shape
carat
color
clarity

Peerless Diamond at Jared

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nani565

Shiny_Rock
Hello all!

I was at jareds yesterday and I was looking at the peerless diamonds because we are hoping to upgrade in february. The lady showed us a 1.03 H SI1 for 7,200 ( I really want a 1.5 but those are 12,000 and we want to upgrade at jareds because thats were we bought out first diamond and we get credit for it), and D said he wanted something with a better clarity like a VS or somthing, so we asked how much it would, and the sales lady said it would be the same price, she said that all 1 carats were 7,200 and all 1.5 carats were 12,000. Does that make sense?? cause it really makes no sense to me.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, it makes no sense because the way they sell diamonds make no sense. How much money do you get for your trade? Because you might find yourself in a better position to just keep your original and spend the money upgrading online...

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jared''s "peerless diamond" is just an AGS-0 cut dimaond (meaning it''s ideal, just like whiteflash''s ACA diamond). I''m not sure what they are giving you for your trade in, but if you go lower in color (I or even J in color, the ACA or even the peerless will face up white because the cut is ideal) you maybe able to get a bigger size for about the same amount (depending on if your willing to forfit your upgrade, but the good news is that WF has a GREAT upgrade policy....so perhaps in the furture...if you can''t do it now...you can get your 1.5
11.gif
36.gif
20.gif

As for the better clairty...if it''s eyeclean...IMO there isn''t a reason to pay the extra price. And yes, there is a price difference for better clarity. I have an eyeclean SI1, and for the last yr I have tired to find the inclusions w/my naked eye and haven''t yet.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1148581.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1467009.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-636622.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1445142.htm

If you want to see how much a similar diamond would be...here are 2 that are close

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-636622.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-906696.htm

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The Peerless diamonds are nice, but they''re no better than any other branded superideal cut, like the Whiteflash ACA or Hearts On Fire. They carry a huge price premium though. You can find an equally beautiful diamond for much less cash online. And it makes no sense at all that their pricing is completely based on carat weight...color and clarity change the price A LOT. As you can tell from redrose''s nice choices, you''d be overpaying by $1000 for the 1ct size. Who needs that?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 11:24:00 AM
Author:nani565
Hello all!

I was at jareds yesterday and I was looking at the peerless diamonds because we are hoping to upgrade in february. The lady showed us a 1.03 H SI1 for 7,200 ( I really want a 1.5 but those are 12,000 and we want to upgrade at jareds because thats were we bought out first diamond and we get credit for it), and D said he wanted something with a better clarity like a VS or somthing, so we asked how much it would, and the sales lady said it would be the same price, she said that all 1 carats were 7,200 and all 1.5 carats were 12,000. Does that make sense?? cause it really makes no sense to me.

If that is really the case, then buy a 1ct D IF stone from them, you will get a steal, these stones are at least 16k each. :razz:

Stupid Sales rep.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 12:17:18 PM
Author: Stone-cold11

Hello all!

If that is really the case, then buy a 1ct D IF stone from them, you will get a steal, these stones are at least 16k each. :razz:

Stupid Sales rep.

They wouldn''t sell you one though, to them color and clarity mean nothing and are all the same!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm... so what do they sell? Just by carat? If they come with DQD, can''t you choose one that is high color and clarity grade. Not sure how they do biz.

nani565

Shiny_Rock
I asked for an IF in a D color, and she said that it is very hard to find a stone with that clarity and color, that almost all the stones are SI1 and G or H color. I am going to get 3,200 for my trade in at jareds, and I feel like my stone is worth a lot less, I was at a jeweler recently and he told me that it was probably an H, I1. So D wants to stick with Jareds cause if not we lose 3200 dollars. I was just wondering if I was the only one who thought it was crazy that all 1 carat, regardless of color and clarity were the same price. The sales ladies reasoning for all the stones being the same price was that "when a stone is cut that good, clarity and color don''t matter"

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do a little more math. It might just save you some money.

First, you need real specs on your existing stone. ‘Some guy said it’s probably an H/I-1’ is not sufficient information to make an informed decision. After you have the specs, get a feel for what you could sell it for outright. Ask this question directly to your appraiser.

Next, search for similar grades with a few points range in the size on the site here and figure out what you would expect to pay for this in a discount sort of environment. Usually there are dozens to choose from.

Subtract A from B and you’ve got what this deal would cost you without Jared’s involvement. You may want to go with them anyway, even if they aren’t the cheapest for other reasons but it’s always good to go into a deal knowing what it really costs.

It's simply not correct to say that all 1 carat diamonds at Jared's cost the same. Your sales associate is confused.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

the saleslady is feeding you a bunch of B.S.
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 12:36:27 PM
hmm... so what do they sell? Just by carat? If they come with DQD, can''t you choose one that is high color and clarity grade. Not sure how they do biz.

The catch there is that just just don''t sell stones that are high color or clarity in their peerless line, so you can''t just choose a D VVS1 out of a lot of gems from a dealer ya know?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2008 9:02:00 PM
Author: neatfreak

The catch there is that just just don''t sell stones that are high color or clarity in their peerless line, so you can''t just choose a D VVS1 out of a lot of gems from a dealer ya know?
but still....i would pick a G SI1 over an H SI1.
33.gif
or a VS over an SI clarity of the same color.
33.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I have never shopped at Jareds but that sounds crazy.
32.gif
32.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 9:10:36 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 12/13/2008 9:02:00 PM

Author: neatfreak

but still....i would pick a G SI1 over an H SI1.
33.gif
or a VS over an SI clarity of the same color.
33.gif

My guess is that they try to limit their supply of choices so that they only carry H VS2 or G SI1 type combos...so that the prices even out over time? Who knows...a male friend of mine bought one and I just felt so bad for him because it seemed like he really got ripped off and had no clue. But he had already proposed and she loved it, so I kept my trap shut!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results