shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging T-Gal !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Lady: Have you decided how to set your gorgeous Pad???

Just wondering if you were going to go with James Meyer???
30.gif

Linda

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 1:29:54 PM
Author:Linda W
Hey Lady: Have you decided how to set your gorgeous Pad???

Just wondering if you were going to go with James Meyer???
30.gif

Linda
It''s still sitting in its box Linda. I got the cert not long ago, and just haven''t made a final decision yet. I guess I am not in a huge hurry since our company did not give out raises or bonuses this year!

I pulled it out last night to look at it for the first time in a few weeks. It sure is a purdy stone.

I''ll be honest though, I am not sure at this point that JM setting I am thinking about is the right one for the stone.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyway, think that pads are going to be more visible around here, or that people won''t touch them? I noticed that Chrono and TL said on another thread that they won''t touch pads with a 10 foot pole! And I can''t say I blame them!!

It''s kind of a scary stone, to be sure.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I saw somewhere that you were thinking about sending it back since it''s an oval? Yes, no? Maybe?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG: What post was that? Not sure what you mean that people won''t touch them.

No one I know has one but me, nor do they know what a pad is. It is still my favorite stone though and just mesmerizes me. I know, I know, I am a freak. HA.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh about the JM setting: If you thought about a bezel, I wouldn''t do it either. A pad needs to be "open" to have all the light "hitting" it. That is when the beauty of the stone really shows up.

If you did want a bezel, maybe just a thin one on top, but he could leave the bottom part open, so the light could still reach it.

I am sorry you didn''t get your bonus, that is very disappointing.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope Freke, Richard told me I''d be making a mistake, and he was right. I actually really like the oval shape now. I definitely kept the stone.

Linda, it''s a current thread. I think it''s Chrono''s tsav thread. I just meant that some of our savvier PS colored stone collectors won''t go anywhere near buying one because there is so much funny business when it comes to pads.

We should really start a general pad question thread. Especially with my and Lauren''s recent adventures in padland.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I know what thread you mean, about the BE treated pads. Yes that is a scary thing when buying one.

I am glad you love your pad now. They are such beautiful stones.

I hope you find a beautiful setting for it, that you love.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:05:10 PM
Author: Linda W
Oh I know what thread you mean, about the BE treated pads. Yes that is a scary thing when buying one.

I am glad you love your pad now. They are such beautiful stones.

I hope you find a beautiful setting for it, that you love.
Yes, and as we are finding out, JEWELERS CAN''T TELL.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good. I''m glad you''re keeping it. I think its a stunning stone...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:12:56 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Good. I'm glad you're keeping it. I think its a stunning stone...
It ain't bad. Plus with how rare an unheated decent pad is, I'm figuring I can sell it if I don't want it. LOL.

ETA, I'm kidding btw...not selling it.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol. I was gonna say...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:14:36 PM
Author: TravelingGal

It ain''t bad. Plus with how rare an unheated decent pad is, I''m figuring I can sell it if I don''t want it. LOL.

ETA, I''m kidding btw...not selling it.
1.gif

Well, I hope you are kidding ha. UH... if not... uh... let me know ok???
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:16:30 PM

Date: 4/8/2009 2:14:36 PM

It ain''t bad. Plus with how rare an unheated decent pad is, I''m figuring I can sell it if I don''t want it. LOL.

ETA, I''m kidding btw...not selling it.
1.gif

Well, I hope you are kidding ha. UH... if not... uh... let me know ok???
9.gif
Haha Freke, Linda. Well, I know pads aren''t for everyone. The beauty to me seems partly in its rarity. It''s not like a pastel pinkish orange stone is going to wow anyone if they see it on my hand. At least I don''t think so. Although I imagine your ring gets lots of compliments Linda, so maybe I''m wrong on these stones. My eyes are much more drawn to the bolder stones.

I got a good price on this stone, no doubt about it. It was part of the reason I kept it. Honestly, I was surprised Richard didn''t eagerly take it back when I said I wanted to return it because I know he would have been able to sell it at a reasonable price, yet make more money for himself. The more I learn about these stones, the more grateful I am that he urged me to look at the stone again. By the time I had called him to tell him I was going to return it, it was back in a box, all sealed and taped up. I had to rip open all the packaging again to look at it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so glad you kept it. You will be surprised how your friends will notice it and will ask what stone it is. They will most likely say, that they thought only sapphires came in blue ha ha ha.

People notice my rings all the time and I love explaining to them what it is.

