shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Shaped Diamond With A Gold Band

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
So the story goes like this....... my amazing fiance got me a ring from Kwiat (who were really wonderful btw). It was cushion cut, 1.22, F color, SI1 but eye clean, with a halo and pave on the band. It was exactly what I thought I wanted. It was perfect. It just was not me. As heartbreaking as it was, I had to tell my fiance (at a very stressful time in our lives) that the ring I had helped in choosing was not the right one. He took it hard at first but then realized it was my ring and wanted me to be happy. He understood how I fell into the pressures of wanting what my friends and family thought was beautiful and not want I really wanted because what I really wanted was not as mainstream. But when I had this amazingly perfect "wrong" ring on my hand, it hit me and I wanted to start off my life with this person in complete honesty. Lucky for me, he respected me for it and tells me he loves me a bit more.

So after we returned the ring, waited for it to be inspected (to make sure we didn't send them back a fake) we got a refund. So he gave me the exact budget (minus the transactional costs he spent on the first ring) and told me to get what I wanted. Uhhh? Seriously? Hello.... what a dream! Score!

For years I knew what I wanted, but something in my head kept bugging me. I am sure some of you have seen Sex and the City. Well there is an episode where Carrie see the ring Aidan is going to give her and she throws up. She goes to tell the girls about it and tells them what she saw. Pear shaped diamond with a gold band. And Charlotte's response? EEEKK! Well I wanted a pear shaped diamond with a gold band. Why was I letting this small reference in pop culture bother me? It was supposed to be MY ring. But it wasn't just that. When I told close friends and family members what I wanted, their responses were always the same: really? is that what you want? don't you think it is plain? are you sure it isn't too outdated? Yes, I gave in and got something more mainstream (I say mainstream because you look at engagement stores and they are pushing the paves and the halos and the cushions and rounds because most women tend to like them now a days).

So I knew the second time I had to get it right. And I know I did. I am MADLY in love with my ring. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea. Yet, for such a people pleaser like me, for once it is nice not to care!

So here is my Pear Shaped Diamond With A Gold Band:

I originally wanted Tiffany's Bezet but due to price we went with James Allen and it could not have been a better experience and I could not be more in love with the diamond and the setting!

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
:love: Last One! Sorry about the iphone pics, it's all I had!

IMG_0633.JPG

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's gorgeous, the one from sex and the city was very dated and bleh to me but your ring with the bezel i think is very modern and appealing. Good for you for going with your gut!

Do you mind sharing the stats on your new lovely?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you were able to get a ring you truly love. That is what matters. It looks cool and modern and I don't think it's outdated. Maybe Carrie Bradshaw didn't know what she was missing out on. (Btw, I like that episode!)

luckky

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful!!! Congrats!!! and look huge on your finger!! simple but elegant indeed. :love: The most important thing is you got what you love and sing to your heart that all about.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful - that profile view is :love: :love: :love:

ETA: I think I now want a bezel 3 stone based on that profile...argh!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Wasn't the SATC yucky ring a marquise in yellow gold?

Anyhow, your ring is BEAUTIFUL!! And best of all, you know it's "you"! Best wishes and wear it in health and happiness :)

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1306801582|2934081 said:
I think it's gorgeous, the one from sex and the city was very dated and bleh to me but your ring with the bezel i think is very modern and appealing. Good for you for going with your gut!

Do you mind sharing the stats on your new lovely?

Oh my gosh! How un-PSer of me! I got so caught up in the story I forgot!

Shape: Pear Brilliant
Measurements: 9.99 x 6.94 x 4.11
Carat Weight: 1.75
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Total Depth: 59.1%
Table Size: 60%
Culet: Small
Cut: Ideal
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None

Thanks Asscherhalo_lover for reminding me!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just beautiful - good for you for knowing what you want and going after it! Why spend a lifetime unhappy about your ering?

It is sleek and modern - very, very pretty!! Congrats!

