shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave with peridot.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Is is possible?
37.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
anything is possible, right!?
do you want a peridot ering set in a pave mount?

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Or a ring that''s pave-d with peridots? If so, I think peridots may be too soft...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or a ring that''s pave-d with peridots?
oh, yes!! that''s more likely what was meant!
37.gif

......wouldn''t that be nice though!
3.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Yeh, Pave wth peridots... I love peridots!!!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I was just wondering about the same thing, but with sapphires...I believe sapphire is harder than peridot.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything is possible
1.gif

These are emeralds and an older version of pave (below). There are plenty of modern ones too.

I don't think I ever came accross peridot pave. It wouldn't be because of it's hardness, I think, but because of the light color. Small peridots are really washed out - the stone is not particularly bright either, so not much can be achieved by using peridot for pave. I can easily imagine a relatively dull, light greenish yellow surface of small peridots: not the most appealing prospective after all the work pave involves. Besides, large peridots are available: it might cost just as much to obtain a large stone instead of working hard to assemble miriads of small ones .
38.gif

Larger stones set "pave" loo a bit strange IMO. Not that it hasn't been tried out!

3108imv10z.jpg

and the emeralds...

cobblestone pave ref.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2005 7:52:4 AM
Author: Feydakin

1pt to 1.5pt peridot, about the siae used for pave) will cost about a buck to a buck and a half.. .
Would peridot show any color at all in this size ? Even below 1 carat they look too light for their own good. And the exceptions are not usual - as far as I know.

The pictures show pretty well how the "pile" looks decidedly green, while the individual pieces set aside are allot lighter - this is what I am trying to describe.

s3250.jpg
s3248.jpg

(these are about 4mm each, sold in parcels of over 1000, about 2$/ct)

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pave'' with peridot? It is a bad idea! For everyone. The poor jeweler that does the pave'' work is going to tear his hair out because he will chip every other one. The jeweler who sells it is going to have to stand behind his product and the customer is going to be coming in often to get new liittle ones for the ones that "just fell out". Also as someone just said, the color on those little ones is very weak.

It is a job I would not take.

If you want green pave'' you might think demantoid, tsavorite or emerald

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is tsav.
17711563_FL_LRG.jpg

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Search for "peridot" on solomonbrothers.com and you will find a pave peridot ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results