shape
carat
color
clarity

Paris Hilton makes fun of Fergie''s engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paris Hilton laughs at Fergie's engagement ring
"Paris Hilton chatted up Fergie during the Vanity Fair & Krug dinner party at L.A.’s Chateau Marmont, grilling the singer for details of her recent wedding and honeymoon. But as soon as Fergie Ferg walked away, the celebutard sniped to sister Nicky, “Ha — my engagement ring was bigger!”"

Fergie's ring (from her recent wedding... she used to have a lucida-esque solitaire):

article-1112643-0305F8F3000005DC-398_468x557.jpg

Paris's ring (from her failed engagement):

53175099.jpg

Thoughts? I'm only posting because my first reaction was "that's so mean! How dare she!" Then I remembered that Fergie's ring took quite a bashing over in the Celeb Rings thread.

Is it the fact that she's a celebrity that makes it seem not okay? Or the fact that it's a criticism of the size, as opposed to the style? Or that her engagement with that ring was called off?

Play nice, this is more of a psychological wonderment than anything else.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and as a side note: the "bigger ring" that Paris has/had was not a natural diamond
20.gif

Linky:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paris-hilton-lies.35925/

ETA: Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just seems a little odd to make fun of someone's diamond ring for being smaller than your simulant
40.gif
(though I wouldn't suggest that that's the biggest issue here)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Paris shouldn''t be laughing at anyone for anything.

Also, I can''t make out what Fergie''s engagement ring looks like. Is it a halo, or is that a bunch of metal (prongs?) around a smaller diamond?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to see Fergie's ring. It looks interesting. Musey any more shots of it? It looks like it's a solitaire, but something is surrounding it, not just stacking bands, kwim??
Who designed it?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:33:25 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I want to see Fergie's ring. Anyone have a close up of it? It looks interesting. Musey any more shots of it? It looks like it's a solitaire, but something is surrounding it, not just stacking bands, kwim??
let's see if I can find it. eta: here is one

article-1112643-0305F712000005DC-632_233x326.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Commenting on the size of someone''s ring is tacky no matter who is saying it, IMO (unless you''re paying a compliment, of course!)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a really clear pic:

fergieresize.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
This is a photo of it from the celebrity rings thread, I believe:

fergiering1.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cross-post!!
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:29:10 PM
Author: EBree
lol.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
LOL, you beat me by seconds!
9.gif

It''s unique, that''s for sure. Not necessarily my taste, but I wouldn''t call it ugly. I think the starburst pattern is interesting.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
slide4-fergie.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:39:04 PM
Author: Elmorton
Commenting on the size of someone''s ring is tacky no matter who is saying it, IMO (unless you''re paying a compliment, of course!)

I agree it''s tacky to comment on size of someone''s ring or compare someone else''s ring to your own.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:39:04 PM
Author: Elmorton

I completely agree, though I''m not at all surprised it came from Paris.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:45:14 PM
Author: Burk
I agree it's tacky to comment on size of someone's ring or compare someone else's ring to your own.
Maybe that's what it is... as opposed to just saying you don't like the design or something.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock

Also, I can''t make out what Fergie''s engagement ring looks like. Is it a halo, or is that a bunch of metal (prongs?) around a smaller diamond?
I agree at least she actually got married vs had a huge ring and failed engagement.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:47:40 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
Paris shouldn't be laughing at anyone for anything.

Also, I can't make out what Fergie's engagement ring looks like. Is it a halo, or is that a bunch of metal (prongs?) around a smaller diamond?
I agree at least she actually got married vs had a huge ring and failed engagement.

booya2.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:13:37 PM
Author:musey
Paris Hilton laughs at Fergie''s engagement ring
''Paris Hilton chatted up Fergie during the Vanity Fair & Krug dinner party at L.A.’s Chateau Marmont, grilling the singer for details of her recent wedding and honeymoon. But as soon as Fergie Ferg walked away, the celebutard sniped to sister Nicky, “Ha — my engagement ring was bigger!”''

Paris''s ring (from her failed engagement):
Key words

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
hey if she likes it...good for her!!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I don''t care for Fergie''s ring myself -- but more to the point, this is just another case of a grown woman acting like a complete child. I''m certain a comment like Paris''s is inspired by insecurity, and it almost makes me sad that she feels the need to compare her ring (from a broken engagement) to anyone else''s.

That said, there''s one person in my class at law school that I really can''t stand, because she''s just objectively not nice. And when she got engaged I couldn''t help but feel a little gratified that my diamond was bigger than hers. (Not that I would ever utter this out loud!). Does that make me a Paris?
8.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:49:10 PM
Author: musey
Date: 2/10/2009 9:47:40 PM

Author: Definitely, Maybe

booya2.gif

Lol and ditto!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:06:59 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Date: 2/10/2009 9:13:37 PM

Author:musey

Paris Hilton laughs at Fergie''s engagement ring

''Paris Hilton chatted up Fergie during the Vanity Fair & Krug dinner party at L.A.’s Chateau Marmont, grilling the singer for details of her recent wedding and honeymoon. But as soon as Fergie Ferg walked away, the celebutard sniped to sister Nicky, “Ha — my engagement ring was bigger!”''

Paris''s ring (from her failed engagement):

Key words

YUP.. exactly what I was going to say..

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not a fan of the ring, and I think that''s a HORRID picture of Fergie, but that was just plain rude of Paris. That just proves that no amount of money will give you class
29.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:09:12 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I''m not a fan of the ring, and I think that''s a HORRID picture of Fergie, but that was just plain rude of Paris. That just proves that no amount of money will give you class
29.gif

I agree. How tacky of Paris (although should we be surprised??)

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh . . . just when I think I couldn''t possibly be any MORE disgusted with Paris Hilton, she outdoes herself yet again. That Paris . . . she shore is klassy!
14.gif
20.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear Lord, doesn''t this Paris girl ever shut up?!?
20.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:18:37 PM
Author: TheBigT
I don''t care for Fergie''s ring myself -- but more to the point, this is just another case of a grown woman acting like a complete child. I''m certain a comment like Paris''s is inspired by insecurity, and it almost makes me sad that she feels the need to compare her ring (from a broken engagement) to anyone else''s.

That said, there''s one person in my class at law school that I really can''t stand, because she''s just objectively not nice. And when she got engaged I couldn''t help but feel a little gratified that my diamond was bigger than hers. (Not that I would ever utter this out loud!). Does that make me a Paris?
8.gif

Nope, well not in my book you never said anything to her now did you :). I have had those momments as well, sometimes it is hard to like people :)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 8:42:32 AM
Author: Deelight

Date: 2/10/2009 10:18:37 PM
Author: TheBigT

8.gif

Nope, well not in my book you never said anything to her now did you :). I have had those momments as well, sometimes it is hard to like people :)
No, Dee it doesn''t. It makes you human.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 8:36:40 AM
Author: AdiS
Oh dear Lord, doesn''t this Paris girl ever shut up?!?
20.gif
I wish!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 11:09:12 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
29.gif
Agreed...how rude is she?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results