shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl durability

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t own any pearls yet but I wondered if Pearl bracelets are durable or if you have to worry about scratching or denting the pearls?

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I don’t own any pearls yet but I wondered if Pearl bracelets are durable or if you have to worry about scratching or denting the pearls?

Probably take the bracelet off before you do some bricklaying. Should be fine in normal life unless you are particularly clumsy.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a baby akoya bracelet that I literally have not removed at all in about 2 years, i'm sure it's accumulated small scratches but it still looks great! And still blows mall pearls out of the water. Pearls are of course softer than things like sapphire, but as long as you're not at the gym or rock climbing, you're probably good for daily wear :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like to wear pearls on my wrist except for the two bracelets I made myself using non-expensive pearls from Etsy sellers.

I am expressive and heavy with my hands. I once bent my previous platinum setting of my 1.19ct EC out of shape during one drunken and high-spirited night out in town!

I have 3 single-pearl rings: a Tahitian, a White South Sea and a Sea of Cortez (SoC); plus a SoC mabe ring. I seldom wear them except for events that I know are unlikely to spirited and rowdy, like funerals and very formal dinners, for fear of damaging them.

That's just my preference as I know what I am like after a drink or two and in good company etc...

DK :lol-2:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear pearl bracelet or rings. They would get banged up too much.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe buy a wee fun FW one from etsy or buy some inexspensive Wen pearls and make up your own before you go all out with the $$$$$$$$$
good luck

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Been another year, need to update that thread! No meaningful diff btwn the 2022 scratches and the 2023 scratches. I'm pretty careful with my jewellery, in general... But even given that - pearls don't seem to be nearly as fragile as some websites make them out to be.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all! I may try a small one first.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results