shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba ring in the works

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm excited to say that I am finally ready to set my own paraiba.
It may not be on the level of some of the incredible paraiba's that I've seen here (Acinom & SparkliesLuver, I'm looking at you :naughty: ) but I'm indescribably happy to have one of my own.

So specs:
1ct
7.00 x 5.50 x 3.94mm

image_4272.jpg

The one on the bottom (I already set the top one)
image_4276.jpg

I'm very grateful to have SparkliesLuver's permission to use her incredible paraiba ring design.
I know everyone remembers this beauty:
sparkles_paraiba_ring.jpg

I bought some 1.6mm paraiba melee, from Yvonne, with this project in mind.
So, even though I am using SparkliesLuver's design, I could still use some help. After reading through her thread, I noticed that her paraiba melee were 1.5mm and the diamonds 1.2mm. Based on my melee, should I up the diamond to 1.3mm instead?

Also, I would like to change the gallery, since SparkliesLuver worked so hard on that aspect to make it unique (and I don't want to take away from that). I'm not thinking anything with diamonds but all other suggestions would great. :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! Looking forward to see how this project evolves. Your stone is such a beauty and it will look great in the inspired design that was created for Sparkliesluver. Who will make the ring for you?

Unfortunately I am not an expert on ring melee sizes or design. But I am sure this will be a beauty.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you want the gallery to be more open (for light and cleaning) or more elaborate?
If elaborate, do you like soft flowing curves, soft lines or something a bit more structured?

S

SparkliesLuver

Super exciting! :appl:

In terms of melee size, my best advice is to make a drawing to scale. That was the only thing that helped me - otherwise I was trying to do it in my head and, well, that didn't work. :lol:

I appreciate you making your own gallery. :D I have no doubts it'll be beautiful and unique. I ditto Chrono's questions there, so we'll be able to help you more.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see your ring when the project all comes together. Paraibas are such beautiful gems. :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to see the finished piece!

DK :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paraiba projects are so much fun to see!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to read about your project! :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, I will be using David Klass. I've done a couple projects with him and I love his work.

Chrono, I would like the gallery to be more open so that I can get as much light in as possible (and the cleaning aspect is a great point).

SparkliesLuver, drawing is most definitely not a skill of mine but I will see what I can do. :shifty:

LisaRN, dk168, lilmosun, and Lovinggems: thank you. I love coming here to see everyone else's projects. There's a lot that goes into it and it's great that everyone is so nice. Plus, it's just more fun, when you have your pricescope family to chime in. :D

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
I too can't wait to follow along on your journey. It is a learning process for me to watch everybody's dream works come to fruition. I am especially excited to know that you are working with David. I just received my first Paraiba and am looking to David in the future to set it. Will you be using melee and if so do you know what color ? I may have missed it in your earlier posts. I was thinking of using my hauyne melee from Yvonne but now that I have the Paraiba and put them side by side, I'm not so sure. :think:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GLbluegreen|1478973737|4097489 said:
I too can't wait to follow along on your journey. It is a learning process for me to watch everybody's dream works come to fruition. I am especially excited to know that you are working with David. I just received my first Paraiba and am looking to David in the future to set it. Will you be using melee and if so do you know what color ? I may have missed it in your earlier posts. I was thinking of using my hauyne melee from Yvonne but now that I have the Paraiba and put them side by side, I'm not so sure. :think:

How exciting that you will work with David elle and glbluegreen!!!

Have you posted pics of your stone in the Paraiba thread glbluegreen?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any ideas right now because I'm too dazed from looking at the pretty paraibas! :love: :love: :love: It's going to be AMAZING!

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
Not yet Acinom. I tried to take a few pictures but I am not satisfied with the ones I took. Still playing around with it. I have to state as Elle did above that my little Paraiba is not as high of quality as several shown here on the forum, but it's my first one to own and in my current price range and I felt the trust of Adam by folks here on the forum so I went ahead and got it after many months of drooling over everybody elses ! But just to be sure I went ahead and had him send it off to AGL first for an ID and location report. Since it is actually on the bluer side than what I thought it would be I'm not so sure about the hauyne melee with it now. Might call for a different color now that I have it in hand. Thanks for asking and I will try to get a few more better shots of it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GLbluegreen, I'm really excited for you! David does great work (you can see examples all over the forum).
I have seen a few pieces done, with paraiba and hauyne, and I think they look amazing together. I'm going the route of paraiba melee because I've been crazy about SparkliesLuver's ring for ages.

