shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Ring! Oops I mean Rings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So today I got my wedding ring from WhiteFlash. Amazing, looks simply beautiful, definitely spot on with my engagement ring. I sent my e-ring over to WF as well so that they could match it up perfectly for the custom job. As you all know, I have been missing it for the last 3 weeks.

What I have been secretly keeping under wraps however, was that I was also shopping around for a new e-ring stone. When Greg saw his new small ACA for his wedding ring, everything I had been babbling about regarding cut for the last year really struck home. He agreed to let me see if I could sell my e-ring stone and put the money towards a new better cut stone.

This presented a huge dilemma because we all know how hard it is to sell a stone! I was not looking fwd to it and to top it off, the wedding was only about 9 weeks away. Lucky for me, my original jeweler agreed to buy the stone back for most of what we paid, because we have sent alot of business his way in the recent years. I'm sure he can easily re-sell it. Was there any apprehension in getting rid of my actual engagement stone? Yes definitely, sometimes I was not sure if I was doing the right thing. Greg was on board with it, but I know he was a little unsure. However, I wanted to stick to my guns because as much as we both liked our little engagement ring stone, I knew that the more I learned about diamonds, the more dissatisfied I was with the original choice we had made because I felt we had foolishly spent our money. After seeing his ACA, it confirmed everything for me, and when he saw it, the bell really rang for him as well. So we confirmed with each other that we were committed to doing it, and didn't look back after that.
1.gif

Now to find a new stone on a short timeline! I loved working with WhiteFlash for Greg's wedding stone, they already had my e-ring for the creation of the wedding ring, and I knew I wanted something very particular for not a huge amount of money. Part of the stipulation from Greg was that we not float extra money out the door for the re-purchase. So I had a challenge on my hands! So we decided to work with WF on finding the new center stone.

Luckily, WhiteFlash had the perfect stone for me hiding away on their site. A 1.29 H SI1 Expert Selection that when viewed, in terms of numbers and images, to me looked spot on like an ACA. However, Brian's eye for detail on only choosing the absolute best for his brand which is his pride and joy meant that this stone had something wrong with it that my mortal eyes cannot detect which kicked it into the Expert Selection area...and therefore that gave me the opportunity for an absolutely excellent stone at a great price! The Scope image on this stone is top notch, rivals some of the best ACA's I have seen online. The numbers are stellar, rates a 1.4 EX on the HCA, and the stone image they sent me was so beautiful, it almost took my breath away. This was it!
2.gif

So since WF had my e-ring already (sans stone!), they re-polished it all up for me, fixed the icky fatto prongs that have been bothering me for a year and a half and made them more defined (and smaller!), and set the new beautiful almost-ACA in. My wedding ring was done as well, so everything shipped out yesterday and arrived today.

Last nite Brian sent me pictures of the finished products and I was absolutely blown away. Obviously this morning I was so ready to go pick up the package and see the rings in person!!! I was in SF when I got the call but was headed back down towards San Jose so I stopped off and picked it up. Opened the box in the parking lot OF COURSE and....words cannot even describe how beautiful this center stone is in my engagement ring. Honestly, I had NO IDEA what I was missing with my shallower stone. It was still very beautiful, but this thing is amazing. This stone needs no coaxing to show off sparkles, lots of FIRE (one thing my old stone didn't really have) and those ARROWS! I caught the arrows at least 3-4 times on the drive home after picking it up. That's the really fun part!

Anyway, bottom line is that we have absolutely NO DOUBTS now that we made the right decision in getting a new stone, and WF's upgrade policy makes this perfect for my many 'future' purchases.
2.gif
When Greg saw the pictures of the new rings from Brian, he was stunned as well. I can't wait til he gets home tonite to see the new rings, I've already been gushing to him for an hour online about how great everything looks. Tonite we are going to dinner at the restaurant where we had our first date, to celebrate!
1.gif

Kudos again to WhiteFlash, Lesley and Brian, you guys are the best. I loved working with you and appreciate the care and attention given during the transaction. Brian soothed my fears many a day over the wedding ring matching exactly to the e-ring, over the big stone being the right choice, over x, over y. Thank you thank you for such a beautiful stone and amazing new wedding ring. We are ecstatic with both pieces, the engagement ring looks brand new again!

