shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl necklace from Takahashi

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just to clarify.. DorotheaB .. that 600$ USD extra was just for the little gold clasp and the earring backs?

Gabor

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! These two Miki strands came my way and I need to make a decision urgently, could you please help me decide which one to keep? I haven't posted in a long time, but I do have some updates for you and also some things to show you! I just have been so busy and never gotten around to take pictures and tell the story...But for now, Yssie, everyone, if you would be so kind to let me know what you think? I am fine with either size and color tone, the smaller one seems to have more green/blue and pink overtones, while the larger one is much more evenly pink, almost no green/blues. I took the picture is front of the window in good natural light (no sun). I'm sot sure which is the best light to take pictures of pearls because they look so different in different lighting, but I think these are pretty close. Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 1.24.13 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 1.23.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 1.23.32 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 1.22.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 1.22.36 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 54

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
ok
Hi everyone! These two Miki strands came my way and I need to make a decision urgently, could you please help me decide which one to keep? I haven't posted in a long time, but I do have some updates for you and also some things to show you! I just have been so busy and never gotten around to take pictures and tell the story...But for now, Yssie, everyone, if you would be so kind to let me know what you think? I am fine with either size and color tone, the smaller one seems to have more green/blue and pink overtones, while the larger one is much more evenly pink, almost no green/blues. I took the picture is front of the window in good natural light (no sun). I'm sot sure which is the best light to take pictures of pearls because they look so different in different lighting, but I think these are pretty close. Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 1.24.13 PM.png

I don’t have nearly the experience of @yssie, but I prefer the larger set - on the right. In every photo.

Looking forward to your updates!

Edited to add you will probably get more traffic and responses if you start your own thread.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the one on the right also. I like the overtones more.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also prefer the right!

It’s been my experience that IRL basically everyone values higher contrast first and foremost. Over glossiness, over cleaner surfaces, even over specific overtone colours. Not everyone, but almost everyone! When reflections of black objects are darker. That is - when the difference between reflections of white objects and reflections of black objects is greater.

I also see more cream/green in the smaller strand, and I prefer the cooler colour of the bigger. But that’s totally just my personal preference.

Last edited:

Gabor

Rough_Rock
ok

I don’t have nearly the experience of @yssie, but I prefer the larger set - on the right. In every photo.

Edited to add you will probably get more traffic and responses if you start your own thread.

I also prefer the right!

It’s been my experience that IRL basically everyone values higher contrast first and foremost. Over glossiness, over cleaner surfaces, even over specific overtone colours. Not everyone, but almost everyone! When reflections of black objects are darker. That is - when the difference between reflections of white objects and reflections of black objects is greater.

I also see more cream/green in the smaller strand, and I prefer the cooler colour of the bigger. But that’s totally just my personal preference.

Thank you for everyone! I also like the larger one more, they actually look better IRL, hard to capture all those parameters IRL. I will let you know if I keep one of these.

Gabor

Rough_Rock
ok

Thank you @bright&shiny , I cannot start a new thread because I started this thread myself, although a good while ago, so I should probably stick to it :)

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @bright&shiny , I cannot start a new thread because I started this thread myself, although a good while ago, so I should probably stick to it :)

I hadn’t noticed that you are the OP. Sorry! I was just hoping to get you more responses :)

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all - just wondering how you get in touch with Takahashi? I did a search on Instagram, but a lot of vendors came up and I want to be sure to get the proper one. Thanks!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gabor what did you decide!? Any updates? Tell us more :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all - just wondering how you get in touch with Takahashi? I did a search on Instagram, but a lot of vendors came up and I want to be sure to get the proper one.
Either of these:
5A650B12-B4AB-4718-A4BF-7C8830E6E142.jpeg

4E3A8DC6-B6ED-4CBE-86EF-B7FFFFE99FA7.jpeg

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Either of these:
5A650B12-B4AB-4718-A4BF-7C8830E6E142.jpeg

4E3A8DC6-B6ED-4CBE-86EF-B7FFFFE99FA7.jpeg

Thank you, @yssie ! I am hoping to find out what the cost of a three strand necklace would be... I don't know if I "need" their level of quality. I have two strands of pearls already, which I dearly love, but I don't know much (ok, nothing) about their quality. The first strand used to be my mother's, a gift from my father almost 60 years ago from Tiffany's, but she basically kept it in her safety deposit box because she doesn't like pearls. Once I discovered them and asked to wear them, she let me take them and keep them.
The second strand is a very long (but not quite opera) strand that my father gifted me upon graduation from high school, and I have worn them, mostly doubled, pretty regularly since then. I think my mother's pearls are higher quality.

Also, do you know if Takahashi has a showroom in NYC?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They don’t have a US presence unfortunately!! If only! :bigsmile:

You should start a new thread - we’d love to see pics of your two strands! ::)

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks! I will do so. =)2

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

i started a thread, but its a little discouraging as it sounds like it might be too expensive a project... i hadnt thought of all the complications!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results