shape
carat
color
clarity

Pending Engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Alexis

I can''t get this girl off my mind. I hope that she is doing ok, and I will be looking for updates from you

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no...Katie is most definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that she gets better soon.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
im so sorry about your niece alexis, sending dust her way that she recovers quickly...

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I am so, so sorry, alexis. I feel terrible for this little girl. I hope she recovers speedily. She is in my thoughts.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Katie sounds like a really special girl. I''m sorry you''re going through such a rough time. You''re all in my thoughts.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Please update us on her condition when you can. (((BIG HUG)))

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Oh god that is so tradgic. I really hope she pulls through. She sounds like a doll of a kid, funny, cheaky and all round adorable.

Im really sorry that she has to fight so many illnesses at once. Pnemonia, even by itself is enough.

My daughter had pnemonia at age 3 , was in hospital for a week. It has taken her 3 years to `almost` recover (she`s still not 100%).

Anyway, kids are good at fighting. I wish you all the best fighting this together with lots of love, care and patience.

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

Katie is definitely in my prayers. I hope she has a safe and healthy recovery, as I am sure she will.

And, I just wanted to say, ~*Alexis*~, you are being so strong with this. I was overjoyed to see how good a LIW is handling a situation that has set off an upcoming engagement. Many people would not necessarily be as understanding and as self-less, but it is so nice to see someone who is. Thank you. Sometimes, I think we get too caught up in the idea of getting engaged that we forget about other important things in life but reading about dear Katie, reminded me that there is so much more to life than the upcoming ring.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your wonderful comments, i wish I could write everyone a personal thank you but I am hopping on the computer and off all day....

The new update:

They tried to take her off of the ventilator tonight. She did not do well. She became agitated and her lungs are not recovered enough for them to take her off the bypass. They also did an echo and they found out she has some heart damage because of the resuscitation they had to do to her twice.

So right now there is no real change and they are saying she will be there for at least another 6 weeks plus more time for physical therapy.

Its going to be a long road....

As for the engagement....I think I can deal with it...whats a few more weeks? Plus it would just not be the same without her. She has been my biggest ali for us since we first started dating.

Thanks for all the prayers and kind thoughts!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update, Alexis. I am terribly sorry about the heart damage. I hope that it is limited and long term effects will be minimal. All my best wishes.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I''m SO sorry!!! My heart goes out to you and your SO''s family...please know she''s in my thoughts and prayers!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 8:12:29 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Thank you all for your wonderful comments, i wish I could write everyone a personal thank you but I am hopping on the computer and off all day....

The new update:

They tried to take her off of the ventilator tonight. She did not do well. She became agitated and her lungs are not recovered enough for them to take her off the bypass. They also did an echo and they found out she has some heart damage because of the resuscitation they had to do to her twice.

So right now there is no real change and they are saying she will be there for at least another 6 weeks plus more time for physical therapy.

Its going to be a long road....

As for the engagement....I think I can deal with it...whats a few more weeks? Plus it would just not be the same without her. She has been my biggest ali for us since we first started dating.

Thanks for all the prayers and kind thoughts!
7.gif
i am so sorry to hear this go around did not fare as well as they hoped.
She sounds like a strong girl, and she''ll pull through!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just saw this, and I am so sorry to hear that Alexis.

Kids are super tough though, sometimes its astounding how someone so young can be so strong. She sounds like she is just that... and she will push through.

I''ll keep you all in my thoughts!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Aww Alexis, such a true statement. Embrace the lives and loves of those around us for all they are. Many prayers for you and the family.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Prayers and good thoughts headed towards little Katie - despite the disappointing results with taking her off the ventilator, I really hope that things improve soon - I''m sure her incredible spirit and your love and support will help to pull her through this.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Alexis, so sorry to hear this.
39.gif
38.gif
8.gif

How bizarre that her condition went downhill so quickly. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and your sweet niece. (((HUGS)))

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...

I was looking to reply then I realized that it was stickied... thanks Ali or Andrey..

I will be going up tonight to see her and again on Friday so hopefully there will be some more progress.

I will update you as I know more...

Life is to short to take things for granted, so kiss the ones you love while you can.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:33:28 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Life is to short to take things for granted, so kiss the ones you love while you can.
Absolutely!

Your all in my thoughts Alexis

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I just saw this thread Alexis. I''m so sorry to hear about your niece. I hope you get some good news about her soon. I can''t even imagine what your family is going through. You are in my thoughts.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am still thinking of you and Katie, I hope she is doing ok and will be waiting to hear an update.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I''m so sorry to hear that. Poor thing! I''ll keep her in my thoughts. Hope she gets better as quickly as possible.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that Alexis-I haven''t been on here much the past few days and didn''t see this. Sending my thoughts.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Alexis - I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers for you, your soon to be fi and Katie.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Alexis, I just saw this thread, and wanted to send my best wishes. What a heartbreaking thing for any family to go through.

I am sure your engagement will be special no matter what time, my fingers are crossed that you will have a happy healthy niece there to celebrate with you.

Sending hugs and keeping my fingers crossed

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
well I got another update:

Katie has a pocket on one of her lungs that seems to be of puss and fluid. They cannot operate because she is not stable enough and they cannot give her anymore medication because she is on all that her body can handle, She is still on bypass and the vent and things are not looking good. They are at an impass as to what to do.

Also she keeps waking up and not staying sedated because she is fighting it so much so they had to give her an adult dose of the medication to knock her out for good.

Its been a hard day. FFI and I are going up tomorrow to spend the day with her and the family..

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers they do mean a lot!!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Lots of prayers continuing for Katie! I''m so sorry to hear of her latest complications. I hope so much that she pulls through.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
So very sorry to hear that things are not improving like we all hoped they would by now. Sending lots of positive thinking and strength to Katie and everyone that loves her.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, Alexis! I was hoping things would be looking up by now.

Keep us updated, and we''ll keep you all in our thoughts!

****DUST**** for a healthy kid back!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping to open this and hear better news, as I am sure you were hoping for better news as well. I hope that they are able to drain the pus pocket soon. Of course she needs to be stable enough, but that pus gives a place for the infection to hide from the antibiotics. It sounds like they are in a pretty tough place.

I am continuing to have hope for her, I will be thinking about her today.

goodfun7580

Shiny_Rock
Alexis, I''m sorry to hear of the new developments with Katie. Just know that she is in my prayers and thoughts. I hope things look up for her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results