Lastly, thanks to my faithful and everlasting pal Alj...honestly..without you to help me make the final calls and tough decisions...I would be a puddle of mush on the floor and I'd probably be single again since Greg would have left me for driving him nuts debating on crown and pavilion angles. You keep me sane. Which is very frightening...actually, since you are pretty insane too.
9.gif

Now for the OODLES of pictures!!!
2.gif

Here is the information on the beautiful big stone.

1.29 H SI New Stone Collage.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here are Brian's wonderful pictures of the rings. Engagement ring with the new stone and custom made wedding ring by WhiteFlash and Mr. Le. The wedding ring is set with 2 pointer ACA H&A melee around, eternity style, the width is 2.3mm and I believe the ctw is around .52ctw.

WhiteFlash Images of Ering.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it's hard to believe but I have only taken a few pictures of the rings so far. It throws off amazing sparkle and my camera is having a hard time not blurring! Or maybe it's user error. Nevertheless, I will dedicate myself to the task over the next few days and post more eye-candy as required.
2.gif

Here are my first efforts that I am happy with. Love the rings laying together!
1.gif

Mara Collage of New Rings.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow . . . just, wow! That stone is incredible! Congratulations Mara! I hope that you and Greg have a wonderful "first date" tonight!
love.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
What?? No pictures of it on your hand?

What an amazing stone! Congratulations on the lucky find! I can't believe how great they look together! It makes me so excited to get my wedding band! It just completes the look.

Wow!
love.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh how could I forget that one. Thanks PG.
2.gif
Here it is...love those arrow flashes!!!
love.gif
1.gif

new rings 3.jpg

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Don't know what to say but WOW!!!
appl.gif
love.gif
appl.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
aaah. that's better
3.gif

I can't believe how huge that stone looks. Beautiful and so white! I envy your photo-taking abilities - I stink at it. I'm more excited than ever to see that ring in person!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS MARA!!!
9.gif
appl.gif

What an awesome story of truly getting your cake and eating it too! Greg is great for being so understanding about the new ACA! I hope you guys enjoy the new ring (or at least you!!!))
9.gif

Question, does it bug you at all to have the whole eternity ring? I tried on a few like yours with diamonds all around, and I found it hard to close my fingers properly...does that happen at all for you? Does it bug you at all?

What a really really lovely set!!!
love.gif
Honestly, wear your bling with joy (I know you will) and take some side pics too!!!
naughty.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on you new ring! It's gorgeous
lickout.gif

Michelle

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! That ring is so beautiful. Congrats! It is really breathtaking. You are indeed a lucky gal to be able to find a ring that is so gorgeous!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/26/2004 4:14:49 PM Mara wrote:

Lastly, thanks to my faithful and everlasting pal Alj...honestly..without you to help me make the final calls and tough decisions...I would be a puddle of mush on the floor and I'd probably be single again since Greg would have left me for driving him nuts debating on crown and pavilion angles. You keep me sane. Which is very frightening...actually, since you are pretty insane too.
9.gif

----------------

Hey, it takes a certifiable psycho to love and understand another certifiable psycho! hehhehehehe

HA - I TOLD you it would be beautiful......oh, and Mara, it IS beautiful. That picture on your hand...the arrows and hint of fire.....AMAZING!

I truly couldn't be happier for you, girl. Nice selection. Enjoy it!

(See, now I KNEW this was gonna happen - Mara nearly went over the edge when F&I pointed out that my stone was .01 heavier than Mara's old stone. That's what drove her to the new purchase! hehehehe

11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
)

Just kidding, cutie - I've been hoping you'd get the chance to do this, and I'm delighted at the result! YAY

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Simply breathtaking Mara! As another owner of a Whiteflash Expert Selection stone I can honestly say how truely beautiful they are. Brian does a wonderful job selecting these pieces and I know you will enjoy yours as I have mine for months now. Congrats and enjoy!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/26/2004 4:57:31 PM aljdewey wrote:

(See, now I KNEW this was gonna happen - Mara nearly went over the edge when F&I pointed out that my stone was .01 heavier than Mara's old stone. That's what drove her to the new purchase! hehehehe p]
----------------

Hah! That was exactly what I was going to post!
11.gif
Mara couldn't live knowing Al had a bigger stone!
wink2.gif
9.gif

It's very beautiful, Mara. Wow, and what a job WF did on the wedding band! Hah - you won't get that bauble for a few weeks!
11.gif

Congrats!
9.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Did you notice the Whiteflash photos match your avatar exactly?!

