shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Pendant for my mom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
About 20 years ago, when I was a teenager, my mom was diagnosed with cancer of the thyroid. She had it removed, went through the treatments and survived. (thank god). But ever since she''s been very self conscious of the scar around her neck. Over the years it''s healed up pretty well I think, but I know it still makes her uncomfortable.
So I thought, as her b-day was in October, and I''m finally in a place where I can afford to do something nice for her, why not get her a beautiful pendant that will move her eyes away from her neck and onto something sparkly!

So here it is. A GIA F,VS1 Pear, .53ct. on a platinum DBTY necklace with 11 .03 ACA melee. It''s 18 inches with 2 jump rings on either side for the days she wants to wear it shorter.

I managed to get 3 pics in and now I need to run to my parents.

Hope you enjoy.

mymomspear.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
close up

mymomspear2.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
horrible pic but you get the idea
1.gif

pearonme.jpg

jillian56789

Rough_Rock
oh my goodness... that is so beautiful... what a wonderful and thoughtful gift for your mom! My younger sister had the same cancer at 13yrs. old, so I totally understand how they feel about the scar.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it's beautiful!! And the reason behind even more so.

I love the melee on the chain and the pendant is simply gorgeous. What a thoughtful gift.

I was so afraid of jump rings with a stationary fixed vs. sliding pendant. Now, I think I changed my mind. Poor Yekutiel, he's going to want to choke me with my pendant. I'm going to tell him that it is all elle's fault, when I call him Monday to have it changed before he sends it out to me.
17.gif

p.s. Did you get the pendant from a PS vendor? It's fabulous. You have a great neck too!
ETA: Never mind, I just found your other thread. It's a WF piece. It is DELISH!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the prettiest necklaces I have ever seen!! Elegant, classic, it''s stunning! What a wonderful thing to do for your mom, she will be so thrilled...not only with the pendant, but with the fact that you did something so special for her.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
so beautiful and thoughtful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Extraordinarily beautiful - and the thought and love behind it so meaningful.

You are a wonderful daughter - she is gonna LOVE that pendant!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very elegant! Beautiful gift.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw Elle! It''s a gorgeous pendant, and a gorgeous spirit in which it was purchased!
36.gif

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
That is GORGEOUS!!!!!! And so unique! What a nice thought!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful necklace. You are so sweet to buy it for your mother. I''m sure she will love wearing it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful necklace! Your mom is a survivor and she totally deserves this beauty!

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
aww elle_chris

such nice thought and idea, sorry about the past problem on your mom''s health, my warm hugs and prayers are with her.
Your gift is lovely, wonderful congratulations!
Have a nice weekend
Hugs
Monica

P.S.> addicted to photos please after give her this gift please post a pic of the the gang
31.gif
>> (mom, pendant and chain with the earrings)...lol
16.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful necklace. You`re very thoughtful and sweet. I`m sure your mom will love it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your pendant is so beautiful; your mom will treasure it! What a sweet daughter!!! It is absolutely gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Such a gorgeous necklace and I think it''s such a sweet gesture for you to get this necklace for your mom!

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is just gorgeous. She is going to love it !!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful necklace! I''m sure your mum is going to love it and wear it with love and good health.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful and the stone is a great size! I''m sure she will be more than thrilled!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful necklace. You''re a great daughter for treating your mom. I''m glad she''s healthy after all these years.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle- it is such a thoughtful and beautiful gift to give to your mom! you are such a wonderful daughter
face16.gif
and you have great taste
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful and sweet daughter you are. The pendant is gorgeous and your mom will treasure it forever. I just love it and the thought behind it.

gls

Shiny_Rock
I had the same cancer a few years back at 19. Although my surgeon told me it''s the "best type of cancer to have" I wouldn''t wish it upon anyone.

Ditto to everyone else''s comments about you being such a fantastic daughter. Unfortunately the thyroid replacement pills and the scar is a constant reminder of what she has gone through for her, but now she has a gorgeous piece of bling to distract her thoughts and to remember how lucky she is to be here with a family that obviously loves her so much.

May she wear it with health for many many years to come!
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pendant! Your mom will love it.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! That is an awesome present and your mom is going to love that!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is my dream necklace. I think pears are so flattering on the neck. Very thoughtful gift. Your mom will love it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely perfect! Please tell us what your mom thinks, I am sure she will loooove it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING!! What a lucky lady your mum is! It looks great on you, too!
30.gif
30.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in love with this necklace, it''s so pretty and I''m a sucker for pears :). The design is absolutely fab! I''m sure she''ll love it, it sounds like you''re a very thoughtful daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results