shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearls…I’m so new to them!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Ok, my stepmom dropped the pearls off this evening and told me to take them for a spin this week. It’s very difficult to photograph these with my phone - they’re not near as shiny as they are irl. I’m not seeing many blemishes on any of the 3 necklaces - these are extremely clean!

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpeg
    IMG_1106.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1107.jpeg
    IMG_1107.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1109.jpeg
    IMG_1109.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1110.jpeg
    IMG_1110.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1111.jpeg
    IMG_1111.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 27

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, my stepmom dropped the pearls off this evening and told me to take them for a spin this week. It’s very difficult to photograph these with my phone - they’re not near as shiny as they are irl. I’m not seeing many blemishes on any of the 3 necklaces - these are extremely clean!

these do look rather lovely :appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:
which is your favorite ?
im glad she is better from covid

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
these do look rather lovely :appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:
which is your favorite ?
im glad she is better from covid
Thank you, she was mildly sick and thankfully recovered quickly :)

I’m undecided at this point - I love them all but for different reasons. The pink is such a lovely shade and much less peach than I expected. I love the larger ones because they stand out and have a nice warmth to them, in person. The smaller ones are very shiny and I love the length, which I didn’t think I would. I want all of them!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I’ve been looking at different colors online and I don’t think the pink set I have are pink, I think they’re lavender. I asked my stepmom and she said that might be right because they had a set of pink and a set of lavender but she wasn’t 100% sure which these are :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're lovely! Those are all great colours on you, your complexion suits a variety of pearls :love:

Choosing jewellery that's mind-clean is 99% of the battle, IMO. Are you looking for a piece from your dad's collection? If wearing a piece from his estate would make you feel good about buying - then 100% choose one (or more!) of these strands. They're beautiful, you wear them well, and of course they have that family connection that an "outside" strand can't mimic.

If what you're looking for is a more objective tippy-top quality for price then there may be alternatives, and it's probably worth more investigation. If this is the case we can recommend some vendors with great return policies - buy a strand or two and let your eyes adjudicate. Pearl Paradise is my personal go-to.

Happy hunting! :bigsmile:

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
They're lovely! Those are all great colours on you, your complexion suits a variety of pearls :love:

Choosing jewellery that's mind-clean is 99% of the battle, IMO. Are you looking for a piece from your dad's collection? If wearing a piece from his estate would make you feel good about buying - then 100% choose one (or more!) of these strands. They're beautiful, you wear them well, and of course they have that family connection that an "outside" strand can't mimic.

If what you're looking for is a more objective tippy-top quality for price then there may be alternatives, and it's probably worth more investigation. If this is the case we can recommend some vendors with great return policies - buy a strand or two and let your eyes adjudicate. Pearl Paradise is my personal go-to.

Happy hunting! :bigsmile:

Thank you, kindly <3

I’m not dead set on owning something from my father’s collection (bit of a history there) so that’s not a factor. I only reached out to my stepmom for guidance about purchasing pearls and she had a few sets left. I do really like the pink/lavender set (I’m still not 100% sure what color they are and neither is my stepmom, lol) and they’re the ones I keep gravitating towards. The only problem is that she wants $900 for them and I’m not sure if that’s a fair price. I’ve read all the articles and posts on the PS forums and watched a gazillion YouTube videos…I believe they are very nice but could I get a better deal from PP? This is where I’m stuck :)

I ordered a set of Freshadama from PP in white and those should be here by end of week/early next. I was thinking I could use those to compare against the white pearls from my stepmom and see how hers stack up. If the PP are superior then I would likely pass on hers and buy more from PP. I’m not sure that I’m at an akoya pearl level at this point in my journey so Freshadama might be a great starting point for me! I have found myself going back to a few different PP baroque Tahitian pearl necklaces so there may be something there :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I’ve been looking at different colors online and I don’t think the pink set I have are pink, I think they’re lavender. I asked my stepmom and she said that might be right because they had a set of pink and a set of lavender but she wasn’t 100% sure which these are :)

my screen doesnt show colours all that true, but lavander pearls are so pretty !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results