shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba "Splash" Ring Complete!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
It looks like I'm in the minority, but I actually love the squared band! I also love the scattered melee.

Chrono, it is a fabulous piece, no doubt!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a fun, cool piece! I think you better go buy some shirts to match it! You can wear it as a casual, fun piece with tee-shirts
or as a fancy dress up piece!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thrilled to see the reveal! I love it. Gorgeous ring- I agree with pinkjewel in thinking it looks very high end. Definitely Cartier, haute couture high-end. It possesses this whole 'joie de vivre' that is enchanting. Really lovely, whimsical and happy- and that whole sense is, I think, due to the sprinkle melee (Sungura reference, but they really are like sprinkles!) and floral design- I think achieving that with a trillion center stone is remarkable, to say the least!

The most stunning aspect of the ring to me is the gorgeous center stone- what an incredible gem- I feel like I could dive right in to that blue beauty.

I don't know that I'd lower the stone or just try and have the prongs refined/angled to mimic the outer petals more, but, honestly, even as is I think I'd wear this ring, like every single day, even though I shouldn't because it is a halo with tourmaline....

I truly hope this rings brings you much joy to wear and that you are happy with the outcome. I hope you post all the pictures!

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
I missed something. I thought it was going to be a monochromatic. It's very pretty.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
The words sophisticated whimsy come to mind.

I love the distribution of color. That type of ordered randomness in color is hard to pull off and I think this ring does a perfect job of it. If I was having a bad day, putting this ring on my hand would definitely bring a smile to my face.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Niel re rounding the shank. Otherwise your paraiba is gorgeous and the colours work nicely together with the rose gold. A very fun piece!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all your kind and generous comments. David has rounded the shank and is trying to make the chevron prongs less bulky. It will be mailed out tomorrow! I'm so excited to receive it.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
How exciting Chrono! From reading your other thread, this ring looks just how I imagined! That's great that David was able to round the shank for you, you must be so excited to see it in person. It looks like a bright, fun to wear cocktail ring, and I am sure you will get many compliments on it as it will most definitely be noticed! :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing ring, unbelievable fantasy, taste, and imagination you have, Chrono!

Piece of art, and it looks great on your hand. Congratulations!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring was delivered to my home yesterday but I wasn't home to sign for it. I cannot even have UPS hold it for pick up due to the way it was shipped. I've asked my neighbour to sign for it and hope that they'll be home when UPS delivers it today.

On a not so good note, I left my new pink FCD band behind in the hotel bathroom yesterday and have to have it mailed out to me. It seems that every time I remove my ring, I forget to put it back on. I'm not liking this becoming more forgetful as I get older thing. :knockout: I'm just thankful that the 2 times I did this, the hotel staff has been honest and extremely accommodating in mailing it back to me.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh Chrono! That is so scary to realize you 'left' something behind and the accompanying trauma that ensue's! The staff that turned it in definitely deserve a recommendation for their exemplary work/honesty! :appl:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully, everything worked out with delivery today!!

I wasn't sure how the gradual coloring would work using 3 colors instead of 2, especially given there weren't a lot of rows, so I think the confetti look is perfect for the setting. I think it will look even better IRL as I recall your center stone is more neon and a better match with the paraiba melee than his front facing shots show (i.e. would be more like his side shots?)

For what its worth, I do not think it's gaudy -- yes, it's bright and showy but in a totally fun and whimsical way (as opposed to being tawdry or garish). Nice job!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to hear the FCD band is being found and on its way back to you, even better to hear good honest people are still about!

I hate leaving things behind in hotel rooms, be it jewellery or anything else.

On the rare occasions my area clearance procedure would fail in the past, when I had items underneath the pillow or being buried by the bed sheets or duvet. Nowadays, I would pay more attention to the bed and bedding, if case I leave anything behind.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore this splash ring Chrono. GORGEOUS. :love: The colors are fabulous together and this ring is a showstopper. Beautiful. :love:

Thank goodness your pink FCD ring was found and is being returned to you. I feel for you as I get older I am much more forgetful too. Risky business when you enjoy wearing bling as we do.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your support with regards to getting my FCD band back. If only I'd never removed it at all, this wouldn't have happened. I should be picking up both rings today from UPS. I had to call David to change the shipping restrictions to allow the package to be held at the UPS office for pickup. I can't wait to see it! :dance:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1456735414|3997241 said:
Thank you for your support with regards to getting my FCD band back. If only I'd never removed it at all, this wouldn't have happened. I should be picking up both rings today from UPS. I had to call David to change the shipping restrictions to allow the package to be held at the UPS office for pickup. I can't wait to see it! :dance:

You tease!! I saw you had updated this thread and I clicked on it, hoping there'd be photos!! :lol: Guess I'll have to keep on checking this page later today. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful :love: You need to take more photos after the meeting!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I like it even more on your finger! Can't wait for more pictures!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG gorgeous :love: As I expected, the center stone looks so much nicer and a better match for the paraiba melee in the setting in your pictures....love love it...did you spend all day staring at your hand? as did everyone else?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually remove my ring and place it on my laptop whilst I work but I wore it all day yesterday. :bigsmile:

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! Look at that new avatar!!! :love: :love: :love:

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I really like the way that ring turned out Chrono. The design and color combination in the melee is excellent and very eye catching. :clap: Are you keeping track of the compliments from passersby on the street?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got to say this, much as I love the new ring, I miss Chrono's Mahenge Spinel avatar!

DK :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1456925067|3998403 said:
I usually remove my ring and place it on my laptop whilst I work but I wore it all day yesterday. :bigsmile:

Good to hear you are getting used to the big bling!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1457130619|3999960 said:
Got to say this, much as I love the new ring, I miss Chrono's Mahenge Spinel avatar!

Not to worry, I'll bring the Mahenge spinel back shortly as it feels as though it has become tied closely with my handle here in PS.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love it! The most blazing blue, so clear and strong. And the design is just incredible, unique, and eye-catching. I'd love to see more "action" pics, outside, against different backgrounds, different angles....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results