shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl paradise has 20% off for Valentine’s Day

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm...my niece’s bat mitzvah is coming...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought my daughter a 16 inch AAA Akoya 6.5-7mm necklace and a AAA Akoya 6.5-7mm studs.

Thanks for drawing my attention to Pearl paradise
I plan to now buy from them in the future
I hope they ship to NZ
Do you think they would pick out a strand with smaller father than larger pearls ?
Are they easy to deal with ? And friendly?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope they ship to NZ
Do you think they would pick out a strand with smaller father than larger pearls ?

I found them very easy to deal with and very pleasant too. Just call them and ask them to please pick out exactly what you want. They are very accommodating from my past experiences with them. Tell them exactly what you want and ask if they can do that for you. Good luck @Daisys and Diamonds and cannot wait to see what you choose.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope they ship to NZ

I’ve only dealt with them once before when I bought DH’s nurse a strand and had to send back to add 3 inches. It was so easy and the turn around was exactly 1 week.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw, they are getting delivered today, so I’m at home waiting for them (usps). I will post pics when I get them.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, my daughter is getting presented next year so I figured I’d buy during the sale...

I saw her beautiful present on the other thread
But im not sure of the ocassion ?
Is she graduating or something ?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is making her debut in a year. (Debutante)

729037 729057

This dress— the sample she tried on is surely beat up, so I include the manufacturer photo.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A funny question for round these parts but do you (anybody) think they do slightly smaller pearls ?
How do i measure a pearl ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is making her debut in a year. (Debutante)

729037 729057

This dress— the sample she tried on is surely beat up, so I include the manufacturer photo.

Oh yes i do remember seeing that beautiful dress in a dress thread

Is it like how in England they used to have these big balls with the King and Queen and young laddies got presented to society ? But it was a king time ago
I don't think this custom ever made it to NZ

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m the wrong person to ask, sorry. @yssie do you know?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes i do remember seeing that beautiful dress in a dress thread

Is it like how in England they used to have these big balls with the King and Queen and young laddies got presented to society ? But it was a king time ago
I don't think this custom ever made it to NZ

Yes, sort of. It’s not as fancy as say an old New Orleans ball, but it’s still a thing to do here. I suppose it’s falling out of favor a bit, but we wanted to do it. My daughter wanted to do it also, so here we are.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found them very easy to deal with and very pleasant too. Just call them and ask them to please pick out exactly what you want. They are very accommodating from my past experiences with them. Tell them exactly what you want and ask if they can do that for you. Good luck @Daisys and Diamonds and cannot wait to see what you choose.

This is going to be my first 'me' purchase once i have a job again
But there will be a few bills to pay first
Sigh
Have to get job first

Im actually looking at a loose strand of mixed colour freshwater - by the inch i think its called?
So i can make my two strands a bit longer- one is a fun multi strand including a pink strand, the other necklase is white (both freshwater from the mall jewler)
and then i have two tin cup necklases id like to wear like a two strand but they also need a few extra inches in the back and they are dyed a really dark pinky black and silver so maybe that's not going to be in the mixed coloured strand but the black freshwater strand

My neck seems to have got fatter over the years although ive never liked anything tight around my neck like turtlenecks or skivies

Because I'm a scrooge im trying to work out - eccuse my blatant ignorance - could a fully drilled pearl be set into a ring ?
I have this little beat up pearl ring - just the pearl is beat up .its the first ring i brought myself many years ago when i was overseas and it needs resized anyway ...id like to put a pink pearl in it to match my necklase
Or do i need to buy the set of 4 half drilled one ?

Also mum's pearls are too tight but i don't think they are freshwater???but they are a lovelly cream colour - i was kind of hoping beyound hope a couple or even four of the 'mixed colours' might be cream enough to be able to go at the back, mum's pearls are slightly bigger and beautifully round but there are smaller pearls near the clasp

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, sort of. It’s not as fancy as say an old New Orleans ball, but it’s still a thing to do here. I suppose it’s falling out of favor a bit, but we wanted to do it. My daughter wanted to do it also, so here we are.

Well that's very excitting
Nice to keep tradition going.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be my first 'me' purchase once i have a job again
But there will be a few bills to pay first
Sigh
Have to get job first

Im actually looking at a loose strand of mixed colour freshwater - by the inch i think its called?
So i can make my two strands a bit longer- one is a fun multi strand including a pink strand, the other necklase is white (both freshwater from the mall jewler)
and then i have two tin cup necklases id like to wear like a two strand but they also need a few extra inches in the back and they are dyed a really dark pinky black and silver so maybe that's not going to be in the mixed coloured strand but the black freshwater strand

My neck seems to have got fatter over the years although ive never liked anything tight around my neck like turtlenecks or skivies

Because I'm a scrooge im trying to work out - eccuse my blatant ignorance - could a fully drilled pearl be set into a ring ?
I have this little beat up pearl ring - just the pearl is beat up .its the first ring i brought myself many years ago when i was overseas and it needs resized anyway ...id like to put a pink pearl in it to match my necklase
Or do i need to buy the set of 4 half drilled one ?

