shape
carat
color
clarity

Peridot earrings

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I received my peridot stones in the mail yesterday. I do not have photos for you yet because my husband is away for business and took my camera. I know, I know! :(( He will be back tomorrow so I promise that photos will be forthcoming. :appl:
However, I am super happy with them :love: and so pleased that I took the leap into coloured stones

I was planning to have the stones set by Daniel M in the rainbow bezel settings in yellow gold. However, I'm wondering (for the sake of time as I live in Canada and our postal workers are on a partial strike) if it would be that much more expensive to have a local benchperson set the stones in bezel earring settings. If anyone has an idea of a good place to go in Calgary, AB, let me know!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
PumpkinPie ~

Congrats on the arrival of some green goodness! :appl:

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pics. :cheeky:

~ faegrace

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Ah Calgary, sigh .... Home of thirteen and a half years until the begining of this year. Are you drying out yet?

Yes, I have had earring charms made by two local benches. The first were some inexpensive ebay topazes. Llyn Strelau of Jewels by Design did these. I have known Llyn for many years through our gardening connections (btw, Rundlewood Gardens is open to the public and an amazing place to visit at this time of year. Sorry, just thought I'd throw that into the mix!). Llyn is a AGTA Spectrum award winning jewellery designer, who most recently won in the Objects of Art section this year. He's a great guy. The job he did for me was really a simple setting job. The stones were calibrated, so I imagine part of the setting was stock. So he does do anything from very basic work to the most fabulous of designs. http://www.jewelsbydesign.com/

Most recently, I have had a pair of morganite pears custom set in 19k white gold. The job was done by Ron Hanania of Intergem Labs. Ron has an amazing bench who sublets part of his his building I believe (not quite sure what the set up is). Again, very impressive workmanship. Ron is just a super guy to work with. http://www.intergemlabs.com/

I have also seen impressive work done by The Goldsmiths, although haven't used them personally. http://www.thegoldsmiths.ca/

I also happen to know that the young lady who benched for Llyn has now set up on her own. She does very nice bezel work. http://heathersfinejewellery.ca/index.html

Hope that helps.

019 (2).JPG

morganite earring charms for Gailey.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Drying out? oh no, my dear Gailey it's pouring again :nono: oh well, at least it gets me out of lawn mowing duties this evening, though our lawn is going to attract the attention of bylaw pretty soon unless it's cut :cheeky:

Thanks for all the suggestions Gailey. I have contacted Llyn and Heather and am looking forward to hopefully having the work done locally - especially since the postal strike has escalated!

To where did you move Gailey?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Hey PP, I don't think you'll be disappointed. let us know how they turn out.

Sorry about all the rain. Calgary does get it's highest level of precipitation in June. Hopefully, it will be marvelous in July. It better be, I'm thinking of coming back to pay Baby Gailey a visit!

We moved to Ontario, so it's a bit of a hike. I miss Calgary terribly. I'm a bit happier now the weather has warmed up a bit and I can get out in the garden. Not fond of the humidity though.

Do me a favor, on your way out tomorrow just glance up at that big Alberta sky for me. it's what I miss the most.

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Llyn is making earrings for me as well with Afghani Tourmaline square studs and trillion Peridot dangles. I cannot wait to see them!

And Rundlewood Gardens is just amazing. Worth a visit regardless of how well you do with plants :)

Cheers,

Lisa
www.lisaelser.com
www.greengemfoundation.com

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
ok - I finally have pics of my stones!

IMG_1754.JPG

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
another

IMG_1763.JPG

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it is really hard to take accurate gemstone pics!
the stones are bright and sparkly though

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo I LOVE those cheerful little twinklies !!!!!!
How pretty !!!! :love:

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Ok - well I went with Daniel M gold settings for my peridot earrings. They just arrived today! :love:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great on you!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful stoned, very bright and sparkly. Earrings are very pretty.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful! :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them!! They look so elegant on you!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I adore peridot and the color of the pair is perfect imo :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results