Truly beautiful & breathtaking Mara! Wear them in happiness
love.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
WOW! You little sneak! Here I agonize every step of the way and ask for tons of input and you went out and did this on your own?! Just kidding...I'm thrilled for you! I know that you were really wanting and ideal cut stone and now you have it. Those pictures are AMAZING. I love the look of the two rings together. The arrows show up even on the 2 pointers...cool!

Now, how many times a day will you try on the set? Will you wear them both just around the house, lol?

How was your original jeweler through all of this? Did you express any dissatisfaction in the setting that they did for the Regent?

I'd love the see a side pic of the e-ring. Does is still sit up high?

I must say, I'm very excited for you. Good for you, Chickie!!!
appl.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
No, Mara.

I don't believe you.

Your diamond IS an ACA, New Line with the special girdle...
2.gif

And it IS NOT a SI1.

No way!!!
2.gif

The inclusion seems like a clean VS1.

The idealscope is virtually perfect.

GIA EX-EX.

Why, why isn't it an ACA, tell me???

And, I forget to say, your diamond is really awesome, and the pics are so so ugly...
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Congratulations to both of you!

More pics! Now!

/idealbb/files/loveolove.gif
loveolove.gif
loveolove.gif
loveolove.gif
loveolove.gif
loveolove.gif
loveolove.gif

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
Mara your rings are gorgeous!
appl.gif
My stone is WF expert selection too and I think they are wonderful. Enjoy!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS!!
love.gif

Any chance of getting a sneak peak at both ring on your finger?? Or, would that be bad luck??!! I can well imagine it makes quite a presentation!!
10.gif

You beat me by 0.026 carats, Mara!!
6.gif
I know you're already used to the physical size, but doesn't the new diamond seem HUGE??!!
3.gif

Many Congrats to both you and Greg!!
appl.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...I wonder how long it will be before Mara adds another ACA eternity band to the mix. You know, so she has one on each side.
9.gif

1st Anniversary? 5th? Maybe 6 months?

I'm just kidding Mara, I love the way it looks! But I also love to "mix it up" and see various combinations too.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/26/2004 6:06:11 PM Patty wrote:

Hmmm...I wonder how long it will be before Mara adds another ACA eternity band to the mix. You know, so she has one on each side.
9.gif

1st Anniversary? 5th? Maybe 6 months?
too.----------------

LOL that is what I was thinking!

congrates Mara.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Mara.
appl.gif
Have you taken any pictures with both rings on your hand, or is that bad luck? I like seeing pictures of everyone's rings actually on their hand. I think the perspective is better. I have always adored eternity bands -- very elegant and classic!

DiamondLil

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/26/2004 5:15:36 PM Patty wrote:

Here I agonize every step of the way and ask for tons of input and you went out and did this on your own?
----------------

HELL, NO, she didn't do it on her own.......she about put me in the asylum through this process! I am literally wrung out from our back and forth on about......oh...... EIGHTY-EIGHT different potential stones?!?!?!? Hehehhehe - Whew!

But it was worth it.......and I'd do it again in a second, just like she did for me when I was the one buying three months ago. We have truly "sweated" each other's every minute considerations in selecting just the right stones....and what a great thing that is--to be able to work together that way. Especially when you understand (and share) each other's "analness".

It's SO easy to see things with clarity when it's not your own stone.......and all that wisdom goes RIGHT OUT THE WINDOW when it comes to selecting your own stone. It's great to have someone else in the ring with you for balance.

She's done great, though.....spectacular end result. (PS, Mara, my therapy bills will be forthcoming in the mail! Tell Greg that upgrade was a little more expensive than he originally thought!) ehhehehe

11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Mara,

Your rings are gorgeous! I am also an owner of a Whiteflash expert selection diamond. Purchased it last December (didn't even know about Pricescope then!). I am very happy my diamond. I was thinking of just a simple wedding band, but after seeing yours....very tempting...

Again, your new center stone is absolutely beautiful!, so big!, so white!

bling

Shiny_Rock
WOW! congrats Mara! I am soooooo happy for you...and can i just say..i knew it! i knew that after greg had his WF stone..you were soo next! im soo excited for you. its just a beautiful ring..not that it wasnt before..but its just breathtaking now. youre truly happy with it and what else can ya can ask for. you have a really good guy there too..i think you should marry him..hehehe..
post more pics...and again..congrats..and happy wearing!
appl.gif
love.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome set of rings! WF did a great job matching them (and I guess cleaning up those awful prongs that I'm sure only you could see
2.gif
).

