shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba cab

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you wait until your lovely marquis ring arrives to make a decision? See if it has you itching for a larger faceted stone -or- you think it fills your faceted paraiba need and are ready to try something different (the cab).

If the prices were the same, would that make a difference? Given the relative price of the stone and the cost of setting, I wouldn't make a decision based on price assuming you can afford either.

I would likely go for the faceted stone and save the money to get a smaller cab later. You get nicer color, sparkle and its a good size. Personally, I love my littled faceted ones more than my cab (although I would love larger ones of either :doh: ) It seems to me that faceted stones that size are harder to find and more expensive.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also drawn to the faceted version even though it is sleepy and smaller. That said, the suggestion to wait until your Marquis ring arrives is sound advice. You might decide that you don't want 2 faceted stones but mix it up with a cabochon instead.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Acinom, PinkJewel, ilovegemstones and Chrono for helping me with the decision. I liked both stones , and I would eventually liked to have both a cab and a faceted stone in a decent size. Shame I couldn't get both right at this moment, I'll go for the faceted stone first. A double halo ring as per SparkliesLuver's is on my Wishlist!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admire you for being able to make a choice!!
Great choice on the faceted stone. And I love your idea for the ring :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Congrats on the faceted stone, Lovinggems! :) I'm super excited to see your plan come together. :naughty:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom if I wasn't so speedy on pearls last year I would have gotten both. I missed the cab already :lol: .
Sparklies I love your double halo ring do you mind if I do something similar with this stone?
And thank you both for your kind words. I look forward to hearing your ideas on possible settings designs.

S

SparkliesLuver

Not at all! I'm humbled that you like my ring enough to create one of your own. :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1459943964|4016086 said:
Not at all! I'm humbled that you like my ring enough to create one of your own. :)

Thank you Sparklies that is very gracious of you. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results