101054-1.jpg

umbrella

Rough_Rock
What a dreamy ring! :angel: I love true vintage jewellery. Thank you so much for sharing, it's divine.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
These are my favorite kind of threads! What an amazing and inspirational find. I love that you bought at auction, and took advantage of an opportunity. I'm just drooling over how dainty it is too. Fingers crossed you can make it fit!

Congrats and enjoy!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous :love:

Delicate, dainty, and the perfect complement to your Ering. And definitely not rose cuts! :bigsmile:

Re. sizing - I actually think it looks lovely next to your Ering, slightly larger though it is :love: Just throwing out some alternatives - would sizing beads/a horseshoe downsize the fit sufficiently? Or perhaps your jeweller could add a thin "lining" to the interior of the shank, instead of cutting it and removing one of the stones (which would mean re-shaping the curvature, which seems more risky)?

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Umbrella, RandG and Yssie, thanks for your lovely comments about my ring!! I feel so lucky, having found this band although it is a bit too big.

Yssie, great suggestions regarding resizing! :) I think they could work cause the ring doesn't look that large next to my ering (it doesn't bother me aesthetically). The biggest problem is that I can't wear it alone and that it is moving around a lot and hitting the prongs of my ering which I suspect might damage my solitaire. Especially since it is WG and the band is platinum. Sizing beads or something similar might be sufficient enough to keep it from moving around. It is currently size 6 and ideally it should be 4.5 or at least 4.75. So it would be quite a drastic resizing...

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love how delicate it is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results