shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LarissaBr

Rough_Rock
I have read several diamond buying guides. My question is how difficult is it for a diamond cutter to cut an absolutely perfectly symmetrical pear diamond? Is it common on a pear diamond for it to appear misshapen at different angles when the light goes through it and reflects off the facets? The reason I ask is I recently purchased a pear and it looks beautifiul but its shape may be slightly off (barely), however, at different angles it appears more off than looking straight down on it (pretty close to perfectly shaped). I wonder if the prongs throw my perception off, otherwise the stone is beautiful! It is very white, bright, sparkly, very clear (transparent), and no visible inclusions despite its SI1 clarity and I color (1.23ct). Of course there is a bow tie but it does not seem to dull the stone and the bow tie is only apparent in bright light (esp. sunlight). Other measurements: Depth 66% Table: 59% Girdle: sl thick to v. thick Crown: 14.3% Pavilioin: 44.6% Cutlet and fluorescence: none GOOD finish and polish

According to the AGA guide some of the measurements are ideal and other domestic, but overall it is not a dull stone at all just not PERFECTLY symmetrical especially as it descends into the tip. Also, what exactly does the UGS appraisal price mean and has that gone up or down since 4/00? I think I paid $3951 for the stone with a UGS appraisal value of $9040 in 4/2000.

I sure hope I chose a stone well for I hope to pass it down to one of my daughters. Thank You.

Larissa:read:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results