shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl projects and Pearl Paradise

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

As a newbie to the pearl world I would really appreciate some advice - i have a number of pearl projects I am looking at getting completed over this year - one a custom piece ( but hopefully nothing to complex) and then just sourcing the right pearl

I am after
1. a long wg or sterling silver chain with - white eddison or large SS plus another smaller pearl ( possibly thaitian ) as a pendant - design to be finalised.

2. a 13 - 14 mm gold ( champagne/ medium gold ) SS pearl pendant

3. a white 13-14 mm pendant with two tone bale so I can wear a white gold or yellow gold chain.

I had a look at pearl paradise and can't see any 14 mm golden pearls ( my preferred first project :) ) so is it like with whiteflash or brian gavin do you make contact with a specific salesperson who will help source pearls or let you know when they come in?

with the custom piece - I don't want to complicate it - use one existing bale and then see how we can attach the second pearl below it, maybe the link chain as suggested in another thread ( the george jensen inspired piece ) - is there a particular person recommended for custom pieces I should talk to so I can get design ideas.

I seem to have been bitten terribly hard by this pearl bug :twirl: - there is something so luscious and beautiful about pearls - I just had no idea before :love:

Any other vendors recommended for the size of pearls and type of work I am after? .... i have a birthday coming up so would love to get one of the items on my list for this ... :angel:

thanks
d2b

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Anything on your list can be purchased at PP if you call them. The website has a small fraction of what they carry. John in the design department has hundreds of waxes that can be cast in the metal you choose, he also can modify the wax to change the look. I would call and talk to a representative and ask for some photos. They do go shopping right after Christmas for spring pearls, get on the list for anything you can't find and they will shop for your pearls.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
thank you Nacrelover. Are there any reps I should ask for or work with ?

d2b

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I have found them all to be wonderful.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Any who answer the phone will be able to help you, I usually ask for Chenai.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I've sent e-mails to PP's general contact e-mail, and several different people have gotten back to me right away. Always the right person for whatever I happen to be looking for at the time. I've learned that if I want something special, to just e-mail them and if they don't have something on hand, they will go shopping for me. Kevin at POJ has also done the same for me. I've been pleased with both vendors for customizing whatever I want.

Q

Queenie60

I have recently dealt with Fig at PP and he was very nice, patient and easy to work with. Good luck on your projects, can't wait to see photos when complete. :wavey:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I go through their chat and email when I deal with them. they are wonderful

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't have much to add, except to support what others have said. If you have a good idea what you're interested in, shoot them an email and start the conversation.

If they don't have much in the sizes you want, it might still be useful to look at some photos to get a good feel of what to put on a shopping wish list.

Do you have a good feel for the shapes or overtones you'd like?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results