shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl stud earring size guide - show me yours!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Horrific bathroom lighting, but I just received these 9.7mm sunny GSS studs and Besame Mary Poppins lipstick and I'm trying them out. Love both, and SO happy I can SEE my earrings now. Especially from the front! Diamonds and gems all point outward because my ears are flat against my head and the lobes are flimsy. If anyone has the same issues, pearl studs are the way to go.

Cheezin because I have RBF and look really snarky otherwise lol:

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

RBF :lol:
IMG_1318.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Horrific bathroom lighting, but I just received these 9.7mm sunny GSS studs and Besame Mary Poppins lipstick and I'm trying them out. Love both, and SO happy I can SEE my earrings now. Especially from the front! Diamonds and gems all point outward because my ears are flat against my head and the lobes are flimsy. If anyone has the same issues, pearl studs are the way to go.

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

Those are great ear shots
And beautiful studs

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_1320.jpg
They look amazing on you - I love the colour and the size.

(Also, I’m chortling at your anti-RBF cheezing. I have the same issue - I’m either glowering or looking like an unhinged person smiling away at nothing.)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are about 13-14mm, and I don't like them as they make my already wide face even wider. Perhaps they will suit me better when I have a new longer hair style.

This is 10mm round one from PP, and probably the biggest round one I would wear unless I change to a different hair style:

DK :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're so pretty in pearls. How on earth has it taken you this long to come over!? The face-forward is stunning, they really do "frame your face" :bigsmile:
And that colour suits!! :love:

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are about 13-14mm, and I don't like them as they make my already wide face even wider. Perhaps they will suit me better when I have a new longer hair style.

20201118_215229.jpg

This is 10mm round one from PP, and probably the biggest round one I would wear unless I change to a different hair style:

pp_tahitian_studs.jpg

I like dark pearls on you. Dark hair + lighter skin = dark pearls look right at home :appl:

I have to be careful with dark pearls - my skin is darker than yours, my hair is probably around the same, so it's easy for "dark" to just get lost in everything around them. I think if I had more contrast between hair and skin I'd be able to wear more diverse colours on the ears...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

20201118_215229.jpg

pp_tahitian_studs.jpg

They look gorgouse on you

Personal preferences and all that :lol: *

* sorry i realize ive used that joke 2 days in a row

But they look good on you
Actually they look dam impressive and you and them perfectly compliment each other

A head usually has some movement, where as you are staring at ourself in the mirror or in a pboto like you're a statute
Real life isn't a statute

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

You are so pretty! Those pearls look fabulous on you!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look gorgouse on you

Personal preferences and all that :lol: *

* sorry i realize ive used that joke 2 days in a row

But they look good on you
Actually they look dam impressive and you and them perfectly compliment each other

A head usually has some movement, where as you are staring at ourself in the mirror or in a pboto like you're a statute
Real life isn't a statute

Thanks for the kind words, however, I feel like a chameleon with big eyes sticking out when I wear them!

A longer hair cut that covers most of my ears may work, which is what I may go for, as it would be long enough by the time I have my next hair cut on 13 April 2021 - my last monthly hair cut was early November 2020!!!

DK :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like dark pearls on you. Dark hair + lighter skin = dark pearls look right at home :appl:

I have to be careful with dark pearls - my skin is darker than yours, my hair is probably around the same, so it's easy for "dark" to just get lost in everything around them. I think if I had more contrast between hair and skin I'd be able to wear more diverse colours on the ears...

Thanks for the kind words.

My Tahitian studs get more wear than the CFWP equivalent for certain.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words, however, I feel like a chameleon with big eyes sticking out when I wear them!

A longer hair cut that covers most of my ears may work, which is what I may go for, as it would be long enough by the time I have my next hair cut on 13 April 2021 - my last monthly hair cut was early November 2020!!!

DK :lol-2:

Could you covert them to dangles ?- maybe with another element to balance out the elongation ?

They really are stunning and its a shame you dont enjoy their look on you

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you covert them to dangles ?- maybe with another element to balance out the elongation ?

They really are stunning and its a shame you dont enjoy their look on you

I bought a cheapo pair of SSP dangles from Wen Pearls recently, about the same size, and they look horrible on me. They are too big and touch my face. Good job I did not pay much for them! :(2

These would not look good as dangles, however, I am keeping them as they would make a nice open cuff bangle. I would probably make it with Rhodium-plated Silver again.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a cheapo pair of SSP dangles from Wen Pearls recently, about the same size, and they look horrible on me. They are too big and touch my face. Good job I did not pay much for them! :(2

These would not look good as dangles, however, I am keeping them as they would make a nice open cuff bangle. I would probably make it with Rhodium-plated Silver again.