I never really considered the rarity of the stone, although that is partly it, it is just the color. I get lost in it. I know, call me a freak again. HA.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:25:24 PM
I am so glad you kept it. You will be surprised how your friends will notice it and will ask what stone it is. They will most likely say, that they thought only sapphires came in blue ha ha ha.

I never really considered the rarity of the stone, although that is partly it, it is just the color. I get lost in it. I know, call me a freak again. HA.
Nah, there''s already one Freke on this thread.

Odds, pads (at least mine) look really nice with a variety of clothing colors. Black, brown, blue, navy, orange, green..all good!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah Linda! I''m the only freke/freak around these parts!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:27:45 PM
Date: 4/8/2009 2:25:24 PM

Nah, there''s already one Freke on this thread.

Odds, pads (at least mine) look really nice with a variety of clothing colors. Black, brown, blue, navy, orange, green..all good!

YES they do. In December, we met our group of friends in San Francisco for dinner and I had a black turtleneck sweater on and I wore my pad pendant. The lighting was hitting it just right and it sparkled like crazy. My girlfriends were going crazy over it. My two rings too. I only wear my pad rings, when we go out. Otherwise, I wear my regular wedding ring.

Just wait and see, you will get TONS of questions and complements when you wear yours. You will be a proud pad wearer.
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the pad color :) I still stare at my little one all the time, love the delicate but sparkly blush. I'm actually not big on bold colors, I actually prefer softer and delicate looking stones, so I guess it makes sense.

I'm excited to see what setting gets chosen too :) My little lotus setting is done, just waiting for Sally to finish the froggie, and they'll both be getting shipped to me, hopefully I'll have them by end of this month.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:32:24 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I love the pad color :) I still stare at my little one all the time, love the delicate but sparkly blush. I''m actually not big on bold colors, I actually prefer softer and delicate looking stones, so I guess it makes sense.

I''m excited to see what setting gets chosen too :) My little lotus setting is down, just waiting for Sally to finish the froggie, and they''ll both be getting shipped to me, hopefully I''ll have them by end of this month.

Me too!!! Can stare at them all day huh?
9.gif
I can''t wait to see your Lotus setting. It is going to be gorgeous
30.gif
The froggie one will be so adorable.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 2:03:16 PM
Nope Freke, Richard told me I''d be making a mistake, and he was right. I actually really like the oval shape now. I definitely kept the stone.

Linda, it''s a current thread. I think it''s Chrono''s tsav thread. I just meant that some of our savvier PS colored stone collectors won''t go anywhere near buying one because there is so much funny business when it comes to pads.

We should really start a general pad question thread. Especially with my and Lauren''s recent adventures in padland.
Are you talking about me?
9.gif
I enjoy reading the forecaster and though you ladies will like this article about padparadschas:
http://www.preciousgemstones.com/gfspring05.html#2

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 7:22:09 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 4/8/2009 2:03:16 PM

Are you talking about me?
9.gif
I enjoy reading the forecaster and though you ladies will like this article about padparadschas:
http://www.preciousgemstones.com/gfspring05.html#2
Great article, and one I hadn''t seen before (I thought I found them all!) I also like the pad in the AGL report!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda - I found my setting. Slight problem though...it''s $5000.
39.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 1:38:11 AM
39.gif

ouch!! Are you going to keep us in suspense???

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 1:40:23 AM
Author: icekid

Date: 4/11/2009 1:38:11 AM
39.gif

ouch!! Are you going to keep us in suspense???
I guess so, since I have no pics of it. I found it at a jeweler. And it''s not even that special - it certainly wouldn''t pop at you if I wore the damn thing!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May I ask where did you find it??????????
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
23rd street jewelers...I shouldn''t have walked in there!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Grief lady, are you going to purchase it??? What does it look like, spill the beans!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
At this particular moment, I am not crazy, so no, I am not going to purchase it. It was delicate. Milgrain (or however you spell it) bezel that was very delicate/thin and french cut diamonds . Would have been made in rose gold that didn''t overwhelm the stone at all.

It was just wearable and would have protected the stone. I am going to keep looking, perhaps go back to singlestone to look at their selection more carefully. I think I just don''t want to send the stone off again. It''s not replaceable to me. Whitby''s JM ring gone missing in the post has me thinking twice.
32.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, that would really scare the crud out of me too. I wouldn''t want to send my stone off. Better to find someone close by. You may have luck at singlestone. I would love to be able to browse in there.

The setting you saw sounds lovely though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results