Also mum's pearls are too tight but i don't think they are freshwater???but they are a lovelly cream colour - i was kind of hoping beyound hope a couple or even four of the 'mixed colours' might be cream enough to be able to go at the back, mum's pearls are slightly bigger and beautifully round but there are smaller pearls near the clasp

I don't know @Daisys and Diamonds. I am sure Pearl Paradise (I always speak with Jeremy) can give you accurate info. I am not a pearl officionado in any way. You will be in good hands with PP and tell them your budget and they will make it work for you.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
I'm not yssie, but I'll give a shot at the question. Pearls are measured (gently) with calipers.

PP can certainly get smaller pearls, if you want. But, note that the smaller akoya ("baby akoya") aren't necessarily cheaper. The smaller they get, they actually become somewhat pricey because the value proposition to culture them lessens the smaller pearls get cultured.

Down to 5mm ought to be fairly easy to find, but anything smaller than that and they become almost too small to easily use in a lot of jewelry.

Also, your purchases look very nice @whitewave :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not yssie, but I'll give a shot at the question. Pearls are measured (gently) with calipers.

PP can certainly get smaller pearls, if you want. But, note that the smaller akoya ("baby akoya") aren't necessarily cheaper. The smaller they get, they actually become somewhat pricey because the value proposition to culture them lessens the smaller pearls get cultured.

Down to 5mm ought to be fairly easy to find, but anything smaller than that and they become almost too small to easily use in a lot of jewelry.

Also, your purchases look very nice @whitewave :)

Thank you amoline
That's great to know

Ive been trying to find my plastic calipers- maybe I'll get some new ones next time im in town

I think I'll just be looking at fresh water pearls to use as the necklase extenders because with the expectation of Mum's strand i know they are not expensive pearls, and 5mm would be good

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
There’s 4.5-5mm AAA Akoyas from the Pearl Source on Amazon— that’s the smallest studs I’ve found. I’m torn though. @whitewave has inspired me to get some studs for my IDJ jackets (round). But should I get the 4.5mm-5mm or the 5-5.5mm studs for my 5mm jackets? A little small or a bit large? Would getting the larger size risk the pearls getting scratched by the diamonds?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’s 4.5-5mm AAA Akoyas from the Pearl Source on Amazon— that’s the smallest studs I’ve found. I’m torn though. @whitewave has inspired me to get some studs for my IDJ jackets (round). But should I get the 4.5mm-5mm or the 5-5.5mm studs for my 5mm jackets? A little small or a bit large? Would getting the larger size risk the pearls getting scratched by the diamonds?

I’m not sure because I guessed lol. My diamond studs, for which the jackets were custom made are .70 each, so I think 5.7 mm about. These are 6.5 to 7mm pearls because I didn’t want to go too small since she is going to have a spotlight on her. (Lol) I have to run my dogs to the vet and then I’ll examine this and take some pics. To be honest, it never occurred to me, but for her it will be a one time event for the jackets and studs.

I gotta say though that the jackets really look amazing with the pearls. It really does them up.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @whitewave ! I like the “wow factor” of your studs and if it were a special occasion earring I’d buy the larger set. But long term, I bet it would damage them... although! It does depend on where the pearls fall in the mm range, I guess.

Edit: I’ve done it. I’ve convinced myself that I should try the smaller pearls. Coming Monday via Prime! I’m really hoping it looks nice and I can always exchange for larger pearls if it looks a bit funky (I may go ahead and order the other size too! I’m so impatient!)

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @whitewave ! I like the “wow factor” of your studs and if it were a special occasion earring I’d buy the larger set. But long term, I bet it would damage them... although! It does depend on where the pearls fall in the mm range, I guess.

Edit: I’ve done it. I’ve convinced myself that I should try the smaller pearls. Coming Monday via Prime! I’m really hoping it looks nice and I can always exchange for larger pearls if it looks a bit funky (I may go ahead and order the other size too! I’m so impatient!)

Oh I’m sorry! I forgot to take pics. I slept in today— wow, it’s late. Let me get come coffee and get moving and I’ll investigate how the pearls sit on the jackets.

I can’t wait to see them!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Too small! Going back and I’m reordering the 5-5.5mm. 7A1EB85D-7705-43C3-872F-5932B638285D.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too small! Going back and I’m reordering the 5-5.5mm. 7A1EB85D-7705-43C3-872F-5932B638285D.jpeg

Oh they look great! Once you get the right size, it will be a terrific look! Do you still want me to take pics of mine? Lol. Sorry, one kid came home this weekend and it got crazy around here.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

What size are these one please ?
Im still learning
They are going to be so beautiful when you get the size right

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@whitewave yes! That would be great! I'm now a bit worried the 5mm will be too small! These ones were completely dwarfed in the setting and flopping around.

@Daisys and Diamonds Thank you! These were the 4.5mm-5mm pearls, one measured 4.6mm and one measured 4.7mm with my cheapo calipers. The jackets are designed for 5mm round studs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results