Mara, you are the only person I've met who upgraded BEFORE the wedding!
11.gif
Greg is a saint
saint.gif
and in for a long road of diamonds ahead of him. But in my book....that's not a bad thing!
11.gif

Enjoy your new ring, and no cheating and wearing the wedding band yet!

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Oh Mara! It's beautiful. The simplicity and elegance is just stunning. I have a sapphire and diamond e-ring which I get nervous wearing - I am afraid I might chip the sapphire. I was debating getting a band - like yours to wear everyday instead of the e-ring. I wasn't sure if I would find one I liked - but after seeing yours - wow! I wish you both the best always.
Icelovr

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, Al. I give you full credit for Mara's new diamond. I will back you up when you take her to small claims court for your therapy bills.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha thanks everyone!! I'll try to respond to everyone's Q's one by one...

Hmm picture of both rings on the hand? I don't think so! That would be bad luck. Though I have admitted to trying it on a few times today, Greg is going to have to hide the wedding ring from me or else I will be secretly wearing it around the house. It's funny, the e-ring looks natural to me now since I am used to it, but with both rings on, serious bling! It's almost like..woah! But I know I will eventually get used to that look too. It's all about getting used to things and then mental shrinkage sets in after you see something day in and day out.
2.gif

I am incredibly lucky to have someone like Greg, who understands my nature and accepts it! He actually loves that I am so into diamonds and encourages me to learn as much as I can (he actually keeps pushing me to make a career out of it somehow so it can pay the diamond bills, heheee), and I really appreciate that it only took him 12 HOURS after he got his ACA stone to agree to let me do the switcheroo. Of course it could have been the bottle of wine *and* bottle of champagne that did him in, but he remembered the conversation the next day and stuck by it....so that's all that matters in the eyes of the tape recorder! hehe.

Hah! On the 3rd eternity ring to balance it out....my motto on that one is that the center stone would need to be bigger first! I tried on a 3 stone set like mine at the store and if the center stone isn't big enough to overlap over all three rings, then that 3 ring look actually ends up making your center stone look smaller, which I of course do not want to do! So I figure after I upgrade THIS stone to something bigger, then I can get the 3rd ring after that.
2.gif
Gotta space this stuff out you know!
2.gif

Stephan, ask Brian why it's not an ACA! Everything looked spot on to me! The only thing that seemed possibly out of line was they sent me some hearts and arrows images, and while this stone is technically not a H&A because it's not branded ACA....the images are beautiful. However, the triangles leading to the hearts in the middle of the stone don't appear to be all perfectly the same size. So that may be it? I don't know really, but all I know is that the stone does show great H&A patterns under the scope, it's got the eye popping IS image and it's stunning in person. So if all of that equals an almost ACA at a discounted price, my gain!
2.gif
I really highly recommend the expert selection, you can easily pick out some winners using their IS images and numbers, and the prices are great.

Patty...the jeweler was good natured, he is an old-school type of guy who doesn't really use the numbers or images to help him choose a stone, he does it by eye. I gave him an IdealScope and they never use it. So unfortunately, buying stones from them in the future doesn't work for me any longer now that I'm over-educated. Hehee. But they do have beautiful jewelry and a really booming clientele, he's been in business a long time.

As for the side profile, this is the same exact head, Mr. Le just modified the prongs so that they were not so chunky and ugly. Much better! I loved my original head so I am glad that it was kept. The ring is so sparkly and shiny now that it has been polished. Amazing! It literally looks brand new.

Nic...the eternity does not bother at all. The first few weeks it took some getting used to and I am sure I will have the same thing with the new wedding ring...just knowing that something is there that's new...but now I don't even feel the e-ring and sometimes I have to squeeze my fingers together to make sure it IS still there! Amazing how easily you can get used to something.
2.gif
The depth of my e-ring is about 2.6mm so it's not a super thin band, pretty substantial, which I really like. Nothing too flimsy for my clumsy self!
1.gif

F&I and Alj...you found me out!
11.gif
Gotta keep raising the bar on the carat sizes, eventually Alj will think...hmmm...my stone is lookin' a little small and it will be payback time.
2.gif
See now my ring is even bigger than PQ's and I wasn't even trying! hehe.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and therapy bills Al?! Try putting those towards FUTURE therapy from me to you on your next purchase! Cuz you know that ain't ever far out with us diamond nuts. hehee....
naughty.gif
Thank goodness Greg knows of this madness beforehand and STILL wants to marry me! Whew!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results