shape
carat
color
clarity

Peachy Apricot Spinel - Window?

IrisSphere

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I am on the hunt for a peachy/pink spinel I can use for my 30th birthday ring, and came across this one on DiamondBistro:
http://www.diamondbistro.com/category/234/Spinel/listings/44525/PeachApricot-Color-Shift-Spinel.html

It looks like a nice size and the colour is close to what i was looking for (though i'd wish it was a little more pink). But the one thing I'm not sure about because I am still new to gemstones is the window - would you say this stone has one and if I set it in a Rose Gold halo setting from Lord of Gems would it remain the same?

Thank you!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask the seller for the depth of the spinel. The stone is tilted in all the pictures so I'd say it has a tilt window for sure. Quite a large one at times too, so it is possible that it might have a window when viewed straight down.

IrisSphere

Rough_Rock
Thank you, will do! So much to learn.. plus the tiny budget doesn't help.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes a very small window will "close" or not be visible when the stone is set. This gems seems to have a rather large window that I think will be obvious after setting the stone.

S

SparkliesLuver

I came across a really pretty light pink trillion spinel and thought of you. However, I know you said "peach" in your description. Let me know if you'd be interested and I can post the link. If not, no worries!

IrisSphere

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I looking for a soft pastel/peachy pink (i suppose closer to the colour of morganite, but more durable, hence the spinel). I'd love to see the link :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results