carat
color
clarity

PEPCA Pearls!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

These threads are all beauty and no beast. Get to see world class stuff AND receive the information/details like thesis research!

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the photos and awesome write up as usual!!

If you have time Id love to see the WSS with your gem akoya to see the similarity and differences. These WSS are even sharper luster I think but yet softer in a way? I can’t quite describe it much less capture it in a photo
Mikimoto akoya and Pearl Paradise WSS (colour's more similar than the Paspaley), and I'm wearing a yellow and navy striped shirt ::)

Reflections in both are about equally sharp, I agree!! But the WSS just can't keep up with akoya for contrastiness... A for effort though :bigsmile: The akoya are ball bearings ❤️

WSS_AKOYA_1.png

WSS_AKOYA_2.png

WSS_AKOYA_3.png

WSS_AKOYA_4.png

WSS_AKOYA_5.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got jealous of all the calm cat modelling photos and woke one of mine up to try my own :lol: He stayed put for a good thirty seconds - must've been half asleep still :halo:

This little guy had a really rough 2021, but he pulled through and he's doing amazingly well now ❤️ His fur is still patchy but it's growing back!! :appl:

GRAN_J_1.png

GRAN_J_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Closeup in my Takahashi net. Net is rose gold and yeah, the colours clash kinda about as spectacularly as you'd expect. Gold pearls in peachy metal - pretty firmly on my DoNotRecommend list :twisted2:

GRAN_PASPALEYNET.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Takahashi's drilling is always pristine. I don't know that Yy was entirely thrilled about drilling this pearl... But... :lol: I believe they just picked a random place to drill, no blemishes or colour zoning to work around.

GRAN_DRILL.png

Last edited by a moderator:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps one day, I could get a nice round silver WSS and a blue Tahitian in 15-16mm and wear it with a basket/cage like this one in WG, ideally with some paved diamonds along the ribs of the cage to bling it up:

1648027417869.png

They do not need to be PEPCA-certified pearls, just need to be round and BIG! :lol-2:

DK :))

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GRAN_J_2.png

This photo is so MIB!

Amazing thread, amazing photos, and an amazing education!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@MakingTheGrade have you decided what you are going to attach to the bottom jump ring?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I am blown away. Such incredible pearls. Just how does one get on a list or even ask for the best of the best! I would settle for just 1. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am blown away. Such incredible pearls. Just how does one get on a list or even ask for the best of the best! I would settle for just 1. :)

I was one of the people who had originally asked about the Supearl but it was out of my budget. I was thrilled when I heard @MakingTheGrade was getting it!!! I believe she actually committed to it right about when my enquiry was answered, so really I wouldn't have been able to buy it even if I'd been able to, as she'd already spoken for it :bigsmile: But we'd kind of already decided that she had dibs if either of us was offered it, it's so perfect for her. I'm so glad I got to see it. It really is "best of the best". No question. :love:

I've asked Takahashi to kindly let me know if a gemmy pair of 10mm+ akoya ever comes in. I have no idea how long their queue for those would be, though - it wouldn't surprise me to learn that I'm #100 in line :lol: But then again maybe I'd get lucky, like with those three 9.5-10 gem pairs!! If there's something you really want I would totally recommend asking Takahashi to keep an eye out for you!! ❤️

Last edited:

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I was one of the people who had originally asked about the Supearl but it was out of my budget. I was thrilled when I heard @MakingTheGrade was getting it!!! I believe she actually committed to it right about when my enquiry was answered, so really I wouldn't have been able to buy it even if I'd been able to, as she'd already spoken for it :bigsmile: But we'd kind of already decided that she had dibs if either of us was offered it, it's so perfect for her. I'm so glad I got to see it. It really is "best of the best". No question. :love:

I've asked Takahashi to kindly let me know if a gemmy pair of 10mm+ akoya ever comes in. I have no idea how long their queue for those would be, though - it wouldn't surprise me to learn that I'm #100 in line :lol: But then again maybe I'd get lucky, like with those three 9.5-10 gem pairs!! If there's something you really want I would totally recommend asking Takahashi to keep an eye out for you!! ❤️

Thank you. You and MakingThe Grade are so very lucky to own these treasures.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all.

In Post #35, my text says this:
Closeup in my Takahashi net. Net is rose gold and yeah, the colours clash kinda about as spectacularly as you'd expect. Gold pearls in peachy metal - pretty firmly on my DoNotRecommend list :twisted2:

That should say "Closeup in my Paspaley net". I requested one instance of Paspaley be changed to Takahashi in this post but it looks like more than one may have gotten accidentally changed. This net is from Paspaley, not Takahashi.

Cheers.

Last edited:

HHtv

Rough_Rock
The Pearls and the necklaces are gorgeous! May i ask, is it possible that the pearls can fall out or is it somehow very secure? I'm thinking of going the same route! Just lovely.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Pearls and the necklaces are gorgeous! May i ask, is it possible that the pearls can fall out or is it somehow very secure? I'm thinking of going the same route! Just lovely.
Paspaley has two net sizes - Petite and Regular. They do have minimum pearl size recommendations for each net and as long as your pearl is big enough the net will hug its curves and the "web" won't spread far enough to let it slip out ::) I'm not sure exactly what those minimum sizes are - maybe @Crystal_Dreams knows offhand? If not that'd have to be a question for a Paspaley rep.

I *think* Takahashi customizes their nets for specific pearl sizes? @MakingTheGrade or @ForteKitty might know!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine was custom made by Takahashi knowing the size of the pearl and they confirmed it wouldnt be at risk of falling out and everything is smooth and non scratchy. I haven’t gotten it yet since I also maybe impulse bought 2 purple Tahitians that need drilling…

2D2B18B2-1E55-4A3C-9677-7D1E1E6D8ECD.jpeg

Attachments

• 79DAA6A6-739A-4E83-9EFC-5E5CBAD41412.jpeg
    79DAA6A6-739A-4E83-9EFC-5E5CBAD41412.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 14

HHtv

Rough_Rock
Paspaley has two net sizes - Petite and Regular. They do have minimum pearl size recommendations for each net and as long as your pearl is big enough the net will hug its curves and the "web" won't spread far enough to let it slip out ::) I'm not sure exactly what those minimum sizes are - maybe @Crystal_Dreams knows offhand? If not that'd have to be a question for a Paspaley rep.

I *think* Takahashi customizes their nets for specific pearl sizes? @MakingTheGrade or @ForteKitty might know!

Mine was custom made by Takahashi knowing the size of the pearl and they confirmed it wouldnt be at risk of falling out and everything is smooth and non scratchy. I haven’t gotten it yet since I also maybe impulse bought 2 purple Tahitians that need drilling…

2D2B18B2-1E55-4A3C-9677-7D1E1E6D8ECD.jpeg

Thank you both for the responses! I hate to admit it but i have also been sucked into the Granpearl / Supearl impulse buy after reading both threads. :Up_to_something:

May i ask where you purchased the temp settings from? I really like the simplicity of it.... and I'm currently discussing a GSS Granpearl purchase with Takahashi.
Maybe it's a fit brought on by the clean Spring air....:lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results