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thanks everyone! You all are sooo sweet!! I am glad other people like my ring.... I guess I didn't want to be the only one! But your comments were soo nice and totally made my day!

yiska

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning. It's really striking and I love that everyone will remember it. Beautiful clean, lines :love:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad that you had the courage to tell how you feel and things all worked out in the end. congrats on the ring that's for you, it's beautiful! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Congratulations.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh I love it!! so glad you finally have the ring you always wanted!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your ring! Love the diamond! Love the bezel setting! Love the yellow gold! Love it all! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It certainly is beautiful!!! :love: I really am glad you were honest and told him you had made a mistake. It is SO much better to deal with it immediately rather than always having regrets!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my! :love: Excellent choice!

cheers=Sharon

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
I think it's very sleek and pretty! (Besides, I think Carrie should have chosen Aidan instead of Mr. Big anyhow!)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

littlelanhua

Rough_Rock
Fantastic - I love the sleek profile.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! Kudos to you for getting exactly what you wanted, despite anyone else's opinion! Congrats on your lovely pear!

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Just Lucky - I think its crazy you just posted this!! :shock:

Last week I was telling a girlfriend that I think I was becoming attracted to Pear shaped diamonds as there weren't too many around, and that I loved bezel set rings. She quoted the EXACT same SATC story to me! I'm glad you went with your gut, it looks gorgeous on you! :love:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Such a great shape! I would love a pear of my own someday. Love the setting too!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
OMG, justlucky! I love it!! :love: I currently have pear lust, and love that setting from James Allen, enhances the shape of the pear so much and the shape doesn't getting hidden with 8,000 prongs (seems like jewelers want to put tons of prongs on pear shaped diamonds to keep them safe but sometimes detracts from the diamond/shape). How was your experience with James Allen? What are you thinking for a wedding band? I like that the setting allows a band to sit flush.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pear is stunning! Good for u for getting what you want!!!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I just love your pear! I think it looks very modern with the thin shank and bezel.

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
Thank you sooo much for all the sweet comments! I got into it last night and watched that episode. And while doing so I found all these websites that talk about the ugliest engagement rings........ guess what was number one? The SATC reference, pear shaped diamond with a gold band. I guess now it is funny to laugh about it. Because I think mine is gorgeous and I like that pears are uncommon and I just have never liked white gold or platinum (I love warmer tones like yellow or rose gold).

titian23 isn't it funny how whenever you talk about pear diamonds that little line from SATC comes up? I'm pretty sure I'll be hearing that for the rest of my life. But that's okay with me. I like it, Carrie Bradshaw doesn't have to.

rubybeth, my experience with James Allen was awesome!! They were super helpful and whenever I called or emailed they had quick responses and knew exactly what I was talking about. They kept us updating on what was going on the whole time. We got emails before things even happened most of the time. And they actually emailed us and asked us if they could have an extra day because they said the ring really needed it and instead of meeting the deadline they would rather it be better quality. Oh and listen to this... we got the ring and I totally forgot that there was a PS discount! I called them after the ring had gone into production and they approved it and we are getting the check in the mail for the difference. How awesome is that? Of course, I wanted my ring but what is a day if your ring looks better? And yes, I am excited a band will sit flush, I wanted a low setting but the basket is the perfect height and is simple and open. Ironically I ended up liking it much much better than the Tiffany Bezet Pear because the basket had a lot more to it. I like things to be simple and this fit the bill perfectly. As for wedding bands, I have a few ideas:
Choice 1: Tiffany Bezet Band Ring http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP02694&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+3-c+288152-r+101323339-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+
Choice 2: James Allen Zig Zag 4mm Bezel http://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-and-anniversary/Ladies-Diamond-Rings/ring/item_493-4607.asp
Choice 3: Simple gold band (doesn't have to be this exact one) http://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-and-anniversary/Classic-Wedding-Rings/ring/item_502-4679.asp

Frankly, I have NO idea. Right now, I am guessing the simple gold band because I like clean lines. I know that if there are diamonds in the band, I want them bezel set to tie it into the ering. I have never seen anyone with a ring like mine so I have NO idea what will look good with it.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love pears!!!! The SATC ring had a funky setting and I don't mean the prongs either. It also wasn't a big - fat- gorgeous pear like yours. I've always liked them!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results