shape
carat
color
clarity

PEARL KNOTTING/STRINGING

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
kas and swedish bean, please do post your pics! I''d love to see your projects, and I have about 4 strands that I need to knot - I need some motivation and inspiration!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I started knotting/stringing a little more than a year ago. I bought the book by Henrietta Virchick and got more information on pearl-guide. I use double thread and it seems easier than single, pre-threaded needle. I can't seem to move the knots with my thumb that close to the pearls, so I use a fine darning needle to push the thread closer and this method work for me. After pushing the knot as close to the pearl as possible, and even if you can't get it very close to the pearl, just separate the 2 threads and pull apart, your knots will move and sit next to the pearl every single time.

Petraay

Rough_Rock
Thanks, your experience is really helpful, however it is very basic of knotting still, basics are usually taken for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results