shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try doing a search on here for pave. YIKES!

Can someone tell me the different types of pave ... with pictures.

I am trying to explain something to someone about pave... and can''t get accross what I want.

Help?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I think on Leon Mege''s site there is some educational writing and some graphic photos.

I think his site is www.artofplatinum.com

Rockdoc

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 10:11:10 AM
Author: Pricescope
http://www.artofplatinum.com/articles/micropave.php

How''s your ring development going Gypsy?
I''m just curious - which is the MOST appropriate place to create a thread on ring design? I have thought of this for a while... this doesn''t seem right, smtr doesn''t, hangout doesn''t.... none of them seem altogether wrong, just wondering if there was one that the moderators considered better than the others?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

this article is on micropave - are there differences between pave and micropave other than diamond size? Hey this would make another good talk! beadset, fishtail, shared prong, prong, pave, micropave!! hehe

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
cehra- i''d do your ring design thread here in RT.

gypsy, art of platinum is a good place. also, bluenile has some diagrams with definitions of the different styles of pave that might be helpful.

i started a thread a while back when I was considering a Michael b ring and I had a beadset pave and fishtail pave sent to me. here''s the thread with pics that might be helpful????

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/michael-b-princess-rings-style-differences.44948/

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just posted a suggested new thread -- a picture dictionary, for those still learning the basics of ring design. Word, definition, picture showing the detail mentioned. Any takers?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy,
Here''s a close-up of my fishtail pave. John at WF called it "pave plus". Hope this helps!
Lynn

120.jpg

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Lynn....i LOOOOOVEEE the pic! It is a perfect shot of the pave and the prongs!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 11:41:10 AM
Author: mrssalvo

gypsy, art of platinum is a good place. also, bluenile has some diagrams with definitions of the different styles of pave that might be helpful.

i started a thread a while back when I was considering a Michael b ring and I had a beadset pave and fishtail pave sent to me. here''s the thread with pics that might be helpful????

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/michael-b-princess-rings-style-differences.44948/
thanks for all of this mrs salvo - btw how is your setting hunt going?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 11:41:10 AM
Author: mrssalvo

I couldn''t find the info on bluenile you were talking about.... I know I''ve seen an extensive area before but I can''t find links to it from their main pages/?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gonna read the leon article tomorrow night. THANK YOU. MrsS and Lynn... thanks for your illustrations... very helpful.

Irina... I''m working on something...but I feel like I''ve tried the forum''s patience with my NUMEROUS ring designs... and my indecision so I''m trying not to post too much....

I do have a question though... I do NOT like the type of pave (whatever it is) in the next two pics and I do like the pave I''m going to post after that... can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two?

Do NOT like:

36J18.jpg

37J18.jpg

DO like:

52P18.jpg

37P18.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 12:29:23 AM
Author: Gypsy

Gonna read the leon article tomorrow night. THANK YOU. MrsS and Lynn... thanks for your illustrations... very helpful.

Irina... I''m working on something...but I feel like I''ve tried the forum''s patience with my NUMEROUS ring designs... and my indecision so I''m trying not to post too much....

I do have a question though... I do NOT like the type of pave (whatever it is) in the next two pics and I do like the pave I''m going to post after that... can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two?
I THINK but could be wrong - that the bottom two are bright cut - the ratio of metal to diamonds is higher - in the first tw you have larger diamonds with smaller beads of metal - in the bottom two you have much larger pieces of metal and smaller diamonds.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
If I had to venture a guess, the first two just look like 'regular' pave, and the second two micropave which uses smaller stones - you may just have a taste for smaller stones. Hopefully others will chime in - I can't count the # of prongs very easily on the pics

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 12:39:02 AM
Author: :)
If I had to venture a guess, the first two just look like ''regular'' pave, and the second two micropave which uses smaller stones - you may just have a taste for smaller stones. Hopefully others will chime in - I can''t count the # of prongs very easily on the pics

I agree. the first ring is regular pave on a wider band and the stone look larger in the second ring pic. also, there is a metal edge on the shank. the michael b rings are micropave and the 3 sided one has no metal edge.

gypsy, maybe call pearlman''s and see if Bill can help explain the differences in those ring style''s. since he carries both designers he''d know exactly what your talking about and be able to give you the technical terms you''re looking for.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That might be a good idea MsS! He''s open on Saturday''s so that shouldn''t be a problem... or I could just send him an email with the link to this post too.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 3:21:42 PM
That might be a good idea MsS! He''s open on Saturday''s so that shouldn''t be a problem... or I could just send him an email with the link to this post too.

I don''t think they are open on saturdays, they just take appointments. he''s quick to respond to email so that''s always a great option. Please let us know what you find out.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Gypsy
35.gif

Just checking in to say hi! What design have u got up your sleeves for your ring
2.gif
?

xoxo

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 4:47:27 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Hey Gypsy
35.gif

Just checking in to say hi! What design have u got up your sleeves for your ring
2.gif
?

xoxo
yeah, I know you don''t want to "drag us through this" again but we do it because we enjoy it LOL

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well. I want a new setting... since my was polished at Joe Escrobar its yellowing at a ALARMING rate.

