Bail or no bail?

• Bail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Bail

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I’m trying to figure out how I’d like this diamond set in a pendant. I picked it because it’s the perfect heart shape for me. So I’m leaning towards a basket instead of bezel to see the distinct outline of the stone.
I guess my main question is bail or no bail? I’d like being able to switch out chains whenever I feel like it. But I also like when diamond almost appears to float along the neckline when there is no bail. I’m afraid with the small size, I couldn’t switch out chains without my jeweler’s help. The stone measures 5.18x6.15.
A413C77D-1EFE-4902-BA37-E716512C0E04.jpeg 7B0BA0DC-7FCE-4CD6-A271-383273E861DB.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

You could get an adjustable chain with jump hoops.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can get adjustable chains with a slider, then it can be any size you like. It has a silicone grommet inside. I think someone on here recently had a dainty heart shaped diamond pendant made. Personally, I like bezel setting without a visible bail.

Just took a quick pic of mine, hope you can see what I mean.

05D8CBB2-F6E3-47F6-BC73-1D211EA12E08.jpeg

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
You can get adjustable chains with a slider, then it can be any size you like. It has a silicone grommet inside. I think someone on here recently had a dainty heart shaped diamond pendant made. Personally, I like bezel setting without a visible bail.

Just took a quick pic of mine, hope you can see what I mean.

05D8CBB2-F6E3-47F6-BC73-1D211EA12E08.jpeg
You could get an adjustable chain with jump hoops.

I do have a chain like that. I was thinking more along the lines of swapping out a white chain for a rose.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a heart shaped diamond pendant with bail and it never looked like a heart. Let me dig up a pic. I highly suggest a bezel! heartpendant2.jpg heart2_0.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be more distinct in a yellow or rose gold setting. I am not a fan of bezels so would a basket support the stone and prevent flipping?

jbake

Brilliant_Rock

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
It would be more distinct in a yellow or rose gold setting. I am not a fan of bezels so would a basket support the stone and prevent flipping?

Yes, my jeweler would modify a basket setting so the chain would slide through the top half to prevent flipping.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is a (well-executed) bezel totally out of the running? Think that would best showcase the lovely heart shape of your diamond. E.g.,
bezeled heart diamond ring.jpg JewelsByGrace Askew heart necklace.jpg
(although I personally would not millegrain the bezel, as in Jewels by Grace's Askew necklace above)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is a (well-executed) bezel totally out of the running? Think that would best showcase the lovely heart shape of your diamond. E.g.,
(although I personally would not millegrain the bezel, as in Jewels by Grace's Askew necklace above)

I love the idea of a bezel!!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock

Those are beautiful & I do love bezels. But the two diamond pendants I have are already bezel set, so I'm wanting something different.

I think I'm going to do the basket setting, no bail, with a white chain since that's what I wear most often.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could do a different kind of bail instead of the fishtail one. Here's mine. You could have it done without the pave.

DSC_2895.JPG

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for a bezel with no bail to show off the gorgeous shape!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
You could do a different kind of bail instead of the fishtail one. Here's mine. You could have it done without the pave.

DSC_2895.JPG
That’s so pretty! :love:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Just to bring this thread to completion, here is my finished heart pendant. It is set in a basket, with a thin box chain sliding through the back. I’m not sure how far away the shape starts showing, but I can see the top clefts and pointy bottom in most mirrors at what I’d guess is normal viewing distance?
Overall, I am very happy with this pendant!

56A78BAF-2419-4FD2-A96C-AF52A7AE60D6.jpeg

E284D1CD-0FB8-425D-A515-192E3D4324F1.jpeg

Attachments

• B1140243-01DF-47A7-A5C6-50AB02D51D24.jpeg
    B1140243-01DF-47A7-A5C6-50AB02D51D24.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 42

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh it's so PRETTY! I LOVE IT! I think the chain is just lovely and the length is perfect, too! :appl:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it's so PRETTY! I LOVE IT! I think the chain is just lovely and the length is perfect, too! :appl:

Thank you! I used to wear my necklaces much longer, so this box chain sat in my jewelry box for quite a while. My jeweler shortened it to 17” before putting the pendant on it. It’s .80mm, so very thin, but strong. I love the way it shimmers when it’s a little twisted.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
@jbake your heart pendant is my inspiration for a piece I currently have going! I hope you don't mind, this is just the perfect feminine dainty pendant <3

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
@jbake your heart pendant is my inspiration for a piece I currently have going! I hope you don't mind, this is just the perfect feminine dainty pendant <3

That’s so sweet, thank you! I can’t wait to see it! What an exciting project! Best of luck to you ❤️

I still love my heart pendant so much! The only change I’ve made is putting it on a rose box chain vs the white box chain.

A12720B7-D350-4979-9AA3-C7898A84C3A6.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results