shape
carat
color
clarity

Peridot ring - stone by Peter Toracca, setting by JKT

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Peter custom cut this stone for me and I've finally had it set for my daughter's 13th birthday. Julia did an amazing job, my daughter was so happy it brought tears to her eyes.....a difficult thing to do with a teenager!

Here is her original drawing along with the pictures she took....

The original peridot thread, I wasn't a big fan of the stone until I saw it in person, it's tough to photograph:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ut-two-cushions-for-me-to-choose-from.114097/

il_fullxfull.165716508.jpg

il_fullxfull.165708137.jpg

il_fullxfull.165707665.jpg

get_convo_image4.jpg

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Last picture.....

il_430xN_165707744.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DianaBanana, what a sweet gift for your daughter! The ring is GORGEOUS! The stone is a lovely color and such a beautiful cut! Julia's setting is amazing :love: It's so fluid and graceful. You must have been so touched by your daughter's reaction.

Forgot to ask what the metal is... I'm guessing yellow gold with white gold or argentium silver?

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Baby Nurse....I should have mentioned that the ring is argentium silver with green gold accents. :wavey:

I'll try to get a hand shot, as Julia mentioned, the pictures don't show how delicate the ring looks IRL.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, the green gold looks amazing with the stone!

Really looking forward to the hand shots!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
unique, classic, and lovely. your daughter is a lucky young woman.

MoZo

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely gift! The ring is beautiful, and I particularly like the symbolism: young-green-tender-girl=delicate-green-yet strong ring.

Very, very nice. :appl:

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DianaBanana: I saw this on Julia's Esty SOLD listings and really admired it. I was wondering if it belonged to a 'Scoper and if so, when we were going to see it. Love the cut of the peridot, so very pretty.

The green gold makes that peridot snap, its perfect. Doesn't Julia have good taste in metal? I showed this to my husband, because Julia has my peridot for setting now, and he thought the motif for the sides was just beautiful. So do I.

I'm glad your daughter loved the ring, makes you feel good about giving it, its going to an appreciative owner :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my! It's beautiful! What a great gift for your daughter!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love green, but I am generally not much of a peridot fan. However, that one is really neat. Great setting as well. I love a beautiful bezel, with a few tweeks for interest. Very nice piece. :appl:

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!! Nice color stone for bezeling. I'm glad you did a yellow bezel. I love yellow gold around green stones.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING work of art!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a lovely ring! :appl: :love:

-A

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous, love the side detail! Wonderfull gift.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love the setting and the stone! :appl:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
This is really pretty! I have a JKT ring in silver with green gold accents for a green stone, and it turned out beautifully. The peridot is a really nice "minty" green color too.

*runs off to hide so TL doesn't yell at her for calling a yellowish green stone minty!*

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Diana, I saw your daughters ring on JKT's Etsy and thought it was beautiful and wondered if it belonged to a PSer. Great stone and I love Julia's design. What an amazing birthday present too! Great job! :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s gorgeous! I love the yellow bezel around the peridot and the touch of the leaf against the bezel is reminiscent of James Meyer’s work.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! :appl: A nice peridot is still on my wish list; your daughter's is very nice! :love:

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
So gorgeous! This makes me even more excited that I'm getting to work with Julia on my ring project. Happy Birthday to your daughter! :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I really love how this ring turned out! Gorgeous!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous (stone, design, setting work)!!! It is a very special piece.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful piece for your daughter to cherish forever!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I remember that peridot, because I kept the other one! Hi Diana good to see you, it's been a while. :wavey:

Julia has made a beautiful ring for your daughter. I swear I could keep that lady gainfully employed for a very long time.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
LOVE THIS!!!!!

Lori

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, great gift!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow that setting is amazing. Very sweet gift.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results