BUT moving out to CA and the wedding (which is on hold AGAIN), and the fact that we JUST found renters for our house in NJ (which we can''t sell yet) and they aren''t moving in till mid-Feb (two months mortgage payments I REALLY was hoping we wouldn''t have to pay without offsetting with rent)... has us strapped for cash. BUT our 8 year anniversary is coming up in June AND I''ve (if they EVER get this finalized) got some $$ coming for signing with this company... plus tax returns.... SO I was looking at some jewelry as DF wanted to get me something for our anniversary and ... I got to thinking that I never asked WF for the prices for the setting in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/am-i-hallucinating.46718/ ... specifically the Daniel K copy.... SO I got the price and in 14 K (which is what my 2K custom Joe Escrobar setting was going to be done in) it is EXTREMELY affordable. Under 400 bucks. That''s with G-H VS ACA. And was like "HOLY COW." That''s not a big dent in the finances AT ALL. THEN Leslie sent me a pic of an asscher halo that isn''t on the Adwar site... and that one is under $500 in 14K same ACA melee. AND there is a square halo on Adwar also $500 bucks.

WF can get in 2 settings for me. I pick one, they send the other back with only a $20 fee for re-stocking.

I REALLY wanted the split crown especially once I saw the larger pic of it posted below... but its for a 6.5 x 6.5 asscher and until the WF setter looks at it, he won''t know if it will work with my asscher.

And I''m worried about the type of pave the asscher halo will take...

SO... can you all give you your advice on what you think of these.. which you''d pick???

Here''s the bigger pic of the Daniel K copy:

adwar daniel K setting1.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I figure even if this isn''t my ''forever setting'' for the price... it doesn''t matter and I can set it with a nice colored stone when and if I want to reset again later.

Here''s the 5.8 x 5.8 asscher halo they have, but isn''t pictured on their site (my diamond is 5.87 x 5.86) .. .I''m afraid that the diamond holes are too far apart. I''ve asked Leslie if the setting can be ordered without the holes in the halo... so WF can put the holes in closer together...

What do you think? I think with some milgrain around the edge of the halo AND around the bezel... well... what do you think?

adwar pave halo1.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This page on Adwar has the square halo for a 6 x 6 stone. The thinner one in the third row down.

image.jpg

Don''t know whose halo this is... but it my FAVORITE halo on here. I thought that MAYBE the square halo above would look a LITTLE like this one (in proportion and type of pave) ...

close%20up30.jpg

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Both of the settings are beautiful...but I always liked the Daniel K one :)

But you can't go wrong with either one!!!

I'm actually curious with the Daniel K myself
1.gif
...Please post if WF can do anything to fit a smaller asscher!!!

Thanks

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gypsy, the halo ring you posted was taken by Dee Jay and it''s a Jack Kelege setting.

We''ll since the DK split crown is one of my all time favorite settigs that one would get my vote. I''m really excited to see how WF finishes an adwar setting and how it will look with the aca''s. I think you''ve got to just decide which style you want and for $20 to be able to have both of them sent to you, I just do that.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I''m EXCITED for ya! I hope you do find a setting you like better than your current one, even if it''s not the future "dream" setting.

Like Mrssalvo -- I''d select the split crown for MYSELF ... as I''ve loved it and obsessed about it since the day I first saw it (a couple days AFTER I''d committed to my own setting - HA!
3.gif
)

BUT

For YOU ... halo-lover-extrordiaire ... I kinda feel like this is your big chance to TRY the halo in a non-budget-busting way & see, for once & for all, if it scratches the itch you''re hoping it will with that awesome Asscher of yours. Octagonal or square ... whichever appeals to you more. Octagonal would probably be more user friendly (less snagging) but Square would probably look a smidge bigger.

36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. Plans just hit a snag.

A trusted vendor on here-- who happens to have my email as a result of previous consultations-- saw my post and just told me that Adwar's stuff is "crap" and that -- for someone as fussy as myself-- it's not a good idea.

I 100% trust this vendor, and he has no shady motives to talk me out of this. Just advising me not to waste money.

*sigh*

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 12:30:41 PM

A trusted vendor on here-- who happens to have my email as a result of previous consultations-- saw my post and just told me that Adwar's stuff is 'crap' and that -- for someone as fussy as myself-- it's not a good idea.

I 100% trust this vendor, and he has no shady motives to talk me out of this. Just advising me not to waste money.

*sigh*
too bad, because you must have spent AGES trying to navigate their annoying catalogs!! (unless you figured out something I didn't!!!!)
Anyway, I think it was CPSTER?? (sorry if I got that wrong) who linked to Quest and some Gottlieb settings on another post....Does anyone know their quality???? I know Solomon Bros. sells them....Anyway, I went to THEIR (Gottlieb & sons) website, and they have a pretty big selection.....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 12:30:41 PM

A trusted vendor on here-- who happens to have my email as a result of previous consultations-- saw my post and just told me that Adwar''s stuff is ''crap'' and that -- for someone as fussy as myself-- it''s not a good idea.

*sigh*
its just a casting though - right? I mean it would still go through WF''s rigorous polishing, right? So the only things I can think of being off since finishing isn''t an issue would be symmetry issues and porosity issues.... what else would there be?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF told me that the settings come in EXTREMELY rough and that they need a LOT of work and polishing. The price includes that work....

But now I''m really worried. Are they poor quality in a structural sense? I will ask.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results