shape
carat
color
clarity

pattern instead of table

Drif

Rough_Rock
I've been playing around with some new cuts. They are cut to focus light in certain patterns and use reflectors instead of tables. The images are taken with around 10-15x (my digital microscope has a dial without markings) or with my phone and the messy desk cropped out so be nice ...

What do you folks think?

image102.jpg
image103.jpg img_20161218_0.jpg screenshot_20161218-090803.png

I did post some of these in a wrong forum (Sorry PS)

I'm a collector with a cutting hobby. None of these are for sale.

Thanks

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting! I can barely cut food much less gemstones :lol: But I'd be interesting as to how you came up with your design :)

Drif

Rough_Rock
Hahaha, I can barely cut food either.

Pretty much three different ways to get these designs...

1. Most often, recently: I sit with a blank page in a composite notebook, keep the angles within certain parameters (critical angle and such) and start cutting out inclusions. Then I turn the pattern symetrical. Yes, this is sometimes wasteful, but it's fun for me and it's my rough. muhahaha. Joking aside, I keep track of every cut in the notebook and have tweeked them over time.

2. Sometimes, normally if I paid a bunch for the stone, I'll follow a pattern from the web. Sometimes I mess up those patterns and then 'build' that through multiple iterations.

3. This is new to me but where I'm heading:
A. Look at the color
B. Match the color to sound wavelengths through music theory
C. Find a sympathetic wavelength in the visible light spectrum
D. Cut a pattern that matches the resonance frequency of that pattern

It turned out pretty nice in the red gem above. I can't wait to cut some more with this pattern.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results