shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfect Circle Jewelry Insurance Frustration

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
:angel: DiamondSeeker- It is so good to get caught up, even in bad circumstances; I am going to get into the other topics soon, and update everyone; when the change over came- I needed a new username. I feel like a "newbie"

As for Knoxville, it is pretty (apparently). Have NOT been, my husband is from NY and Louisville....I however have been born in SF, lived in the Bay Area/Atherton/Menlo Park- then Los Angeles/Orange County...NYC...Philly...Laguna Beach...London...Cambridge...LA...Seattle...Scottsdale...and now NYC. I am a city girl. THERE IS A J.CREW and Pottery Barn in Knoxville. And my husband is happy, so, I am. They also have a GREAT cancer center.

However, I already started here in NYC, with first treatment today. And then a big surgery on Tuesday...

I did ask Perfect Circle/JM for a miracle to see...if anything can be done...for at least my cross...and if even luckier...engagement ring/ring. *FINGERS CROSSED*

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you have moved a lot!!! Sounds like Knoxville will be a nice location! Definitely better weather, I would venture to guess!

I hope they will at least go ahead and allow you to replace your cross! Was it a Tiffany one? I have the one that is about a half carat. It is really sparkly to be so small!

Hope all goes well with your treatment and surgery! Goodness, I am not sure how you are doing all that and getting ready to move. :-o It is so great that your husband is a doctor and can help you navigate all the medical stuff.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Knoxville is a nice place - I'm originally from Kingsport which is about two hours north. Best wishes on your move and in setting up your treatment. You do have a lot on your plate right now - here's hoping the jewelry claim can be quickly and satisfactorily settled. When it rains it pours doesn't it? Wow!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Hi Miss Got Rocks!

It does, when it rains, it pours; sadly the ring the was matching mine- that the costumer service from Jeweler's Mutual said would work, had to be returned to China (I believe) because Graff cannot hold it forever and it will be at least a month or two to settle. I appealed to the Director of Claims, who said he understood, and cared; and my husband has a mutual friend with the CEO Scott Murphy, who set me up with the Director of Claims but evidently still more investigation is needed...

I had confirmation of severe cancer on Friday. Would have at least liked my cross on to sparkle through the rain. And my e-ring. (I had to replace other jewelry of lesser value not insured already). I honestly know they are trying to be "fair" but I have a feeling no good outcome is to come with regard to the claim. I pleaded to the emotional side, but it seems, I was shut down and told to there is nothing really they can do.

So off the identical ring went...shipped away...

I am glad you like Tennessee- we got a beautiful home courtesy of my Aunt...and our cars are being shipped. I will have my mom moving in to care for me; we leave NYC soon-----

Has anyone had a claim with Perfect CIrcle or Jewelers Mutual before? Ever? Its going on 2+ weeks and all I had was an interview. Then nothing. I keep asking because they said they would "personally" oversee---but they do not respond to my e-mails or calls....

I would just like to leave NYC with everything I came here with.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Dani, just wanted to say again that I am sorry this process is so frustrating! It is beyond comprehension that you have to deal with this while getting a cancer diagnosis and a major move at the same time!

What kind of cross did you have?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs Whitney, I want to say the whole process of losing jewelry that is valuable and dear to you is unsettling and distressing, and the process of filing a claim is stressful too, waiting for "resolution". If I could give any advice, is to let it go through the process. They have to do it to file the claim, and the good thing is between that and the police report they may learn something that may lead to your jewelry being recovered. So it's not a terrible thing to wait a month or so and let it play out. For example if it fell out at the hospital and then someone later tries to fence it it may be recovered.

In the scheme of things just let the process work and focus on what is most important, your emotional and physical well being. They are just things and health and loved ones are more important.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear of your many challenges that seemingly hit you all at the same time. That is very difficult to deal with and I hope that you find the support that you need to help you navigate through the medical treatment process.

I wanted to speak specifically to the insurance investigation process. While it may seem like an insurance adjuster does not have the authority to interview you and ask you to confirm that the answers are true and correct (which is the equivalent of an oath), they have every right to do so. Many on here have alluded to the fact that it is essential that consumers do not face being priced out of necessary coverage due to the high volume of fraud. They are accurate.

To the honest individual, it seems invasive and hard to believe the high prevalence of fraud, but trust me....it is epidemic. While it seems very inconvenient, they are doing their job. Listening to well-intentioned, but ill-conceived advice to refuse to cooperate and get a lawyer will delay and jeopardize the processing, and payment, of your claim. As a former "fraud broad" in the special investigation unit of a large insurance carrier, I can attest that they can, and they will judge you against every other claimant they have ever had, both honest policyholders and fraudulent claimants. Taking deep breaths and being very candid makes everyone's life a lot easier in these matters.

While this issue may become secondary to you as a result of your diagnosis, I hope that you can appreciate that they have a job to do and that requires your cooperation as well. They simply can't do their jobs without the cooperation of the policyholder to allow them to verify facts necessary to make a coverage decision.

I wish you the most successful of treatments and hope that you can lean on your PS friends throughout this process.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
nm

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been following this thread and I am so sorry for what you are going though.
This is a very delicate time for you - so much happening aside from your diagnosis! Please take care of yourself to avoid as much stress as possible. Meditation, counseling, yoga - all difficult during a move, but you MUST stay calm and positive for your health. There is nothing like stress to harm the immune system, as you are undoubtedly well-aware. Get a book on positive thinking - that old Norman Vincent Peale book is great. If you can read a page a day, every day it will give your mind something positive to absorb. My prayers are with you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Dani, I am so sorry about all of this and I am posting to send you bucket loads of PS ***DUST*** for a full recovery of your health first and foremost and then your bling recovery whether that be through the insurance company or better yet you finding all of your original bling. Mostly sending you lots of good healthy vibes for full health to return to you. And sending you lots of (((HUGS))) too.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry that this process is a long, drawn out one but I am sure it is standard operating procedure. I am sorry too about the cancer diagnosis and wish you the best treatment and outcome for your condition.

You have many things going on at once in your life and I know you will be busy with moving. Hopefully, it will make the time waiting for the insurance company to pass quickly for you. I have never had an experience with Jeweler's Mutual nor my own insurance company regarding jewelry. I did ship a Rolex watch once via UPS and it was stolen from the box along the way. I had to wait 30 days while UPS investigated and tried to come up with the watch. They did not and did in fact pay out just as they had promised. I was beside myself the entire time feeling like I had been forgotten or my claim had somehow fallen through the cracks. I was very pleasantly surprised with the outcome and feel that if I were ever in a loss claim again, I could be more patient with the process as it all worked out in the end. I hope that this is your experience as well and I feel certain that it will be. You can never get back what you've lost but you can be restored satisfactorily.

Take care of yourself and keep us updated on your progress in all the facets of your life. We will be sending huge buckets of healing dust your way!!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone- not feeling good today, but had to give a HUGE shout out to my PS family; I feel good to be back (formerly UCLABelle before PS changed over), and especially this awful health situation (and my jewelry questions), it is nice to have the support.

I know Perfect Circle is following procedure- I guess for the girl who never was even pulled over for a ticket, the investigation seems "odd"...but I do understand, and it should not be a big deal. They are just rocks (but, pretty ones).

For the question about the cross- it was Tiffany's medium sized one. I always wore inside, covered, often though, close to my heart and not to be flashy- unless it was an evening out.

I am hoping soon, even if I have to save and purchase it myself in 10 years ;-) I will have jewels to show and BE HEALTHY :) :) :)

HUGS to my PS family!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results