shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave halo split crown settings for yellow diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I got to thinking last night, is there a reason (other than you can''t look at them in person right away) why you''re not enlisting the help of the regular vendors on here?

Admittedly, I know next to nothing about colored diamonds, and maybe only those who specialize in them should be consulted. However, it was just a thought.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, I'm leaving no stone unturned in my search! (Sorry, couldn't resist the bad pun!!!)

I've talked with four Pricescope vendors. One had stone that I was interested in at least seeing a pic of but it turned out not to be available when they went back to it. One couldn't find anything in my budget. One has called some stones in but he's out of town for the weekend and I hope to hear from him on Monday on whether any are worth sending to me to view. And one is still looking (or else he's given up on me and just hasn't told me yet, LOL). So yes, aside from DBL, the PS vendors are definitely a potential source for me if they can find what I'm looking for. I guess I could have made that more clear at some earlier point.

I'm hoping that the last of the Chicago vendors will have something for me to look at today since the shipment didn't arrive yesterday. And I called the oval guy and told him where I am in the process. He has to put the diamond back in inventory (which I fully appreciate) but he said that it's unlikely that someone else will come knocking on his door looking for a big yellow oval in the next week so hopefully if that is the way I decide to go it will still be available.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, I love puns, good and bad.
9.gif

OK, cool, at least you tried/are trying every avenue.

Maybe something new will turn up....or maybe that ovals meant for you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goal is to have a yellow stone for you to see in person when you get here. That way when I post pics you can assure people that it''s really not the weird color that it will turn out to be in the photos, LOL, because every yellow stone that I take a pic of is a VERY different color IRL than it is on the screen.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! Can''t wait.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 5:42:32 PM
Author: decodelighted
Yeah, it was Scheinerdiamonds.com ... they specialize in Canary diamonds ... this one is a 3.39 intense yellow 8.92x8.85x4.93 cushion for 44K.

There are a *ton* of stones over there ... and they even have MOVIES of the stones. Something to check out at least!
1.gif
this diamond is gorgeous deco... but I don''t like it LOL! The color around the edges - that rich toasty warm golden yum is just gorgeous!!! If this stone had been cut say in an OMC style so that the color wasn''t "intesnified" in the center and just allowed to be what it is and was cut to disperse fire rather than to intensify yellow... then I would LOVE it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 7:33:34 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 5/16/2007 7:12:57 PM
Author: decodelighted
Frankly I''d rather take the chance on viewing something that might be slightly flattered by excellent photography ... than stones called in TOTALLY BLIND by jewelers ... OR ones that look like dreck in the photos only to appear magically *better* in other shots. Seems like the local folks are wasting your time & that DBL is lowering expectations & using the ''pleasently suprised'' ''only-I-know-how-really-good-it-is'' reverse bait & switch technique. Eh, just my opinion.

Oh Deco, I''m with you. But the problem is these jewelers call me up and say, ''I have this fantastic thing that just got off the plane from Israel/Belgium/Planet Uranus/Where Ever and it''s FABULOUS! You have to get over her right now because it''s SO wonderful that I think it might just spontaneously combust based on its own white hot fantatsticity!'' And of course I bolt over and see what they''ve got because I would like to think *to some degree* that there are jewelers in the world and that could recognize a good stone when they see it--and also recognize a bad stone when it''s sitting right in their own hand. Obviously not always the case...

Here, I''ll share a little more about my experience today. The guy called me and said he had gotten in six stones but he told me that three of them weren''t good enough in his opinion to show me and he''s already shipped them back, so I''m thinking FINALLY someone who GETS IT!, then when I see the other three that are dreck and I''m disappointed.

So you''re right, I am better of--or at least *as well off*--taking a chance on a stone that has a great mug shot, especially if I can have a conversation with David or Michael or whoever before they ship it to me and ask them to put it in front of their very own eyeballs and make sure it really IS a good stone before they waste both time and money. But seriously, isn''t that what the jewelers should be doing too when they call up the people that have the stone in the first place. Shouldn''t the conversation go something to the effect of, ''I have, by her own admission, the world''s pickiest customer who is looking for a VERY SPECIFIC thing. If you have a GREAT stone that is WHAT SHE''S LOOKING FOR send it. Otherwise, save the shipping.'' ???
I was thinking this a minute ago - someone like david makes his business on colored stones and stakes his reputation on selecting only good stones... so even if you don''t like a particular stone, chances are much higher you''ll find one you like AFTER *he* has filtered through the stones than just the guys who deal in very few yellows who just call them in because they want your business. However, you *are* being allowed to view many, many stones with little effort on your part in the way of calling in one stone at a time.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 9:07:59 PM
I''m not suspicious of David for his lousy pics, I just think he needs a new photographer, LOL!
agreed... I hate his pictures LOL They are unique though and you can always tell a dbl photo!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 11:18:25 AM
Author: Ellen
DeeJay, I got to thinking last night, is there a reason (other than you can''t look at them in person right away) why you''re not enlisting the help of the regular vendors on here?

Admittedly, I know next to nothing about colored diamonds, and maybe only those who specialize in them should be consulted. However, it was just a thought.
If I was going for a *colored* stone I''d go to dbl. There are certain vendors I''d go to for certain things, a vendor who has a huge inventory of ideal rounds, I''d go to them for a round, but if they have to call in *every* yellow? I''d go to a guy who had a huge inventory of yellows. And I doubt I''d go to that guy for the ideal round.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I just breezed through the Graff site. Why are you wasting time with these other jewelers? I saw some stones I''m SURE would fit the bill.
9.gif
11.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And maybe if I was married to a SULTAN I could just zip up there and get one--or ten--and put this project out of its misery!!!

You just wait till you''re here. If you liked the site you might just faint in the real store!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2007 10:31:07 AM
And maybe if I was married to a SULTAN I could just zip up there and get one--or ten--and put this project out of its misery!!!

You just wait till you're here. If you liked the site you might just faint in the real store!
9.gif

Maybe a nice lacey BIB and some salts are in order??!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 7:33:24 PM
DeeJay, you''re not trying to fit a rounder stone in a square hole again, are you??
11.gif
2.gif
What did Dee Jay do? I missed the whole Brick saga.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2007 10:34:33 AM
Author: Harriet

Date: 5/14/2007 7:33:24 PM
DeeJay, you''re not trying to fit a rounder stone in a square hole again, are you??
11.gif
2.gif
What did Dee Jay do? I missed the whole Brick saga.
lol She put a round in a beautiful square setting, and it took a bit to get it right. Do a search for The Eagle Has Landed for pics.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Harriet, you were blessedly spared the entire trauma/drama of my current ring. If you look at it closely you''ll see that my round stone actually resides in a square hole, resulting in *empty corner syndrome*
23.gif
. There was much bank and forth with the designer, who had absolutely zero interest in redesigning the halo to MY specifications since HE is the master of fine jewelry, and so I have come to live with it. But I think if I tried to put another stone in a halo that wasn''t the same shape again there are people on this board who would (rightfully) hunt me down and beat me!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too funny. Will I be able to recognise you anywhere with The Brick?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I imagine so -- Even if you didn''t recognize the ring, I''ll be the one at the bar morosely sipping my drink and lamenting about my empty corners!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay,
I don''t drink, but I''d love to meet you. You''re such a hoot.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results