shape
carat
color
clarity

Peridot, tourmaline, topaz, and diamonds, oh my!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
First up is a minty blue, green, silvery tourmaline from Dan. You may remember that it was originally set in my white gold LOGR on accident by the bench when it was supposed to be set in rose gold.

Original thread in white gold setting here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-few-new-rings.148340/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-few-new-rings.148340/[/URL]

After wearing it for awhile I decided to reset it in its rose gold home and find something new for the white gold setting.

IMG_3536.JPG

IMG_3537.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
And the reset white gold setting. I really wanted a peridot because it's my birthstone. This was also cut by Dan.

IMG_3545.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted a set of topaz to represent my DS who was born in November. This one I got second hand and I believe it was cut by Gary, but I could be wrong. Set in a silver bridge ring by Daniel M.

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_3550.JPG

IMG_3551.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
A slightly pinkish topaz cut by Dan and set in a silver bezel necklace also by Daniel M. My apologies this one is so filthy! I wear it every day and thought I'd cleaned it... whoops!

IMG_3553.JPG

IMG_3555.JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
All of the pretties hanging out :cheeky:

IMG_3560.JPG

IMG_3564.JPG

IMG_3571.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
And last, but not least, my new (to me) diamond studs. These were originally Uppy's and DH got them for me as my push present. .34 and .36 transitional cut diamonds in white gold three prongs.

:wavey:

IMG_3528.JPG

IMG_3529.JPG

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love the family shot, and esp. the EC/rectangular halos.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones and jewellery. I don't think I've seen much of your collection before (not all together anyway) but you have good taste! I like that you have a varity of cuts too, I think sometimes a person cam get carried away with one or two that they love but it's nice to have some variety. :appl:

...Just going to sit and drool for a while now. :cheeky:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All beautiful! What is the stone third from the left in the family shot?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a gorgeous collection! I too, love the rectangular halo's, especially with those stunning stones set in them! Would you mind taking a handshot of the tourmaline and peridot? Thanks!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful collection :love:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty display of bright lovely color !!!!
I love the tourmaline in its new home, rose gold is just what it needed !!!
Beautiful collection ~ how do you ever decide which to wear ? :sun:

I loved this picture from last year !!!
You should make up another one of the tourmaline in its new beautiful setting ~ just gorgeous !!!

bbdslogrnew 045.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! All of them are gorgeous but that peridot :love: :love: :love: I never would have thought of the tourmaline with the rose gold but they work so well together, you have a great eye for color, Well done!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Whats the story with the pinkish topaz? Is it a treated pink as 99% are or is it from one of the 2 places on earth where natural pinks of any quantity are found?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I think the rose gold really enhances the color of the tourmaline.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Indy, Deathspi, bright ice, artdecogirl, and jstar!

NKOTB - That is a pink tourmaline. Here is the thread with more pictures:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-few-new-things.141640/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-few-new-things.141640/[/URL]

yenny - Below is a hand shot of the peridot. I don't have any of the tourmaline.

shiny - I love that picture too! I tried to recreate it, but we don't have any sun today (oh, elusive sun!). So here's an attempt, not nearly as good as the original!

amguy - According to Dan it doesn't have any treatment. When the stone was loose you could see the hint of pink pretty well, but in the bezel it's mostly gone, which is sad. I thought for sure a bezel would make the color more noticable, but it seems to have done the opposite.

IMG_3576.JPG

IMG_3579.JPG

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Well just the fact it is a natural pink makes it the best stone of the bunch and one of the rarest in your collection if not the rarest. That light pink is condusive to a non-treated one. I love topaz in the red, purple, and pink colors and it fascinates me how rare they are compared to almost all other stones and the prices they fetch when they are natural in those colors

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
amethystguy|1309722677|2961213 said:
Well just the fact it is a natural pink makes it the best stone of the bunch and one of the rarest in your collection if not the rarest. That light pink is condusive to a non-treated one. I love topaz in the red, purple, and pink colors and it fascinates me how rare they are compared to almost all other stones and the prices they fetch when they are natural in those colors

I totally agree! To begin with my dream was to get a set of imperial topaz, but that dream faded with a lack of time to find the perfect stone and a lack of budget! Maybe one day.

This stone was originally set in a three prong pendant, but it flipped all over the place due to the size of the stone. In the three prong setting it showed its color much better. Here are Caren's pictures as well as Dan's photo.

452stats.jpg

il_570xN_216995589.jpg

il_570xN_216995661.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
And I couldn't resist one more group shot... :cheeky:

IMG_3573.JPG

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what is that stone at the end of your finger?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results