shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave Diamond Band - are they uncomfortable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maddie

Rough_Rock
I am currently looking at a gorgeous pave diamond band but am having doubts that it would be uncomfortable and bc of the price I really cant be unsure. Unlike a regular metal band the diamonds make it somewhat rough.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Hi Maddie,

I asked this question a few weeks ago and didn't really get a response either. I decided to get it anyways (pave eternity band). It's now being custom made so I should get it in a couple of weeks....I'll let you know as soon as I get it.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Hi Maddie,
Maybe you should clarify whether you mean the band you are looking at has pave all the way around (eternity style), or just covering half of the band. I'm a fan of pave myself, and would like to know the answer too, though my guess it will be personal preference. There's probrably not consensus on this.

Cheers,
NS

maddie

Rough_Rock
The band had diamonds all the way around and its not really smooth on the side. I've seen some bands that are. This one is more scalloped if that makes any sense. Plus it is a lot for only .42 carat weight. Probably makes sense to have custom made - the one I'm looking at is a michael b.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Maddie, I dont know if this is similar to what you have in mind but do take a look at beowulf33 who bought the Michael B pave setting for his gf which was the inspiration for Mara. Good luck!
5.gif

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
the michael b band is just a well executed extremely fine common prong band. not really traditional pave. i have done similar rings, and they are terrific. comfortable and stackable.

enjoy!

JennyN

Rough_Rock
Hi Maddie.

I have a Tacori eternity band & e-ring (upgraded my old ring) that I've had about a month now. The pave is not uncomfortable at all. Initially I was concerned that the pave all the way around might bother me. But I love it!

I had originally considered getting the bands with diamonds only halfway around. It's been nice to not constantly having to look to check if it has turned around where the pave doesn't show.

Good luck with your decision!

JennyN

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any chance that you try on a similar band? I know many wear pave happily, but for me these are killers! I suppose this depends allot on each person's expectations and so forth (and with small ring size and super wearable pieces otherwise, I must be a tough case). But it can't hurt to try... I would say.
rolleyes.gif

maddie

Rough_Rock
Did u get your band yet? I have mine and still trying to get used to it. I dont know if its just bc its a new ring but I am ALWAYS aware of it. Just wanted to get someone else's opinion. Maybe I'm thinking too much about it.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I think I will be getting a pave e-ring band (eternity) as well as a wedding band.

I've tried on many styles, and most were comfortable and not bothersome. But there actually are many different Pave's you could try - as well as micropave.

The one I'm looking at right now felt very smooth when on - the ring itself wasn't curved (if that sounds right) it was flat with pave - and it felt quite different than others.. and it was comfy!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you will be aware of a ring that has stones all the way around. it is rougher to begin with. but i found i got used to my ring within a few weeks and now i can't even note that i have it on when my hand is relaxed, sometimes i have to squeeze my hands together to remind myself it IS there.

interesting side note is that i had my e-ring for almost 1.5 years before we got married. when we married and then wore the wedding band that matches it, i noticed that when i did things like rub my face etc with the rings on, the new wedding band WAS more scratchy. this led me to believe that with some wear, the sides of the prongs of the eternity bands get a little less sharp and do dull...i can rub my face etc with my e-ring and not feel a scratch or sharp edge at all. i am sure within a year or so the same will happen with my wedding ring.

so while you feel that it's very much noticeable now to you, as with any new ring, you will need a short adjustment period, but i can almost guarantee that you won't notice it later.

however it does also depend on how thick the ring is and with how many rows of diamonds. if we are talking the thin michael b type rings or rings like mine with 3mm as the MAX diameter and only one row of diamonds, i feel they are much less noticeable on the hand in terms of 'feel' than something like those 3 or 5 row pave wedding bands. i think those may not be quite as comfortable to wear in the long run?

one other comment a local jeweler who made our e-ring told me was that he felt that pave rings eternity style were not safe for DAILY use in terms of e-ring or wedding ring style. he didn't really recommend the michael b setting for daily wear...too many diamonds and not enough metal to really support the stones through hard ware. so if you will wear this band daily and wear it well, be careful with the pave, and get the stones checked often for security in the setting. this is why i got the prong setting rather than pave...it's more security for the stones and i am VERY hard on my hands and wear my rings all the time.

my two cents...good luck and hope you love your new rings!

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
WELCOME BACK MARA,,,,,
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks dbm!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results