shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba "Splash" Ring Complete!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK emailed me these pictures last night and I have requested a minor tweak, which I hope is possible. If not, I think he still pulled it off very well. I hope to have the Paraiba set lower to make it more wearable and less prone to getting knocked/damaged. This is extremely different from what I am used to. It is not classic, it is definitely gaudy and it is totally in your face. With all that said, I still welcome honest and critical comments, if you have any. This will be the last opportunity for any adjustments.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First set.

parflower3.jpg

parflower4.jpg

parflower5.jpg

rosepa.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second set.

rosepa1.jpg

rosepa2.jpg

rosepa3.jpg

rosepa4.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Third set.

There's more but I don't want to bore you all with the same pictures from different angles. :tongue:

rosepa13.jpg

rosepa12.jpg

rosepa11.jpg

rosepa8.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not something I would have envisioned for myself, but I really like the outcome! The colours go nicely together and I'd bet it'll be much prettier in person as they dance and sparkle. I bet you'll get a lot of comments when you wear it! :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a very beautiful and chique ring. Very Cartier! Personally I prefer simpler designs but I think it's a stunning ring. You seem to have some reservations, but I am sure you will love it when you see it in real life :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono it is beautiful! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have anything helpful to say but I just wanted to let you know that I think it's beautiful! :love:
I can't wait to see your personal shots, after you get it in hand.

Side note: there is no such thing as too many pictures. :D

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love it very fun, can he round the shank a little more

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also don't have any helpful comments, but I love this ring! So fun, and definitely one of a kind and special. I agree with Acinom that it definitely reminds me of Cartier in the best way :appl:

I hope you adore it when you see it in person, I think he did a great job!

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Another person with no helpful comments here, but I love the final outcome! I think it's beautiful and I love the color combo. I hope he is able to set the paraiba a bit lower for you!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Chrono, this looks very high end to me. Didn't that fellow Robinson, the designer from a different land, make jewelry like this.
I like it very much. Wear it proudly.

Annette

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is wonderful, Chrono. I really like how the halo came out, after all those discussions about the colour placement.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not what I had expected or would choose for myself, however, it looks lovely, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the actual execution of this much more than I expected from the CADs and drawings in the other thread. The colors are just really fun and make it seem a bit playful, which for me is hard to do when you have something with this much size (disclaimer: I typically like smaller, daintier rings generally speaking). I hope he can make the change you want to your satisfaction and you enjoy wearing it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats BEAUTIFUL! :love: :love: :love: :love: I love it Chrono. The only thing I would change is rounding the band. Squaring it looks a bit odd with the beautiful flowing head of the ring. If that can't be done, maybe some floral motif type engraving?

Otherwise, no, I wouldn't change it. Its big and in your face. Its SUPPOSED TO BE!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I'd rock that all day every day... (ok maybe not every day, but certainly a lot!!) When I look at it from the side view image, it looks really good. like its nestled in the pillowy petals of that beautiful ring.

Not sure how low you can really set that stone considering.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous, playful and pretty. It'll shimmer and glow in real life. The melee placement is not what I expected but I like the cupcake sugar look. I agree a curved band will flow nicer in your design.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was expecting two distinctive rows of melees in different colours, and was not expecting the paraiba melees to be randomly placed.

Perhaps I had not followed the development of the ring closely enough and missed the change in melee placement.

It still works very well, and the more I looked at it, the more I liked it.

DK :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appreciate all your comments and I am still digesting them. Thank you all and yes, I'm not sure what to think yet. This is something very different but I think having the playful colours (scattered melees) will make it more wearable than 2 rows of distinct colouration. And it is supposed to be big and bold since there's nothing I can do about the size anyway. :lol: I'm glad you noticed the straight shank as I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I've emailed David to request that he round/soften the shank and lower the stone. Other than that, I think we are set!

This ring took a bit of blind trust in David and his bench to decide on the melee placement and they did not disappoint.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not comment on the straight shank as I thought that was intentional, and yes, I too believe a curved profile will suit better.

