shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Shaped Diamond With A Gold Band

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
Looking back at the pictures, I am a bit sad! I need BETTER ones. FYI, that isn't a bowtie in the pear! It is a shadow from the band underneath. I will try to get better ones!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
nfowife|1306802004|2934092 said:
Wasn't the SATC yucky ring a marquise in yellow gold?

Anyhow, your ring is BEAUTIFUL!! And best of all, you know it's "you"! Best wishes and wear it in health and happiness :)

Nope, it was a pear.

Absolutely gorgeous! :appl:

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
Thanks Everyone!
And for all the pear lovers out there..... the ratio is 1.44. I forgot to post that with the stats.

Adenium

Rough_Rock
Thank you for posting your beautiful ring! I love how it's a bezel but doesn't look heavy or chunky as it's fairly thin.

I've been searching for an engagement ring for months and months, and changed from wanting a radiant, to an asscher, to most recently a pear (in the meantime I've been rocking a $35 simulant princess halo ring that actually grew on me). I'm in the slow search for a perfect pear setting, but it's hard to judge as I never see them in real life and rarely on the boards. So your post is perfect! When I've finished my grad school applications I'll have to start my own threads searching for a stone, in the meantime I lurk and grow green with envy.

When you add more photos, can you include some side/angle shots of it on your hand? I'm wondering what the height looks like. Also, do you mind posting your ring size? The proportions look lovely on you. I guess I'm lucky I never watched SATC - jewelers have mentioned to me that pears are frequently cheaper and less desirable, but I've never really cared. I think they look interesting, and pooey on those who don't like them. They can have their own favorite shapes.

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
Adenium|1306862604|2934559 said:
Thank you for posting your beautiful ring! I love how it's a bezel but doesn't look heavy or chunky as it's fairly thin.

I've been searching for an engagement ring for months and months, and changed from wanting a radiant, to an asscher, to most recently a pear (in the meantime I've been rocking a $35 simulant princess halo ring that actually grew on me). I'm in the slow search for a perfect pear setting, but it's hard to judge as I never see them in real life and rarely on the boards. So your post is perfect! When I've finished my grad school applications I'll have to start my own threads searching for a stone, in the meantime I lurk and grow green with envy.

When you add more photos, can you include some side/angle shots of it on your hand? I'm wondering what the height looks like. Also, do you mind posting your ring size? The proportions look lovely on you. I guess I'm lucky I never watched SATC - jewelers have mentioned to me that pears are frequently cheaper and less desirable, but I've never really cared. I think they look interesting, and pooey on those who don't like them. They can have their own favorite shapes.

Adenium,

Sure! It may take a few days. My fiance is actually a wonderful photographer so I can ask him to break out his nice camera this weekend. I doubt he will mind :) My ring size is 6.25 (Although, my fingers are weird and get puffy at certain times of day or when I eat lots of salt so I could have fit in either a 6 or a 6.5) I have a right hand ring that I wore before we were engaged on my right ring finger and that was a 6 and it was perfect but hurt a bit when I puffed out. I liked the feeling of 6.5 but was terrified it would fall off when I wasn't puffy. So since my size is wonky consider me between a 6 and a 6.5. I could fall anywhere. I actually just finished law school so I certainly know the stress of applications! I do not remember those days fondly!!! But its so smart of you to wear a simulant ring! I wish I had thought of that before I decided I wanted the "wrong" ring. It is nice that they have their own shapes. I liked that. I personally wanted a chunkier, fatter pear instead of a skinnier, longer one. So the 1.44 ratio was perfect for me!! As for the price, well that was the BEST part! Pears give you so much more to play with. While there are fewer on the market it seems, you can really get something amazing for your money. I liked round diamonds as well (probably one of the most "in demand" diamond shapes) and I would have gotten a MUCH smaller diamond for the price. I think I would have ended up with a 1.15-1.35 round or a 1.20-1.50 cushion (of the same ranges for color and clarity) for the same price as I got my pear. And mine is 1.75!!!! Plus pears look bigger, which I loved. Like I said in my old post, I had a 1.22 cushion before this (for all of 5 days before we returned it) and I can tell such a HUGE size difference. It blows my mind. And the cushion ring had a halo and my pear looks massive compared to it. I guess I am a size gal. What can I say? I didn't mind getting an extremely simple setting ($775) compared to a super expensive one with the cushion, going down in color, going up in clarity and going soo much more in size for the same price. To me, it was the deal of a lifetime!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
pancake|1306801830|2934087 said:
Beautiful - that profile view is :love: :love: :love:

ETA: I think I now want a bezel 3 stone based on that profile...argh!

Wow!!!! :love: :love: :love: Your ring is simply amazing-elegant, and let's that stone shine! You shouldn't listen to what other people say--YOU are the one who wears it, and you wear it well!