Lucky you on the bluer side. That's the ideal isn't it? Mine is definitely more turquoise, which is perfect for me because that's my favorite color. I hope you do try to get some pics soon. We'd all love to see it (Adam has great material). :lickout:

I scoured Acinom's paraiba thread to grab these pics. There's plenty of different melee options out there. You get the joy of choosing whichever color you like best.

img_0963.jpg

img_0964.jpg

img_0965.jpg

img_0966.jpg

img_0967.jpg

img_0968.jpg

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
LOL that's funny elle because while the bluer Paraiba are usually more sought after, I actually prefer the more turquoise color, just like yours and SparkliesLuver's. I think yours will look amazing because your color of stone is not far off from SparkliesLuver so I would imagine the contrasting colors of your melee will look very similar. I also have Paraiba melee but again, I'm not sure of it going well with the bluer stone. The melee came from Yvonne so it is on the more turquoise side. A lot of it is going to depend on the design of the setting also.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="elle_71125|1478972269|4097477"Chrono, I would like the gallery to be more open so that I can get as much light in as possible (and the cleaning aspect is a great point). [/quote]

Okay, more open. Donut or none?

petalloop.jpg

worvoru.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, great question. I think i would rather no donut.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
paraiba_first_design.jpg

Here's the first design that David Klass sent me. It's using my stone size but everything else is pretty much like SparkliesLuver's ring. I already know that I want a different gallery (so SparkliesLuver's will remain hers alone) but I have no clue what yet.
It will be all 14k white gold (not sure why the design says 3-tone).

I'm still trying to figure out what size melee diamond to use with my 1.6mm paraiba melee. The CAD is basing it off of 1.2mm diamond melee. I'm wondering if 1.3mm or 1.4mm might look better.

What do you guys think? Also, any ideas on an open gallery?

S

SparkliesLuver

It's fun seeing it start to come together. :)

Clarify with David that you don't want 3-tone; however, in my experience with him, he does that so you can better see what's happening with the different stones. The diamond melee does look a bit small to me, compared to the whole thing, so I'd suggest seeing how 1.4mm looks.

For the gallery, just start drawing shapes. :) Get out pen and paper - that's how I always start. Mess around with ideas and see what you keep coming back to. Unfortunately, I feel like it's really hard to find examples of good galleries. (The lower left one of mine is the infamous LM bubble design, but you can modify/simplify as needed).

img_13604.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The girly part of me likes joined up upside-down hearts. :oops:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gonna be a pretty ring! Congrats!
On the gallery- how about one simplified open 'fleur de lis' shape on each side?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver, well I did try to draw out some shapes but that was most decidedly a hopeless endeavor. Turns out, I can't draw and (apparently) I am lacking in the imagination department. :wall:

Chrono, I wouldn't have expected that but I like that softer side of you. :D

Rfisher, that sounds pretty. I had to go look it up because I couldn't remember what it looked like. :wavey:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went a little MIA here. Sadly, I lost my cat, Patience, after a long battle with cancer. :cry:
I'm feeling pretty low right now so I'm trying to perk myself up with sparkly things.

I'm still working on ideas, for the gallery.
I found these pics online.

I like the design. Seems elegant to me.
gallery_idea_1.jpg

This one is different. Not sure how it would fit on an oval ring. It's also a bit deep for me.
gallery_idea_2.jpg

This one's pretty basic:
gallery_idea_3.jpg

This isn't a gallery but I really like the shape of the heart (top part. not where it loops below). How would something like this work in a gallery?
gallery_idea_4.jpg

Any thoughts?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle,
I am very sorry about the passing of Patience. It is very hard on the cat parent. ((Hugs))

I like Gallery 1. You can add a surprise stone in the middle where the metal crosses, if you like.

Not hot about Gallery 2 nor Gallery 3.

Picture 4: this was my idea of the upside down heart. It sort of looks like a heart but isn't a true heart. I like that it looks very organic and feminine.

S

SparkliesLuver

Excuse the crudeness (yet again), but I like drawing things as it helps me visualize. So, taking what you said above, what do you think about these?

img_13630.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle: I like gallery inspiration number one you posted.
So sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. You are so right to do some bling therapy. I can inagine you must feel very sad. Hang in there Elle :wavey:

S

SparkliesLuver

elle_71125 said:
I went a little MIA here. Sadly, I lost my cat, Patience, after a long battle with cancer. :cry:
I'm feeling pretty low right now so I'm trying to perk myself up with sparkly things.

Totally skipped over this and went right to the pictures. :(sad I'm so sorry to hear about Patience! <hugs>

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing to add except that I am sorry to hear about Patience and look forward to seeing this progress.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very sorry for your lost Elle.

Regarding gallery I also like the heart shaped drawing Sparklie whipped up.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, I'm leaning towards gallery# 1 & 4 as well. I like the heart more, I think (it's just so pretty).

SparkliesLuver, you are amazing! Thank you so much for drawing it out for me. I really love the heart gallery that way (I was having a difficult time visualizing how it would look). I'm actually going to send that drawing to David. :D

Acinom, thank you for your condolences. Wandering around this forum has helped take my mind off it a bit.

SparkliesLuver, Lilmosun, Lovinggems: Thank you all for your kind words. I truly appreciate it.

I am going to send David some updated info, for the CADS, including changing the inner (diamond) halo to 1.4mm and changing the gallery. I will share new CAD's, when I get them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results