shape
carat
color
clarity

Peanut Butter & Jelly - An OPALant Delight

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once upon a time there was some dude posting pics about a pirate wedding. And then something about his dad fishing with business associates. Stuff I kinda glanced at peripherally. Then @kenny started making Yoo-hoo Jordy threads like this:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/am-i-sexually-harassing-jordyonbass.217815/

And all of a sudden PSers were like who is this lovely human that handles @kenny's flirtations with such good humor and grace?

Fast forward and @jordyonbass goes trade and he's opal this opal that. One time I go looking for his opal shop and google "ms opal" instead of "m's opal world" and land on this:
IMG_3838.PNG
So then I asked Jordy if he was in the opal AND wigs trade!:lol-2:

Ok enough yada yada...
Some stats:
Opal: 1.45 carats, brightness is B2, body tone is an N3, 8.2 x 6.6 x 3.6mm

Ring: 18kt white gold coated in Black Rhodium, East-West, scalloped diamond halo of F si1 at 1.5 points each, comfort fit band, milgrain around bezel

My opal:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/561059166/black-opal-145-ct-lightning-ridge-opal?show_sold_out_detail=1

The original colored stone thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opal-project-with-ms-opal-world.237495/

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The name of the ring lolol. Well, since it was a Pinto Bean project with Jordy, I thought it was cute to name it PB&J like peanut butter and jelly!

And how can I forget the jeweler who created the ring - handsome Sergio with the sexy voice. I swear he sounds like a pet shop boy when he speaks:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's hard to tell in these pics the lovely nature of the black rhodium WG until you see it next to white rhodium WG. Pollo came out to play for these pics.
IMG_3810.JPG IMG_3811.JPG IMG_3812.JPG

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rest of the photos are under CFLs and LEDs around my house. I'm totally enjoying the color play of the opal.
IMG_3805.JPG IMG_3806.JPG IMG_3816.JPG IMG_3817.JPG IMG_3818.JPG IMG_3819.JPG IMG_3820.JPG IMG_3821.JPG

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a little bit jealous.
Sad face.
I WANT ONE TOO - aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so in love with this opal :love: I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it before. The colour is just luminous :razz:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will say that since my husband died, my tastes have veered darker. This was the summer of dark pedicures as opposed to bright sunny colors. My hair color's even darker. I've always loved blues that were cool and light blue+green+grays like my husband's eyes. And then when he died I found myself drawn to the dark opals that flashed deeper but still cool blues greens and purples nested in a black pool. I also felt my teenage angst bubble back up with all this gothy widowness lol and found myself youtubing a lot of Tori:
A few more indoor pics:
IMG_3822.JPG IMG_3825.JPG IMG_3828.JPG IMG_3829.JPG IMG_3831.JPG IMG_3832.JPG IMG_3833.JPG IMG_3836.JPG

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard the opal described as peering into a galaxy. I see that. I also see the Tori song posted above:
These tears I've cried
I've cried 1000 oceans
And if it seems
I'm floating in the darkness
Well, I can't believe that I would keep
Keep you from flying
And I would cry 1000 more
If that's what it takes
To sail you home
Sail you home
Sail you home

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! It's so far removed from your normal honkers of diamonds. It's such a pretty, captivating stone & the setting & dark tone suit it perfectly. Now you'll have to buy more opals for your ears & neck so that you have a set!

On a side note, I do hope that you can find your way back to the bright & light Pinto once you've explored this darker side. Your jewels from this time will have a story for the future when you are in a better & happier place. But I do love the widow humour :twisted2:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a spectacular opal PB! :eek2: You’ve chosen an fantastic setting for it. Wear it in a happy gothy gloom - I hope you’re finding more light in the darkness as the days go by.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. I absolutely love it. So, so moody and inscrutable.

As *soon* as I saw it, I thought of this:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will say that since my husband died, my tastes have veered darker. This was the summer of dark pedicures as opposed to bright sunny colors. My hair color's even darker. I've always loved blues that were cool and light blue+green+grays like my husband's eyes. And then when he died I found myself drawn to the dark opals that flashed deeper but still cool blues greens and purples nested in a black pool. I also felt my teenage angst bubble back up with all this gothy widowness lol and found myself youtubing a lot of Tori:

Awesome opal! @PintoBean You should YouTube “Wild Way.” :) I’m a huge Tori fan! And opal fan. :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB it's OPALicious! :love:
I LOVE the profile and I love the whole ring. It is beautiful and I hope you are very happy with it! It's soft and pretty yet bold...just like you:halo:

im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

Nice job @jordyonbass and Sergio and @PintoBean!

chunkstyle.gif
dance_3_7.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous opal and setting! Love the EastWest orientation. Loove the colours. Loove the gallery. More pics please!

So sorry to hear you are a widow. Your late husband sounds like he was a very special person. All the best finding your way again through live, with some dark side experiences as well as new light

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, I admit I'm slightly biased because I've been watching the Commonwealth games and feel the need to yell Aussie, Aussie Aussie oi, oi, oi OY at your ring - ask Jordy it's a cultural thing.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - I've never seen an opal that color before. It is mesmerizing Pinto! Beautiful ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out lovely Pinto! The color of that opal is amazing! Nothing like what I'm used to seeing. I also really like
that you went with the E/W orientation...unique and lovely!

Edit...the name is perfect!

Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB, it’s stunning :kiss2:. All of those colors and design details are perfect together and so elegant, yet somehow not the typical elegant. It really draws you in and captivated you.

Amazing creation, and I have a feeling we might be seeing more opal creations around here soon! :lol:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just wow!!! That color is bold and beautiful! !!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean and @jordyonbass

Congratulations!! Fabulous ring and with such attitude. Totally fits you Pinto. Jordy...new career??

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
PB it's OPALicious! :love:
I LOVE the profile and I love the whole ring. It is beautiful and I hope you are very happy with it! It's soft and pretty yet bold...just like you:halo:

im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

Nice job @jordyonbass and Sergio and @PintoBean!

chunkstyle.gif
dance_3_7.gif
I can't say it better than that! It's lovely! Thanks for sharing it!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I’m Jelly! Love this!

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's very cool. Never saw an opal like that

Q

Queenie60

This is the most beautiful Opal I've ever seen! Enjoy it PB.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous opal and ring! :love:

You, @jordyonbass and Sergio have created a beautiful piece of art!

If I weren't so humble I'd suggest that the halo of diamonds represents all of us here on PS surrounding you with light, support and a sparkling hug. :whistle:

So good to see Pollo, too! Its been too long!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color of your opal! It's so beautiful. I've never seen an opal this color. I love blue and opal is my birthstone. I may need one, hehe. The E/W setting is awesome. I love it!! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results