shape
carat
color
clarity

A few new rings

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I finally had a few of my rings set under the cover of being a birthday present. Whatever it takes!

First up is a green tourmaline from Barry, 1.16ct 6.5mm. Both the gem and the ring were a steal. The tourmaline because it has an inclusion and the ring because I won it at auction.

Don't mind the fuzzy background, curious kitty!!

bbdslogrnew%20002.jpg

bbdslogrnew%20006.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
The second one is a purple spinel from Dan. 1.21ct, 4.9x6.8mm. This one has a curious color that goes from purple to a purple/pink.

bbdslogrnew%20007.jpg

bbdslogrnew%20008.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
The third one is a blue/green tourmaline, also from Dan. 1.86ct, 5.9x7.9mm. This one is very bright and will pick up colors around it. The white gold setting is growing on me. It was supposed to be set in rose gold but the bench messed up and set it in the white gold setting. I'm sure not many people bring in two of the same setting!! Oh well, I don't mind it enough to change.

bbdslogrnew%20011.jpg

bbdslogrnew%20012.jpg

bbdslogrnew%20013.jpg

And this is the rose gold setting that was supposed to be its home...

bbdslogrnew%20021.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
And a lame attempt at a family shot. I find that these turn out (for me) a lot like an actual family portrait... someone always has their eyes closed.

bbdslogrnew%20029.jpg

bbdslogrnew%20036.jpg

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I love seeing them all! I am craving a green stone and I think your bargain tourmaline ring looks great. I was excited to see that setting with the purple stone as I am eyeing that for something. I'd love to see a hand shot on that one.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
And lastly, a few different pictures. Thanks for looking :wavey:

bbdslogrnew%20041.jpg

bbdslogrnew%20045.jpg

bbdslogrnew%20046.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Kunzite said:
And a lame attempt at a family shot. I find that these turn out (for me) a lot like an actual family portrait... someone always has their eyes closed.

bbdslogrnew%20029.jpg

bbdslogrnew%20036.jpg

HI kunzite! I love your group shot and the quote on the family portrait :bigsmile:

It will be great to see some hand shots too!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
How pretty they all are! I love the settings you chose, and they suit the gemstone beautifully.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all very pretty.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely rings! I think it looks great in WG; I do like minty stones in RG, but I'm really loving that one in WG. Very elegant.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are very pretty and you have chosen nice settings for the stones, too. I think the photograph with colored staples as a background is very innovative!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love the group photos, all your rings are beautiful. I'd like to see your minty stone in rose gold, too bad they stuffed it up.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow I really like the stones. Lovely collection.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite, those are gorgeous! My faves are the purple spinel & the green tourmaline. Settings too. Where are the settings from?

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’ve picked lovely settings that compliment the stones very well; I’m impressed how you fit an oval into a distinctively sharp edged rectangular setting without it looking out of place at all.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite said:

bbdslogrnew%20029.jpg

bbdslogrnew%20036.jpg

That second picture is startling, you have some real eyecatchers!

purplemelody

Rough_Rock
What great eye candies first thing in the morning for me. They are all very beautiful!

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Do I spy a lotus setting in there? Those are my favorite.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice collection you have going there. :appl: What stone will you be setting in the rose gold?

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
They are all lovely! :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice collection, but I have to say, I would really have loved to see that minty tourmaline in rose gold.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
You’ve picked lovely settings that compliment the stones very well; I’m impressed how you fit an oval into a distinctively sharp edged rectangular setting without it looking out of place at all.
If I remember correctly, that's actually a brilliant emerald/elongated radiant. The double prongs make it look like an oval though, don't they?

Lovely rings Kunzite! I'm jealous! I think my rings want to have a playdate!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I start a thread and then disappear. Sorry!!

cemrn – Thank you for the kind words. I didn’t take any hand shots and the weather has turned south here lately. If we see the sun again before next summer I’ll try to remember to take some hand shots.

crasru – Aw thanks! Those were literally the only things I could find to use as props. I guess that’s what happens when you try to go “minimalist” in your house!!

Jewelfreak – The settings are all from Lord of Gem Rings. I was very pleased with them for the price I paid. The split shank has a few duds but overall I’m happy.

Indylady, lovinggems, TL - I know! I really would have liked it better in the rose gold as well. It’s a little political though because dh had these set for me as a present so he felt really AWFUL about the mix up. I felt pretty obligated to tell him that I loved it and move on otherwise he really would have felt like he ruined my birthday (so dramatic that man!!)

Chrono – Thanks! The minty tourmaline is actually a barion emerald. The prongs are pretty heavy on that one so I can see how it could look like an oval.

Nashville- Yes, that’s a lotus in silver. It has its own thread somewhere…

Brandy – With a LO on the way I don’t think I’ll find anything to set in the empty rose gold setting. It’s too bad to, because it’s a beautiful setting. Gem buying is on hold for a very long time. I’ll probably try to sell it and if it doesn’t sell then keep it for a project in the VERY distant future!

Freke – I think my rings would die and go to heaven if they had a play date with all of your beauties. To this day I think about your Peridot necklace….. mmmmmmmmm :love:

chictomato, aoife, marcy, oddoneout, yssie, purplemelody, virgoruby – Thank you for the kind words!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how beautiful! Love the family shot. :cheeky:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great collection and gorgeous new additions!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely new additions to a gorgeous growing collection!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great family shot with gorgeous new additions. I like the tourmaline in the WG setting!!! Are those all settings from LOGR or the like?? They look great!!!

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Green Tourm is gorgeous. Is that the Chrome Tourm from ACSTONES?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely! :love:

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results