I quoted pancake above, because that is my dream reset for my three stone Asscher. I wonder if James Allen would do that?!?

Congratulations on your awesome reset!

BoulderGal

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! Good for you that you were able to get the perfect ring for you!!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love a pear in a bezel setting and think your ring is gorgeous! I actually had an itch to get a bezeled pear and ended up getting a pear tourmaline and put it in a rose gold bezel setting. I love how the bezel really accentuates the shape of the stone...it's a unique ring and I'm glad you love it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its beautiful! Glad you figured out what you wanted and got it!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reeeeeeeeally like this ring.
So clean.
So classic.

Honestly, one of my top favorite rings EVER posted on PS.

Screen shot 2011-05-31 at 1.15.53 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-05-31 at 1.32.02 PM.png

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
Thanks!! Kenny, With that picture you re-posted you can actually see the engraving!!!

It says: "Fillmore & Greenwich"

It has a super special meaning to my fiance and I. We met in kind of a CRAZY way. I had just gotten into law school and was out celebrating with my girlfriends in San Francisco. He was out with some guy friends watching the final four games in San Francisco. He lived on the opposite side of the bay area from me (probably an hour and half apart) and we each lived 45 mins from San Francisco. My friends and I were looking for an ATM so that we could pay for a cover to get into a bar. Him and his friends were on their way back to his friends place to crash since they had been drinking and watching games all day. My friends and I were lost and so we decided that the next group of people we see, we are going to ask them where an ATM is. Well it turned out to be his group of friends and him. He was walking down Fillmore and I was walking up Greenwich. So we met on a street corner. They showed us to an ATM and decided to join us at the bar. And we were inseparable ever since! But is a nice little reminder of where it all started, on the corner of Fillmore and Greenwich. It is funny to think about because if our days had been off just by a second, a minute, and hour then we probably would not have met.

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
kenny|1306873122|2934673 said:
I reeeeeeeeally like this ring.
So clean.
So classic.

Honestly, one of my top favorite rings EVER posted don PS.

Awwww! Thanks Kenny!!!! I am quite partial to it! But that is amazing to hear!!!!!! I also love how classic and clean it looks. I love how it is modern and classic all at the same time. I am confident that my ring will look good now and in 20-30 years.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, I just love pears!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite setting EVER for a pear! I love bezels, yellow gold and outlining the shape of the pear is just perfect! absolutely gorgeous! :love:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Im so glad you got what you wanted!!!! That ring looks beautiful. Just beautiful. ENJOY!! I love love love the gold paired with a pear!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
This is beautiful! I actually had to look up the sex and the city ring (I remember that episode but I don't remember what it looked like) and A.) I didn't see anything wrong with it and B.) I like yours better anyway :)

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
looks great!!! You must have tiny fingers! :)

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
It is so funny how one comment from someone can stay with us and make us think twice about something we love! I'm so glad you realized what you truly wanted and you have an amazing and understanding fiance'!!!! I'm sure your first ring was lovely but that is no dated sex and the city pear you have there. That is one very juicy and delicious pear!!!!!!!!!!!! Wear it in good health and congratulations, its a stunner!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Classic, elegant and absolutely stunning! This is a look that won't date. You'll love the size, the shape and the look for years to come.

Congratulations on your engagement and how good of you to speak up for what you really want. I loved your engraving and your story. A beautiful reminder of where it all started. :)

Now...

MORE PICTURES!

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
your ring is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE pears and your setting is PERFECT!! :love: Congrats! :appl: :appl: :appl:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh wow, your ring is so striking - absolutely GORGEOUS! that setting was MADE for that diamond! yup, definitely one of my absolute favorites on PS! i am so happy you followed your heart and your DF supported you the way he did. enjoy!!

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
I have never watched a single episode of that show.
Your ring is perfect.
Love the story behind the engraving...
might be a good place for a wedding pic?

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
Thanks Everyone!

I am very very lucky!!!

Oh and sparkyforever, I am dying to get either an engagement pic or a wedding pic there. I'll make it happen somehow! :D

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous - I adore your ring! I find pears to be graceful and feminine and I love the setting for yours. Magnificent. :appl: :love: :appl:

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
I really love this ring. So simple and classic. I'm not normally a pear fan, but your ring is making me a convert! Just lovely...

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Beautiful :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved a beautiful pear cut. :appl:

Your ring is super pretty, and the pear is just gorgeous. :love: I am so happy that you got what you truly love! Congrats!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, that is one seriously gorgeous ring. Not outdated or plain at all! Modern and stunning and just all kinds of pear-ish goodness.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When i saw the title of your thread, I got knew you were talking about SATC! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring!!!! (and I really don't like pears in general) The bezel and shank are so delicate and the size is amazing on your hand. Good for you for getting what you love :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results