Good thinking !
Love the idea of a bangle
I have this saved to remind me i want a pearl bangle
modern-pearl-jewelry-241019-1509733561038-product.700x0c.jpg

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock

20201118_215229.jpg

pp_tahitian_studs.jpg

I love these, would you consider converting to dangles? As I have read elsewhere dangles elongate the face and you would not have to wait until your hair grows longer.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these, would you consider converting to dangles? As I have read elsewhere dangles elongate the face and you would not have to wait until your hair grows longer.

No, as large dangles do not suit me - I have already tried that with a pair of cheapo SSPs about the same size and don't like them as they touch my face and do not swing freely.

DK :(

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
No, as large dangles do not suit me - I have already tried that with a pair of cheapo SSPs about the same size and don't like them as they touch my face and do not swing freely.

DK :(

Oh I see Daisy mentioned the dangles as well, great minds and all that. 14MM is very big and would never work for dangles or studs for me as well and I have long hair. I like the bangle idea or maybe a pendant. Wouldn't want those beauties to go to waste.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!

I was going through the PS Pearl threads looking for something that highlighted different size pearl stud earrings for a size reference. Similar to in SMTB we have "show me your diamond studs!", but I wasn't able to find anything. :cry2:

If there is already a thread "show me your pearl studs", by all means link it below! Otherwise is that something people are interested in? I was on PP today looking for a pair of pearl studs, and I was completely stumped on sizing. I have no frame of reference how big a 6mm stud would look compared to a 7mm or even 8mm. :confused::confused: It would be super helpful to have a thread where we can showcase all our different studs and sizing!

What do you lovely PS people think?

So glad you started this thread! I was just coming here to look for pictures with different size studs! I have one pair of Akoya studs that are about 8.5mm, and I am clueless about larger sizes! It helps so much to see different sizes on different people!

Keep the pictures coming, please! These are all very helpful so far!

camelotshadow

Rough_Rock
Premium
Loving this thread & the pearl candy.

I like about 7.75 to 8 mm in akoya & 9.5 mm to 10mm in South sea

Took these small 10.5mm tahtian shots recently.

I have thick earlobes but my ears are not too big. They are a bit large & don't think I would want any bigger,

Fab eye OK 20210326_132727 (4).jpg Fabrikant 10.5 mm 18k 5.5 g20210324_165404 (2).jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this! I’m on the fence about getting a slightly larger pair of Tahitians - I only have Akoyas, and my largest size is my pair of silvery blue Akoyas in size 7.5-8…could I pull off 9-10 Tahitians?

9967C6C5-1CB9-4529-A982-6495DF5DDE9A.jpeg

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Yes absolutely you would look great. Do you have any pearl pendants that size? If so hold to ear for a quick preview.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Plus a blackish color is more subtle than a whitish pearl.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Yes absolutely you would look great. Do you have any pearl pendants that size? If so hold to ear for a quick preview.

Amazing idea. I do have a black Tahitian from Kamika that’s 9.5-10.5 (its a drop shape) but generally I can get a sense for the presence - I really like it actually!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping this! I’m on the fence about getting a slightly larger pair of Tahitians - I only have Akoyas, and my largest size is my pair of silvery blue Akoyas in size 7.5-8…could I pull off 9-10 Tahitians?

love it! i think the size is perfect!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Joing this thread to share my 9.25 mm white Hanadama with pink iridescence from Pearl Paradise. I cannot take any credit in choosing these. I was lucky enough to purchase these from the one and only @yssie I love these and am thrilled with them! 809399

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Joing this thread to share my 9.25 mm white Hanadama with pink iridescence from Pearl Paradise. I cannot take any credit in choosing these. I was lucky enough to purchase these from the one and only @yssie I love these and am thrilled with them! 20210128_190946.jpg

Gorgeous! I love the pink overtone on white pearls SO much

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

You have really pretty ears
im always interested in how people style multi piercings
If you go with a bigger pearl would you put anything in the other hole?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joing this thread to share my 9.25 mm white Hanadama with pink iridescence from Pearl Paradise. I cannot take any credit in choosing these. I was lucky enough to purchase these from the one and only @yssie I love these and am thrilled with them! 20210128_190946.jpg

They look awsome!
@yssie could start a new career as a pearl personal shopper/ agent

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
You have really pretty ears
im always interested in how people style multi piercings
If you go with a bigger pearl would you put anything in the other hole?

That’s sweet of you! I think it will depend if they touch - I actually have three piercings, and more in my cartilage! I got them done at a mall so they are all “off” unfortunately but I bet only I can tell!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results