DK :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1456178407|3994131 said:
I did not comment on the straight shank as I thought that was intentional, and yes, I too believe a curved profile will suit better.
DK, intentional or not, if you think curved is better, by all means write so. My feelings will not be hurt if someone suggests something different. Even if I disagree with it in the end, I think it is good to think about different options/designs/visions. There is no right or wrong design, just different ideas and perspectives. :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono,

Your project has given me ideas and inspirations on how to set my trillion Mahenge Spinel from Yvonne, thank you!

Paraiba melees with scattered diamonds, bezel set the main stone as low profile as possible, plain court shank at least 4mm at the top, in 14K white gold. :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It packs a wallop of color! I look forward to your hand shots and think it will look good with your skin tone. :))

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono. Congratulations on the bold choice. I really like the scattered melee on the curved petals. It has a natural feel in a fauvism kind of way. I predict we will start to see more scattered melee here in the near future.

I bought two bottles of colored sugar last year just because I liked the color. Just before logging on to PS tonight I opened them and thought about gemstone pairings. After looking at Chrono's ring I think it looks like scattered melee to me. Ok ok I'm so weird

_2124.jpeg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, I saw your post earlier while on my phone but had to wait til I was on a computer and could see the pictures in higher resolution before replying :love: :love: What a gorgeous ring! DK has knocked it out of the park.

I do agree with the comments about rounding off the shank to fit in with the curves and flow of the setting. One more thing that stood out to me is the V/L-shaped corner prongs for the trillion, when I looked at it from the profile view it seemed like very sharp edges, it did not seem that harmonious with the rest of the petals and the ring. (from my little knowledge of feng shui, it seems that the sharp lines are disrupting the harmonious flow & balance :D)
See how when viewed from profile, the prong is a straight vertical line going down? If it were me, I may suggest to have a more tapered curved look. (If you look at the V/L corner prongs from top view, it's more tapered and rounded. Hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. Of course this is just a suggestion, it may not be what you are looking for or it may be too difficult to change at this stage :tongue: )
rosepa4.jpg

These are minor details though, and it is a beautiful ring!! Perfect for the red carpet. :naughty: :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura|1456200011|3994275 said:
Chrono. Congratulations on the bold choice. I really like the scattered melee on the curved petals. It has a natural feel in a fauvism kind of way. I predict we will start to see more scattered melee here in the near future.

I bought two bottles of colored sugar last year just because I liked the color. Just before logging on to PS tonight I opened them and thought about gemstone pairings. After looking at Chrono's ring I think it looks like scattered melee to me. Ok ok I'm so weird

Yes, but such a wonderful, creative and fantastic weird! Gemstones are like sweets - like beautiful little hard candies :praise:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came back to look at more pictures. I think some of the reactions are just based on the factweve been waiting for months to seea graduated color scheme, so we're surprised.

However, after the surprise has worn off,I'm still very crazy about it.

His photos don't do it justice, I'm sure, I can't wait for you to get it home.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Hi Chrono- love the joyous personality of the ring. It looks like a "happy" ring. I also was not expecting a scattered melee ring from the earlier discussions, but DK did a very nice job of the placement of them. Here is a Mikimoto pearl ring that I have been considering using as inspiration with scattered melee. They did several (one for each season in coloration) and used paraiba melee in several. So you are in very good company with your new beauty> :appl:

I also agree with rounding the shank.

mre10024nzxk.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura,
My ring has the same coloured melees as your coloured sugar (lower right)! I guess it confirms that that's a good colour combo. :tongue:

Mochiko,
That's the profile view that bothered me too. I'm not sure what can be done at this point, but I'm hoping that lowering the stone into the setting will make it less stark.

DK,
No copyright on the design or anything like that. We all take inspiration from each other here in CS and being inspired by a PSer's ring/design is the highest form of compliment, to me.

Pink Jewel,
Wow, I had no idea that Mikimoto also has similar designs! :love:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Very outside your zone, but lovely nonetheless. I especially like the green scattered melee.
Mochiko, I am trying to get a more tapered look. Eight months at the gym and it is starting to pay off!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results