shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Love in Bloom!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: Wait, wha? Another home?
31.gif

Thank you so much for posting more photos!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 11:49:49 PM
Author: FrekeChild
How similar in color was it to this one in the ACS photo? http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=80&idproduct=2442
Not at all similar! The spinel you linked is actually the round blue stone in my pictures. I returned it. It was a cool round spinel though. Color change really. Dusty blue in natural light, violet in artificial light. The oval is just the opposite with the color play, and is a good bit lighter.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Here it is, looking all purple in my old ering setting:

LIB_spinel_112 c.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love that darker blue spinel. I was drooling over that on the ACS website.

Freke, are you looking for a spinel for your e-ring? Was it you that was looking for a topaz initially?

How I love the blue stones. *Sigh*

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
But it was this weird deep gray-blue most of the time (on the right):

LIB_spinel_023.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
ETA: Removed. Just drooling over the photos.
18.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Sorry EBree! I got a little carried away with the pictures
26.gif
!

The oval is natural, and no heat. It is absolute perfection to my eyes and to my macro lens from all angles. I don't remember the specs on the blue one though. It was kind of murky.

I don't know much about colored stones. I like that the Barbara Smigel lists any treatments or enhancements made to the stones she sells. She is very informative and I wouldn't hesitate to call her if you have any questions. She's a doll!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 12:10:36 AM
Author: Love in Bloom

Sorry EBree! I got a little carried away with the pictures
26.gif
!

The oval is natural, and no heat. It is absolute perfection to my eyes and to my macro lens from all angles. I don't remember the specs on the blue one though. It was kind of murky.

I don't know much about colored stones. I like that the Barbara Smigel lists any treatments or enhancements made to the stones she sells. She is very informative and I wouldn't hesitate to call her if you have any questions. She's a doll!

Thank you so much! I removed the question(s) because I didn't want to be rude- I'm not familiar with colored stone etiquette!

I love, love, love the oval (as well as the rest of the amazing stones pictured in this thread). If you decide to let her go, let us know.
31.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Aww, that''s okay. I''m not familiar with gemstone etiquitte either, or even if there is such a thing. I also don''t mind you asking, although this time I just happened to know the answer. Sometimes that is not the case!
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 11:59:21 PM
Author: EBree
Oooh, I love that darker blue spinel. I was drooling over that on the ACS website.

Freke, are you looking for a spinel for your e-ring? Was it you that was looking for a topaz initially?

How I love the blue stones. *Sigh*
Yeah that was me. I still oogle the london blue oval on ACS, but I think it's a lot bigger than what I want. Where as LIB's spinel is just a tiny bit smaller than exactly what I was looking for. I've actually branched out into looking for spinels and sapphires (I did this at the very beginning too) because everyone kept saying so many bad things about topaz as a 24/7 stone. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent scouring the internet for stones that would fit what I want. Unfortunately I have the time to do that because we started looking at erings in February 2007...and ever since then I keep changing my mind every few months-just because I've had many months to do it over and I keep second guessing myself.

I actually showed BF the pics LIB posted and he said: "We can talk about that one if you find it for sale."

He's never said that before. And I've shown him thousands of stones.
7.gif

ETA: What is all this business about gemstone etiquette?

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
You have such a heavenly little rock collection LIB!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo, I LOVE your collection, LIB!!!!!
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LIB what a Phenominal collection all pretty in pink and blues! I am glad you kept the spinel. It really has a nice saturation of color to it and the cut is just exquisite!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
LIB - it''s your collection that turned me on to ACS - and now I live on their website just looking at they''re pretty cuts.

You have such a lovely collection - I can''t wait to see how you set those beauties!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
LiB- you take such fantastic pictures! It probably helps that your little pet rocks are fantastically stunning
18.gif
Keep us updated on any setting progress.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
That's it, LIB.

*packs bags and heads to the airport*

I'm coming over to play!
9.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies for all of your kind comments about my rocks! I''m so glad you enjoy the ACstones site. I learned about it here on PS too!

Hey Coatimundi, do you like rollercoasters? I haven''t been upside down in a while. We should totally ride one!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 12:26:17 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

Thank you ladies for all of your kind comments about my rocks! I''m so glad you enjoy the ACstones site. I learned about it here on PS too!

Hey Coatimundi, do you like rollercoasters? I haven''t been upside down in a while. We should totally ride one!

Love them! I haven''t been on one in a loooong time, though.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results