shape
carat
color
clarity

Peacock Tahitian Earring Drops

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still just dipping my toes into this whole pearl madness, lol. I've been quite drawn to peacock tahitians. I've never seen them IRL though. so I bought an inexpensive pair of 12.5mm peacock Tahitian drops and a 12.2mm greenish grey Tahitian pendant from The Pearl Source. I'm a bit bummed though. Now that I look at the photos of them on, I'm thinking they don't go with my coloring at all. Ah well that is why I bought cheap ones to start with. I'm thinking it's the greenish hue that doesn't go so well.

PS Peacock Tahitian Pearl Earrings.jpg

IMG_3244 (002).jpg

IMG_3249 (002).jpg

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Well, I think they look great on you! What color do you think would work better?

I genuinely like them, and like them on you, but you may not want to listen to me: I confess that when it comes to jewelry I wear what I want and like, and damn the torpedoes.

All that said, buying more Tahitians is an activity I am solidly behind, as long as you can eat and keep a roof over your head!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try them with different colored clothing! And view them in different lighting.
Tahitians can be chameleons.

The lighting in your first photo is a bit yellowish.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I disagree, they look wonderful on you!
Tahitians look great on all skin tones and coloring.
Wear them a while to get used to how they look on you.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think they look great on you! What color do you think would work better?

I genuinely like them, and like them on you, but you may not want to listen to me: I confess that when it comes to jewelry I wear what I want and like, and damn the torpedoes.

All that said, buying more Tahitians is an activity I am solidly behind, as long as you can eat and keep a roof over your head!

Try them with different colored clothing! And view them in different lighting.
Tahitians can be chameleons.

The lighting in your first photo is a bit yellowish.

I disagree, they look wonderful on you!
Tahitians look great on all skin tones and coloring.
Wear them a while to get used to how they look on you.

Thanks guys! Maybe it was the initial look and my bathroom lighting, lol. I've been wearing them and just had another long look and they are growing on me. This is probably bad news for my wallet, though.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm still just dipping my toes into this whole pearl madness, lol. I've been quite drawn to peacock tahitians. I've never seen them IRL though. so I bought an inexpensive pair of 12.5mm peacock Tahitian drops and a 12.2mm greenish grey Tahitian pendant from The Pearl Source. I'm a bit bummed though. Now that I look at the photos of them on, I'm thinking they don't go with my coloring at all. Ah well that is why I bought cheap ones to start with. I'm thinking it's the greenish hue that doesn't go so well.

PS Peacock Tahitian Pearl Earrings.jpg

IMG_3244 (002).jpg

IMG_3249 (002).jpg

these both look beyound lovely
maybe you just have to get used to them

by wearing them every day for a while

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! Maybe it was the initial look and my bathroom lighting, lol. I've been wearing them and just had another long look and they are growing on me. This is probably bad news for my wallet, though.

:appl:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think the lustre is great and the colour works well.
I do understand your initial concern. We have in our minds a piocture of exactly what we are expecting and sometimes the reality is different. I have, many times, ordered in something, looked at it , meh ...tossed it to the back of a drawer....months ( sometimes years) later I find it and think " oh wow this is really nice " No idea as to why I didn't like it initially.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do understand your initial concern. We have in our minds a piocture of exactly what we are expecting and sometimes the reality is different. I have, many times, ordered in something, looked at it , meh ...tossed it to the back of a drawer....months ( sometimes years) later I find it and think " oh wow this is really nice " No idea as to why I didn't like it initially.

Exactly. No idea of why I thought they looked bad. They have really grown on me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

that's what i keep hopping will happen with a few of my mall pieces not brought on sale :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results